• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Is Hawaii a shit hole?

theCaptn'

HIV+
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Aloha.

As per the thread title, or would you go there for a holiday?

It's called vacation, learn the language ya fucking Aussie.

Captn come to the east coast and I'll take it from there. Vacation solved.

Shit hole, no, but as good as it used to be no.

Like any poplar destination.......

Everyone started going there, it got commercialized, became over priced and know the locals struggle and have no choice but to try to capitalize on tourism. Now you cam find the same shitty trinkets like crossing the boarder inon Tijuana.

Dont get me wrong, it's beautiful and the resorts are over the top. But it has lost some of its identity and it is much harder to find those off the beaten path spots that used to exist.

It followed the same path as all popular hot spots that droves off people have over saturated, Cabo, Cancun, Jamaica, etc.....

LowT

Shit hole, no, but as good as it used to be no.

Like any poplar destination.......

Everyone started going there, it got commercialized, became over priced and know the locals struggle and have no choice but to try to capitalize on tourism. Now you cam find the same shitty trinkets like crossing the boarder inon Tijuana.

Dont get me wrong, it's beautiful and the resorts are over the top. But it has lost some of its identity and it is much harder to find those off the beaten path spots that used to exist.

It followed the same path as all popular hot spots that droves off people have over saturated, Cabo, Cancun, Jamaica, etc.....

LowT
This.

I love Hawaii. Stay away from the cutie centers and tourist traps. Napali coast on Kauai, north shore Oahu, and the Kona coast big island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
I got married on the island of Kauai, we love the place and go every year time permitting. Napali coast is awesome. Either hangout in Poipu on south side of Kauai or Princeville on north side.

Are there depressed areas? Yes, like any other place but harder to find than most island vacation places IMO. My suggestion is simple, do not go to those areas and you will love it.

I do not care for the big island and the big city scene, I have enough big city where I live and not really into it, which is why we like Kauai.

Lived there for 5 years, LOVE the place and would move back in a heartbeat.
Seems to me anywhere you go has a "bad part of town"
But Hawaii is what you make it, act like an arrogant tourist, they'll react accordingly. Don't and you may meet some of the nicest people you can imagine.
If Oahu, Turtle Bay on the North Shore is beautiful, right near Sunset and Waimea. The windward side of Oahu is gorgeous and much more low key, then there is Waikiki if you want to whoop it up and have some nightlife.
And Spam musubi isn't all that bad ;) spam on a slab of sticky rice wrapped in seaweed nom nom :roflmao:

Lived there for 5 years, LOVE the place and would move back in a heartbeat.
Seems to me anywhere you go has a "bad part of town"
But Hawaii is what you make it, act like an arrogant tourist, they'll react accordingly. Don't and you may meet some of the nicest people you can imagine.
If Oahu, Turtle Bay on the North Shore is beautiful, right near Sunset and Waimea. The windward side of Oahu is gorgeous and much more low key, then there is Waikiki if you want to whoop it up and have some nightlife.
And Spam musubi isn't all that bad ;) spam on a slab of sticky rice wrapped in seaweed nom nom :roflmao:

:winkfinger:

We were married in Kauai. .
There are chickens all over the place

We were married in Kauai. .
There are chickens all over the place
lolz, yup. wildwood new jersey, if you never been there is way more fun than any touristy destination I been to, plus if you have kids its much cheaper than a trip to disneyland

Its beautiful and the snorkeling was amazing until this big white fish came up and bit me. Haha

I would never go back though. The plane ride was brutal.

Cancun is cheaper and just as nice.

Get Shredded!
Its beautiful and the snorkeling was amazing until this big white fish came up and bit me. Haha

I would never go back though. The plane ride was brutal.

Cancun is cheaper and just as nice.

How long is the flight? I flew 11 hours from Moscow to NY last year. The fuckin tv's were broken, no wifi, I had a middle seat and my Podcasts didn't download. It was awful.

How long is the flight? I flew 11 hours from Moscow to NY last year. The fuckin tv's were broken, no wifi, I had a middle seat and my Podcasts didn't download. It was awful.
In general, from west coast 6 hours, more if you live in the north west.

10-12 from the east coast. Heavy is right, Yucatan Penninsula is just as good considering flight times. Depending on locations.

Still remember walking outside and smelling the burning of the Caine fields, walking and picking free pineapples or mangoes. Now we are out of both the sugar and pineapple industry, replaced by development, overcrowding and flea markets.

LowT

10-12 from the east coast. Heavy is right, Yucatan Penninsula is just as good considering flight times. Depending on locations.

Still remember walking outside and smelling the burning of the Caine fields, walking and picking free pineapples or mangoes. Now we are out of both the sugar and pineapple industry, replaced by development, overcrowding and flea markets.

LowT

No more pineapples? Fuck!

To far for me. Mexico,Bahamas Virgin isles. Much more my speed.

LOL, chickens are the state bird!

We got married at Ship Wreck Beach on the southside.

We have like 200 pics of chickens. .lol

We were married on poipu...mainly for incredible pics (sun for the time of day)

I got sunburnt to hell snorkeling...

Back