• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Same old routines?

DraculaMan

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I think we have experienced some sort of boredom with our training routines. Every now and then I will experiment with new lifts and forms. Lately I've been having some issues with my biceps growing and my triceps overgrowing. So instead of my basic heavy training on the bi's I'm starting to use very high reps with moderate to low weight. One style is the concentration curl with 30lbs and around 100-150 reps. It hurts but so far its very effective. Anyone else do this?

What I do to avoid boredom is always change a few exercises. But I always stick to the basics. Incline Bench, should press, bb rows, deadlift,squats, close grip bench, skull crushers. Once I have my basic compound movements done. I do two random exercise but still stick to the same bodypart. Keeps me from getting bored but makes sure I get the basics in.

Yeah I tried some new neck lifts today and I've used muscles I never thought were there.

This year, for some reason I've really had to shock my body to grow. It seems that anything that's just plain lifting isn't working as well as before. One of my boy's Jeff L. does high, mid and low weight training. One week it's light weight, followed by the next week witch is mid range and the third week is really heavy. That seems to of really helped me out this year so far, and did I mention that I'm about to start a wicked cycle after being off for four months. Hellz ya...

same boat! been doing diffrent types of pyramids over the last year and is starting to get pretty boring. gonna change up n a few weeks and do whats called dog crap training. there was a thread on it a week or 2 ago and from the way it sounds if done right should help me out quite a bit. thanks anabolic for the advice bro

same boat! been doing diffrent types of pyramids over the last year and is starting to get pretty boring. gonna change up n a few weeks and do whats called dog crap training. there was a thread on it a week or 2 ago and from the way it sounds if done right should help me out quite a bit. thanks anabolic for the advice bro

I heard alot of good things about dc training, I need to read up on it more.

I think we have experienced some sort of boredom with our training routines. Every now and then I will experiment with new lifts and forms. Lately I've been having some issues with my biceps growing and my triceps overgrowing. So instead of my basic heavy training on the bi's I'm starting to use very high reps with moderate to low weight. One style is the concentration curl with 30lbs and around 100-150 reps. It hurts but so far its very effective. Anyone else do this?

What??

2nd the 21's.

I can find it if you need; but research tends to indicate that a moderately high rep range 8-16 is better for hypertrophy than 5-8 (which it better for strength). But then we get into your personal distribution of slow to fast, dominate fiber typing--and all bets are off. Personally, I've done heavy Duty (what I feel was the pre-courser to DC), DC, pyramiding, etc. I find 12 weeks on any particular program will give you all you need to evaluate it for yourself.

Of course, I agree it's best to cycle ones training. And spending time using 2 to 3 different training protocols for strength and the same for hardening/cutting keeps both my mind and physique happy.

However, that said, I do find 10-15 a good range for me. But then again, I'm a classic ectomorph whose increasing age has inclined me to endomorph--your milage may vary;-)

Ronn

I've gotten back into German volume training big time recently. Makes me grow like a weed, and I get to pick one or two exercises for each body part and just settle into a rhythm.

A true plateau buster if you are ever in need of one.

I honestly can't run the same routine for more than 3 weeks, it destroys my joints and I go no where in progress >.<

Back