• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Going through some things...

ROID

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Have you ever just felt off or odd on a consistent basis ? Like things just are jiving like they should ? Like you're missing some kind of "sign" or off your path ?

How did you find your path again or purpose ? If you're bored enough elaborate about particular time spans of your life that at the time you thought was just a waste but ended up being a blessing .

Do some squats.

Do some squats.
Squats and deadlifts have always been my immediate answer. They have a way of refocusing your thoughts.

But yes this is common in my life. The worst was after the initial trauma of my divorce wore off. I was still not up for relationships and I'd made a few friends. Money was fine if not decent, but I'd lost my purpose. It felt like running in quicksand to be working my ass off, making decent money but it was just me and only me except the weekends I had my kids. I'd quit trying to fuck my way happy because it just left me feeling more alone after a few years. It felt like everything I was doing was just for nothing. I wasn't working to better my family, I wasn't working to improve myself beyond lifting, I was at odds with work as a Vice President helping to build a successful collection of random luck into a business with structure and constantly having to defend myself so their was little satisfaction there. I wasn't depressed I was lost.

So when it really hit me hard I lifted hard or did cardio. Hard enough that I couldn't think or feel afterwards. I knew my job had a short lifespan because after I had developed the systems and strategies they were going to try to repurpose me, so I started saving and building my credit as a habit. I wound up meeting an amazing chick when I didn't expect it and after awhile I had a goal which was to deal with personal shit that I had deferred. I then went overboard with a new purpose. Ended the relationship, the job crapped out within a month of each other and that's when life went way crazy. I dated a friend that was a bit crazy, started a business, gambled all that credit and savings I had and went through a rough year where training was number one except when I had my kids or scraped up work. I just worked at the little bit I had in my life at the time. The worry and working for little benefit drove me past that lost feeling.

Fast forward a year and I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm remarried, my business is doing some pretty impressive things and despite a lot of challenges in life (I require challenges) I have goals again with no real idea how to take the next step. I get more time with my kids then i'm used to.

Point being is even when I had no real goals and no real purpose I just kept looking ahead for the next floor to fall out and tried to prepare myself. I lifted until I was broken to free up my mind for a little while and I quit trying to fix that lost feeling. I tried to fix the things that I knew were holding me down personally, I made some real (at the time bad and risky) decisions and life found a path for me I never expected. Unless you fall into self destruction then you'll land again. Today i'm grateful for all that dark time. It gave me time to make small changes that have made me better than ever and it turns out there just aren't that many big deals in life. Shit just works out if you just keep moving forward.

So honestly squats and deadlifts are my best answer. And don't do drugs.

Last edited:
Have you ever just felt off or odd on a consistent basis ? Like things just are jiving like they should ? Like you're missing some kind of "sign" or off your path ?

How did you find your path again or purpose ? If you're bored enough elaborate about particular time spans of your life that at the time you thought was just a waste but ended up being a blessing .

Roid,

Are you a person of faith?

Every god damn day. And it ends up kickin me in the ass. Never a blessing. I must have bee a real big pos in a past life. Cuz I'm payin for that shit now, lol.

Just don't let it take your soul.

You have a child now, that is your journey. When you commit to it you won't have time for questioning your path.

Love others, its simple really

I went through a yr and a half of no real purpose beyond raising my children which should be purpose enough but really isn't when you're trying to make their lives..idk..perfect and it just isent.

I had to step back and reflect a LOT . Slowly swimming out of it but it took a lot of really tough self adjustments.

IML Gear Cream!
Oh..and yes..some very tough shit in my marriage was ultimately a blessing. We learned to communicate and articulate better..it's not perfect but the progress has been astonishing if I reflect on it.

Oh..and yes..some very tough shit in my marriage was ultimately a blessing. We learned to communicate and articulate better..it's not perfect but the progress has been astonishing if I reflect on it.
Same but different.

I found that developing a severe crack addiction really helps for like 30 seconds.

I feel ya man. Life can be a mind fuck. The part part is that the clouds do clear in time and the sun comes out to shine again! I know how you feel and have had some pretty shitty thoughts. But for me it was time that made it better.

Good luck brother hang in there!

I still vote for 20 rep squats as heavy as you can followed by thensame
for deadlifts. Punish the body and free your mind. And don't so drugs.

I could say that the years I spent abusing drugs and alcohol were a waste, but I'm who I am today Bc of my past. I claim almost 7 years of clean time but really it's been 8.

If things feel off to you, maybe it's Bc your life is changing and it's time for you to do some changing also. ACTION is what it's all about. It's not what we say or think but what we do that determines who we are.

I'm at a place in my life where I'm on the endless cycle of bs Bc I'm not growing and living my life based the ideals I've developed for myself in my head. Like if I'm not living my life in a way that's moving in the direction I want to be headed, then I'm fucked and am gonna keep going thru the same shit until I actually do something different.

To get something we've never had, we've got to do something we've never done.

Idk if any of that helps but that's what came to my mind when I read your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
Roid,

Are you a person of faith?

Absolutely! My question as well. But I scrolled down and see that you are. Brother I can tell you from personal experience on several fronts (I know some will blast me) that until you get your spiritual life in check (there's only one God) and I mean truly in check, He will let you hit a point when you have to call on Him. And brother when you do and your eyes are opened, you WILL be blessed. I've been sitting in a place where I thought all was over. Wanna know what I chose to do? I picked up the Bible and STUDIED scripture. As you are probably aware, there is a difference between reading the Bible and studying it. Again, I'm sure I'll get flamed from "believing in a man in the sky", but hey (although I know I'm not wrong) if I were wrong, I rather be wrong and followed than be right and not have believed. Understand what I'm saying?

Sam-

Last edited:
Every god damn day. And it ends up kickin me in the ass. Never a blessing. I must have bee a real big pos in a past life. Cuz I'm payin for that shit now, lol.

Just don't let it take your soul.
Good advice, I can say honestly because I relate 100 percent.

Sent from my LG-UK495 using Tapatalk

Absolutely! My question as well. But I scrolled down and see that you are. Brother I can tell you from personal experience on several fronts (I know some will blast me) that until you get your spiritual life in check (there's only one God) and I mean truly in check, He will let you hit a point when you have to call on Him. And brother when you do and your eyes are opened, you WILL be blessed. I've been sitting in a place where I thought all was over. Wanna know what I chose to do? I picked up the Bible and STUDIED scripture. As you are probably aware, there is a difference between reading the Bible and studying it. Again, I'm sure I'll get flamed from "believing in a man in the sky", but hey (although I know I'm not wrong) if I were wrong, I rather be wrong and followed than be right and not have believed. Understand what I'm saying?

good advice,
when you mention studying scripture what version of the bible do you typically study? Ive read some of the king james version and terminology gets somewhat confusing Is There a good modern translation to read?

Sam-

No blasting here brother. The Lord is my Salvation and I have been through some horrible times in my 50 years and never would have thought I would be where I am today. It defies reason but it's real and I am living proof that we can change and when you think you can't go anymore and feel like giving up dig deep and put your faith in the Lord . What ever is going on in your life roid I pray gets better for you brother.

Sam-

best answer ive seen so far sometimes problems in life are gods way of getting our attention

best answer ive seen so far sometimes problems in life are gods way of getting our attention
More realistically shit just happens in life and you reach inside yourself for the strength and you drive on. Or pray to an imaginary being to help and when no help comes you can rationalize it by saying he was testing you. If you do work it out you can thank him.

Get the strength from yourself and/or lean on people who you trust for strength.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Back