• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Donating blood?

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Blood donation called today and left me voicemail. They want me to donate again but this time it's a 2hr appointment. Yeah it takes 2 hrs for this type of blood donation. Has anyone done this? Blood platelets or something? Does this still reduce your blood cell count?

Blood donation called today and left me voicemail. They want me to donate again but this time it's a 2hr appointment. Yeah it takes 2 hrs for this type of blood donation. Has anyone done this? Blood platelets or something? Does this still reduce your blood cell count?
I did this once because they kept bugging me.A pain in the ass.Every bit of 2 hours.I always decline now and say no just whole blood.

Its a double red and yes it reduces your count but you have to wait longer to donate again. I think it's 54 days.

It's not a double red, that takes about a half hour, it's platelets, they pay u for those

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I never did platelets, it's not worth it, double reds is the best to get your crit down, that's if they want double reds of your lousy blood lol jk

I tried to do double reds last donation and they kept pushing me to do platelets. I ended up doing whole because I wasn't sure if platelets helped with my rbc.

I have gears, alcohol and coke in my blood. If I donate the one that receives should pay me for the muscles and the energy.

I tried to do double reds last donation and they kept pushing me to do platelets. I ended up doing whole because I wasn't sure if platelets helped with my rbc.
yup, u were right they dont, but double reds takes double the amount of rbc's that whole blood does, but gives you back your plasma, platelets and whatever else is in a whole blood donation. Which makes it ideal for getting ur hematocrit lowered. Around me they pay ppl for platelets, probably cuz it's so time consuming, they pushed u for platelets and pocketed your money lol

Also when they can afford to, they will only take double reds from universal donors (blood that can be received by any blood type) I am one that's why I get non stop phone calls even after I told them to stop.

IML Gear Cream!
It's not a double red, that takes about a half hour, it's platelets, they pay u for those

I donate platelets on a regular basis and never get paid. Just a shirt that I never wear.

Wife had cancer is why I do it.

I donate platelets on a regular basis and never get paid. Just a shirt that I never wear.

Wife had cancer is why I do it.
Good man, sorry I forget things vary from state to state, they don't pay much here anyway, I think it like $20 and it might come in the form of a gift card, not sure as I never did platelets

I like the idea of helping someone but 2 hrs! I dunno if I can sit that long.

They don't give you anything but a Netflix movie and popcorn while your donating.

I think I'll just stick to double reds.

Platelet donations do not provide us any benefits from a bodybuilder perspective as far as lowering RBC, crit, and hemoglobin. Do whole blood, or better yet, double red donations instead.

Platelet donations do not provide us any benefits from a bodybuilder perspective as far as lowering RBC, crit, and hemoglobin. Do whole blood, or better yet, double red donations instead.
How do u benefit for donating blood besides helping someone ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sorry whats CBC

on test or similar compounds, it increases the amount of red blood cells, they supply iron, oxygen, basically more energy, but at the same time when levels get too high it makes the blood very viscous (thick) and that's not good, u can have a stroke or some other type of cardiovascular problems

Complete blood count. You don't want it to high. It builds up with test levels. You donate to drop it a few points.

Get Shredded!
So would you donation on or off cycle

Regularly. I blast and cruise and get turned down sometimes because my hemo is to high.

Regularly. I blast and cruise and get turned down sometimes because my hemo is to high.
Too high? They told me if its too high they will take it and dump it just to help the person.

If my hemo is over 18 they say I need a Doctors approval for donation. Plus they charge me $30 to take it. LifeSouth blood center

Too high? They told me if its too high they will take it and dump it just to help the person.
They do a fingerstick to determine if your fit to donate, it can be to high or too low, you won't even get to donate, another option is to get a script for a theraputical blood draw, no one receives blood, it's just to help get your numbers down.

Yeah the first thing I do is have them check my hemo with finger stick. The script donation is a pain in the ass.

They do a fingerstick to determine if your fit to donate, it can be to high or too low, you won't even get to donate, another option is to get a script for a theraputical blood draw, no one receives blood, it's just to help get your numbers down.

My place did the same and mine was at 18. He said it was high but said hes seen higher. He then explained they would let them donate then toss the blood.

My place did the same and mine was at 18. He said it was high but said hes seen higher. He then explained they would let them donate then toss the blood.
That was cool of them.

Yeah the first thing I do is have them check my hemo with finger stick. The script donation is a pain in the ass.
What's the difference with a theraputical donation? I was offered it by my urologist but I rather help someone if I could so I use 2 different blood banks.

Back