• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

So much food! Ugh!!

ohsnapsicle

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
ok so decided to eat big to get big. problem i'm having is, FFS its so much food! i'm currently doing 531 - BBB and decided to use his diet plan. here it is:

breakfast:
6 egg(with cheese), 1 cup oatmeal and 1 apple

1st Lunch:
10 oz steak, 6 new red potatoes, 1 bag of steam veggies

2nd lunch:
2 chicken breast, 2 cups of spanish rice, 1 bag of steamed veggies

Dinner:
2 chicken breast, 2 cups of pasta with marinara, 1 bag of steamed veggies.

ok, so breakfast is fine. feel full but not miserable. yesterday i at all of 1st lunch, and 2nd lunch and i was completely miserable. worked out then when i got home date my dinner but wasn't able to finish it. in total its about 4300 calories and i normally eat about 3000. the extra 1300 is brutal. decided to reduce the potato amount to 4, veggies to half a bag and 1 1/2 chicken breasts. having such a hard time eating this much food. still hitting about 3900 to 4000 calories so all is good.

Break it up into six meals. Get a food scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Break it up into six meals. Get a food scale.

This^^^
Also 1300 cals is a big jump. Ease your way up to that many surplus cals over a cpl weeks. Give your body a transitioning period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Getting to 4500 Calories eating chicken breast and veggies is not easy. In fact I would love to see the weight of your food I doubt that meal plan will get you there.

Chicken Breast calories- 1136 calories for the day
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/poultry-products/703/2

Steak Calories- 520
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/beef-products/3534/2

Rice calories- 410
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5712/2

I didnt add up the rest but Steamed veggies have almost no calories. So you would need around 2500 calories from 6 eggs 2 cups of pasta, 1 cup of oats and an apple....

Try a weight gainer or adding fat into your diet. Mct oil mac oil are good fats to add in.

and if you aren't already shred that chicken... I boil mine quickly until just done then shred it with 2 forks... throw it back into the pot and add some chicken stock to give it some moisture back.

i feel stupid. i didn't think to shred it. brilliant! thanks skinny! i'll try that before i reduce any meals.

Switch over to chicken thighs. I can't even fathom why people choose breasts over thighs. Make a post-workout out of some cereal or something. No need to eat 4k calories THAT clean. ..Where's your fats? Add cheese or something.

That's looks like a starvation diet. Haha I'd be hungry as hell off that! Upping food is tough though! Don't be afraid to throw in some pasteurized egg whites as well.

Switch over to chicken thighs. I can't even fathom why people choose breasts over thighs. Make a post-workout out of some cereal or something. No need to eat 4k calories THAT clean. ..Where's your fats? Add cheese or something.

cheese in with the eggs and i'm using marbled sirloin steak.

IML Gear Cream!
That's looks like a starvation diet. Haha I'd be hungry as hell off that! Upping food is tough though! Don't be afraid to throw in some pasteurized egg whites as well.

i'm not starving at all. i'm actually way more full on this diet than eating 3000 calories.

last night i food processed the chicken, threw it in with the pasta and emptied the back of veggies and tossed that around. while it was "easier" to eat and not all of the chewing from whole pieces of chicken it was still tough. however i still like the "shredded chicken" option better. it doesn't look so overwhelming.

you call that a lot? I have to restrict myself to 4k lol

First thought I had when reading this thread, too: thighs cooked in a frying pan (Pam to keep it from sticking) with some cajun spice on top is unreal compared to chicken breast. Feels kinda guilty to eat it is so good...

Or, something I did for about a year before switching to thighs: maybe try drinking your chicken breast? Boil a bunch of it in a big pot and then add water in a Ninja or similar, blend it smooth and carry it around in a cooler. It actually isn't disgusting to drink and you can slam it fast. Not great while dieting down because you feel like you never get to actually eat anything...but probably great for a bulk where you're tired of chewing.

First thought I had when reading this thread, too: thighs cooked in a frying pan (Pam to keep it from sticking) with some cajun spice on top is unreal compared to chicken breast. Feels kinda guilty to eat it is so good...

