• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

My Kel Tec went boom

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Took the fam out shooting the other night. I wanted to shoot my bedroom gun as I dont shoot it as much as I should. First 29 rounds all good, 30th round chamber went boom. I felt something hit my head and looked down and the chamber was gone.

Be safe guys and always wear eye protection! This was a factory gun with good factory ammo. It only had 300 rounds down range. Ill be calling tomorrow for warranty then it will be sold. I wont own another Kel Tec. Sux I really liked that gun.

Dang bro that could have been your life id sue just saying

Sux that your family was with you when it happend. I guess good thing is it happend in your hands and not theirs you know.

Sux that your family was with you when it happend. I guess good thing is it happend in your hands and not theirs you know.
Or on the range rather then if I really had to use it at home.

Exactly...i give you props anyway for teaching your family to shoot

Exactly...i give you props anyway for teaching your family to shoot
Thanks, wife is a awesome shot. My mom wants to learn and dad needs to get out more. I can shoot 2 miles from home now. So taking them is easy now.

Jesus that's unnerving

It's karma for the soccer creeping..kidding kidding. I'd be pissed as fuck tbh

Holy shit! You need to get that examined.

Serves you right for buying a Kel Tec lol jk.. Kinda.. Btw please tell me you don't really use a 22 for home defense....glad nobody got hurt though.

IML Gear Cream!
Hate to hear that, dude. I have to ask though...are you really surprised that a keltech fucked up?

He a kel-Tec 380 it was a jamming ass gun..Like the xdm 40 it's bad ass.

Thanks, wife is a awesome shot. My mom wants to learn and dad needs to get out more. I can shoot 2 miles from home now. So taking them is easy now.

Haha ya make sure all your ladies know how to shoot. Just last summer i brought my mom to my grandpas range. I laid out a bunch of guns .22, 9, 45, 12gauge, AR and then whatever else my grandpa uncle and cousin brought. I handed her the .22 rifle and she says no i want this one She takes my Bushmaster AR with the EO Tech and forward grip and i kid you not her first time ever shooting a gun she hit maybe 7 inches low of a target at 50 yards with a holographic site. Im like yaaaa thats my mama lol.

Did you load the cartridge in backwards? I've heard of stranger things and yes somehow it still can detonate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure round 29 was not a squib load
Naw it went boom. I did a google search and it seems this has happened a LOT with this gun. If I would have known I wouldnt have bought it.

Not an overpressured round, Hornady would never make that mistake in these days of everyone sueing everybody. It's a KelTec simple as that. Not horrible guns, but definitely not the best. Look guys we will blow 600 bucks in a heartbeat to replenish our stash- so don't skimp on something so vital to protect your families. If money (or the wife) is an issue, a Sig P2022 won't set you back much more- if it's a pocket gun you need, make it a Ruger LCP.

Not an overpressured round, Hornady would never make that mistake in these days of everyone sueing everybody. It's a KelTec simple as that. Not horrible guns, but definitely not the best. Look guys we will blow 600 bucks in a heartbeat to replenish our stash- so don't skimp on something so vital to protect your families. If money (or the wife) is an issue, a Sig P2022 won't set you back much more- if it's a pocket gun you need, make it a Ruger LCP.
I have many others to choose from. I picked the PMR for the 30 rounds AND small round that wont go through many walls, also the db level. It is a 500.00 gun so I wouldnt say its skimping.

Either way the lesson for me is to stay away from Kel Tec. I was real close to buying a KSG but I hear they have MANY issues also. I now have my VP9 along with my Saiga 12 next to the bed.

Get Shredded!
Damn- had no idea their 22mag costs that much- yeah definitely better choices out there. Vp9- great gun, you'll have no issues there.

Damn- had no idea their 22mag costs that much- yeah definitely better choices out there. Vp9- great gun, you'll have no issues there.

VP9, Ive owned it for a couple years now. It is great but that trigger bites my finger for some reason. Either way I know it will get the job done for sure!

Back