• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Why Is It So Hard For Modern Man To Commit To Fitness?

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I brought this topic up once a while back, so I felt like bring it back up again because it still bothers me on a daily basis!

It seems anymore that in today's world and way of life that modern men seem to lack the commitment or drive to stay health and fit.
I've taken noticed of young girls,teens,adults and even full time single mothers possessing an unwavering drive,dedication and commitment when it pertains to living a healthy lifestyle.. Take a gander around your gym and look at the ratio, now Im not talking about just attractive women, Im generally speaking about females period.. Ive noticed over the past 10-15 years women are involved with some sort of healthy activity, whether its walking,jogging,wogging, running with a baby stroller,biking,yoga,kick boxing the list goes on and on..
Yet,I notice more men looking over weight, looking 10-15 years older then their actual age, sitting at bars, and engaging in events that particularly have no fitness benefits?!

Now I know that advertisements,clothing,food and movies stars and such plays a huge factor on what women are told or think they should look like,giving women this false impression,effecting their self esteem and such, but still, the end result is they are more committed to achieve this compared to men!

Ive had great conversations with women of all sorts in regards to this, 95% told me that even if they lived on a deserted island that they would still be committed to fitness of some sorts, and live a healthy lifestyle if they could..

For myself, I'm a happily married family man that's proud of what I've achieved in life and my surroundings, now please dont take this as being vain, but I enjoy getting compliments from people, because its people like us that stand out,we are the minority.. Take notice when you walk into a store and people do double take at you, women smile and dudes give you a mean mug..At the same time, they are fat, or way out of shape..but yet some of these guys have a fit looking woman?!?!

My rant is, why? What has happened to the modern man? Look at pics of the old timers in their prime, and compared them to now, and do the same for women.. Men seemed more fit back when, and women were thicker, and now it seems to have reversed over time.

I just don't get it!

Old topic, same feeling.... :(

Your thoughts???

Only conculsion I can come to is because its easy Vision. Its easy to be a slob, its easy to eat junk food that taste better than chicken breast, broccoli and cottage cheese. Its easy to get home from work and spend the rest of the night on the couch, its easy to put off that physical labor that needs to be done out in the yard. Bottum line, its easy to be lazy. Like you said, we are the minority anymore. We dont mind going the extra yard to take care of ourselves and hit the weights. We dont mind going for a walk or run after eating our healthy meal. Its sad, really. because I know when we all get those stares from people out in public they are thinking "I wish I could look like him". What they dont understand is the could look like us... if they werent so lazy.

Entitled, pussy generation that doesn't want to work for anything. They want easy, and want it handed to then.

These out of shape Guys with the hot in shape women is probably why they do not workout or anything, they probably feel they don't have to, they already have a great looking women, but yes this is a very strange thing indeed.

But I fully agree with you on the smiles and flirts from the ladies and the men mugs from the dudes though, that shit is a blast! but at 6'2" and 245lbs nothing is ever said by the dudes lol.

Maybe it's Lower testosterone and higher stress levels these days effecting males?
Then leads to depression/anxiety fatigue poor motivation., I know personally it takes EVERY last bit of freaking will power I have JUST to drag my exhausted ass into the gym doors after 12 hour shift then as I'm lifting all I can think about is how much I suck and should just go home and sleep.
Can't wait till I get on some damn TEST

Only thing that keeps me dragging myself back is my son always talkin bout daddy got muscles. Makes me feel better let's me know I'm making progress

Last edited:
Maybe it's Lower testosterone and higher stress levels these days effecting males?
Then leads to depression/anxiety fatigue poor motivation., I know personally it takes EVERY last bit of freaking will power I have JUST to drag my exhausted ass into the gym doors after 12 hour shift then as I'm lifting all I can think about is how much I suck and should just go home and sleep.
Can't wait till I get on some damn TEST

I could be wrong but I don't think Test is going to help make you feel better, I work 10 hour days in an automotive assembly plant and I go the the Gym regularly long before I even started Test, I truly think you need to have the drive and intensity already before adding gear, I just had goals and mental images of what I AM going to make myself look like and this has done well for me, however I do think a very good pre-workout drink could help the not feeling tired though and give a little added boost, like I said I could be wrong but my drive and intensity has not changed a bit since starting Test, but my body certainly has changed!

I work with a lot of younger guys and they just dont have the drive.they ask questions about what i do and i tell them and they think I'm crazy.I'm not in that great of shape either.I'm very smooth right now.but my son who is 24 works at same place and he is the exception. The guys that work out are maybe 6 out of a few hundred that work there.some will start but end up quitting. I'm 52 and i help guys half my age when shit gets heavy.lol.i hardly ever see anyone who works out when i go to town or any were.not like it used to be thats for sure.