Or, something I did for about a year before switching to thighs: maybe try drinking your chicken breast? Boil a bunch of it in a big pot and then add water in a Ninja or similar, blend it smooth and carry it around in a cooler. It actually isn't disgusting to drink and you can slam it fast. Not great while dieting down because you feel like you never get to actually eat anything...but probably great for a bulk where you're tired of chewing.

haha, i'm food processing it so it looks like canned chicken. easier to put down. but next week i'm for going to do shakes instead of meals to fill in the gaps for calories.

lol yeah 4k might be low for some of you but i've been living off 3k for a while now and after i plateaued i realized i should up my intake and protein. figured 1000 to 1500 would be a good enough jump. however i'm finding upping it with real food is tough! i meal prepped the entire week. looking at my fridge i'm like "damn, thats still alot of food left". problem is during the day i'm sitting around in an office. i'm not moving around or working out until later in the afternoon. i'm sure it would be completely different if i was doing 2 a days or at least moving around.

Sometimes on days I am very active I put down 6000

now see, i can see me doing that if i was more active. but this damn office job has me stuck.

so an update.

i changed my meal plan

Breakfast
6 eggs with cheese, 1 cup of oat meal and an apple

first snack
1 scoop of muscletech plus protein, 3 tbsp of powered peanut butter, 2 tbsp of honey, 1 banana, ice and water

lunch
10 oz steak, 6 red potatoes, 3/4 package of frozen mixed veggies

second snack
1 scoop of muscletech plus protein, 3 tbsp of powered peanut butter, 2 tbsp of honey, 1 banana, ice and water

dinner (i only do this because i don't want to be full on food before work out)
2 scoops of muscletech plus protein, 6 tbsp of powered peanut butter, 4 tbsp of honey, 2 bananas, ice and water

post work out
16 oz chicken thighs, 2 cups of spanish rice, 3/4 package of frozen mixed veggies

changed the snack meals into shakes and chicken to thighs. HUGE difference. was able to makeup the protein and calories and not feel so miserable. the chicken breast to thigh was so much more enjoyable to eat. thanks for that tip. so far i'm averaging about 4650 calories a day. bottom line is i feel great and not miserable.

thanks everyone for the help.

You probably are not getting what you think you are getting from the shakes. Just saying.

In general. http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmor...ck-protein-ripping-off-athletes/#601162a71039

Your protein in particular, is made by iovate, which just paid a settlement over "spiking" its protein to fool people like you. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...t-reached-over-iovate-protein-spiking-claims/

Hair and fingernail powder sourced from China does not a bodybuilder's body make. I think you were on the right track before, splitting up those calories or maybe ramping up more slowly than a 1300 calorie jump.

so an update.

i changed my meal plan

Breakfast
6 eggs with cheese, 1 cup of oat meal and an apple

first snack

lunch
10 oz steak, 6 red potatoes, 3/4 package of frozen mixed veggies

second snack

dinner (i only do this because i don't want to be full on food before work out)
2 scoops of muscletech plus protein, 6 tbsp of powered peanut butter, 4 tbsp of honey, 2 bananas, ice and water

post work out
16 oz chicken thighs, 2 cups of spanish rice, 3/4 package of frozen mixed veggies

changed the snack meals into shakes and chicken to thighs. HUGE difference. was able to makeup the protein and calories and not feel so miserable. the chicken breast to thigh was so much more enjoyable to eat. thanks for that tip. so far i'm averaging about 4650 calories a day. bottom line is i feel great and not miserable.

thanks everyone for the help.
I would count the eggs, steak, chicken, and any other protein from real food. I would not include the protein powder in your totals daily protein intake or your calories.

Hell, their entire defense of the lawsuit, before they capitulated and paid, was, basically, this: The FDA has a test. We found a way to scam the test. We have to go with the way the FDA runs its test, not how this stuff is actually digested in our customer's bodies.

