• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New here

E.J.D

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hello everyone!! A gymrat who recently switched to a Westside Barbell power lifting routine. 5'10" 290 lbs typical endo build lol.

Used to train Westside for many many years. Loved it with no injuries yet big lifts in meets. Welcome....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you everyone! Tdthick have you tried other methods i.e the cube, Mark Bells super training etc? So far I'm enjoying Westside very much.

Nope. Most I looked at over the years had more "heavy" lifting in the main lifts than I appreciated. Always was spooked by injuries. Heavy close inclines, rack presses, lock outs, etc are great for heavy work. But those main lifts I saved for meets. Worked well for me and had ZERO injuries. I do need a new change of pace now though and considering going back to it. Been training like a bodybuilder for a little longer than I prefer. Thanks for the suggestion, gonna look some alternative methods up.

I have been doing Westside for 2 months now. Like you I was doing bodybuilding style workouts but for a long time and needed a change of pace. Also I was approached by a powerlifter at my gym he was like hey ever thought about doing a competition? I'm far from that but was like I will give it a go. So Westside was the first one I found. Brandon lilly is the founder of the cube method. Basically 1 heavy max lift day per week I believe. I'm also not interested in getting injured so I might give it a good look after a few months.

Westside is where it is at as far as I have seen and researched in the past. For my thoughts and needs at least. Not to mention Simmons has produced more champion lifters than any other strength coach on the planet.

It's hard to agree with the success of Mr Simmons that's for sure

Thanks ldog i appreciate it!

My post should have said argue not agree. Thanks auto correct lol

On behalf of PSL I would like to welcome you to ASF.

Back