Get Shredded!
Hair and fingernails - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chinese-hair-fingernails-protein-shakes-blake-corley

Very high quality proteins cost $18 a pound. Do you think that is what your manufacturer is using? How many pounds is your tub? What does it cost?

[h=4]Very high-quality proteins cost the manufacturer as much as 18 dollars a pound. Manufacturers aren't happy about that. They know they can only pass off some of the higher costs to you before you get miffed and try to find an even cheaper brand.
That's why a few manufacturers have apparently resorted to a sneaky tactic. They spike their products with cheap amino acids like taurine, glycine, glutamine, and even creatine.
[/h][h=4]Aminos Made from Human HairMost of these amino acids are produced in China through the chemical synthesis of keratin, which is derived from throwaways like hair, feathers, fingernails, and fur, and thus sells for less than a dollar a pound.
Throw in 15 grams of real protein, spike it with 25 grams of cheap amino acids made from human hair and claim "40 grams of protein" on the label. Sound fair?
[/h]
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/protein-trickery-nitrogen-spiking

so, recommendations of good protein instead of just giving me negative feedback? but informative thanks!

Well, I thought I did that in the first post, when I said you were on the right track earlier . . .

Hair and fingernails - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chinese-hair-fingernails-protein-shakes-blake-corley

Very high quality proteins cost $18 a pound. Do you think that is what your manufacturer is using? How many pounds is your tub? What does it cost?

https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/protein-trickery-nitrogen-spiking

Why not just AVOID those brands. I mean this could happen with multis, fish oils, or liver support supplements but that doesn't mean I would STOP using those supplements I would just find better brand. I think digesting to use protein from food ONLY is great but I still see LOT of benefits to using protein powders as an aid or to fill some things in.

Bogner, because you will never, ever know which brands until you get an independent lab to test it, and the reality is that none of them are giving you the protein advertised the same as if you ate a comparable amount of grilled salmon. It's marketing.

I am not "anti-shake." In fact, I sometimes consume one when working out (especially if using insulin, there is a shake with "protein" and carbs). I can't exactly be eating a plate of chicken, rice, and broccoli in the gym, and it is a convenient way to get some protein at that time.

I just think it is a bad, bad idea to get so many calories and grams of protein from shakes substituted for real food. The reality is simple - you are not getting what you think you are getting. The price alone would make it infeasible.

There is a reason it is difficult to eat 300 grams of protein in a day.

That is my only point. Don't think you are getting the same thing as 300 grams of protein from eggs and meat. Cause you're not.

well i decided to change to a t-nation approved protein but i just can't go back to eating that much. maybe if i was more active during the day but i'm stuck in an office and its so hard to eat that much.

Bogner, because you will never, ever know which brands until you get an independent lab to test it, and the reality is that none of them are giving you the protein advertised the same as if you ate a comparable amount of grilled salmon. It's marketing.

I am not "anti-shake." In fact, I sometimes consume one when working out (especially if using insulin, there is a shake with "protein" and carbs). I can't exactly be eating a plate of chicken, rice, and broccoli in the gym, and it is a convenient way to get some protein at that time.

I just think it is a bad, bad idea to get so many calories and grams of protein from shakes substituted for real food. The reality is simple - you are not getting what you think you are getting. The price alone would make it infeasible.

There is a reason it is difficult to eat 300 grams of protein in a day.

That is my only point. Don't think you are getting the same thing as 300 grams of protein from eggs and meat. Cause you're not.

Agreed that's why i always toss 1 to 2 EXTRA SCOOPS of protein if I'm using a shake
I can tell when I'm doing pretty decent on protein intake cause when I shit it tears my butthole nearly in half till it rips and I can literally hear my turd hit the tank with some blood. Not lot of blood but it's like pooping an armadillo
And it's NOT fun it's kinda scary specially when it's half way out and I'm out of breath debating if I should just suck the turd back in and try later.

I'm currently on 4500 calories 4 days a week and 5500 calories the other 3, I agree it's not easy but I don't go sleep until I hit that target

Back