People just have every fucking excuse for being fat , soft, and lazy. I lost over 50lbs I have had tons of people ask me how and when I say I eat clean, weight foods, count calories, don't miss a workout or cardio session. I just get that look like ok well nevermind

People just have every fucking excuse for being fat , soft, and lazy. I lost over 50lbs I have had tons of people ask me how and when I say I eat clean, weight foods, count calories, don't miss a workout or cardio session. I just get that look like ok well nevermind

They want to know what pill you took.can't be all that work you did.

Exactly or what gear you use, people think you can use gear and stuff of the like and then poof, you look great, they just can't understand you STILL have to work your ass off and eat right and get sleep, these things irritate the hell out of me.

IML Gear Cream!
I could be wrong but I don't think Test is going to help make you feel better, I work 10 hour days in an automotive assembly plant and I go the the Gym regularly long before I even started Test, I truly think you need to have the drive and intensity already before adding gear, I just had goals and mental images of what I AM going to make myself look like and this has done well for me, however I do think a very good pre-workout drink could help the not feeling tired though and give a little added boost, like I said I could be wrong but my drive and intensity has not changed a bit since starting Test, but my body certainly has changed!

Ya idk, but the drive is there or I would've quit long ago. Got lots of friends that will watch my progress then join me at gym only to quit in a month and these dudes have MORE energy than me. They just put it toward other shit I guess and I already have appointment for tomorrow morning to get blood panel done just to see where I'm at on things before starting cycle., I mean hell if I still feel crappy on test so be it but sure would be nice to get sex drive back at least. Guess there's first time for everything can't hurt to just try

Ya idk, but the drive is there or I would've quit long ago. Got lots of friends that will watch my progress then join me at gym only to quit in a month and these dudes have MORE energy than me. They just put it toward other shit I guess and I already have appointment for tomorrow morning to get blood panel done just to see where I'm at on things before starting cycle., I mean hell if I still feel crappy on test so be it but sure would be nice to get sex drive back at least. Guess there's first time for everything can't hurt to just try

Well good luck Bro and I hope it all works out for you for sure, you seem to be like me, that we are both new round these parts lol, but learning new shit every day!

God funny thing was my test levels were low when I just checked before started trt. I had already lost all that weight. Got super vascular arms and everyone like bro hook me up. Hate people think gear is the answer. Hard work is the answer gear just takes hard workers to another level.

I personally think it's because most American people have an unrealistic idea of what type of life they should live. So since they spend more than they make you add stress, work hours and everything else and you just get lazy.

Just my opinion though. Life's about balance and how to balance everything. Guys suck at multitasking a lot of times.

I have a couple opinions.

First, technological advances make it easy to be sedentary.
We can use technology for entertainment, to shop, to interact with our friends without ever getting off our asses.
We don't even have to go out to meet women/men anymore.
No need to go to the grocery store, library, mall, etc.
We have access to music, videos, tv shows, movies, etc. all on our phones and tablets....so we can be lazy no matter where we are.
So many of our jobs are either technology based or can be done from anywhere that less and less of the workforce has to actually get off their asses even at work.

Don't get me wrong I would be lost without my phone, but maybe without it I would be forced to actually go outside and interact with people and ultimately be less sedentary.

Second thought, It is expensive to be healthy.
Healthier food costs more.
We've been led to believe that to be healthy you have to buy this supplement, or this vitamin, or take this mineral.
You must join a gym, have a personal trainer, buy this video, pay a nutitionist, etc $$$$$$$

Now as to why women more then men seem to be health conscience nowadays.....well that's just because they are smarter than we are......or because they are even more vain than we thought they were.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Lazy plain and simple. We are the minority's of men.

I'm probably the age group your talking about, along with bohner.. It's killing me to see all my friends become fat.. I went to a housewarming party for my childhood best friend and I was the only one there in shape, there was one guy who was skinny everyone else had beer bellys. It was a pool party and me and 2 other people got in the pool. And of course everyone grilling for walking around without a shirt.. lol the worst thing is.. I ate more than everyone. I don't drink but I promise I ate twice as much as everyone and then I'm sure people were looking at me like, lucky guy with fast metabolism.

For me I love the gym. Would love to try to compete on day in a show. It's just hard. Most people say you can make it work but not in every instance. 2 kids 2 moms. I work days girl works nights 4-5 days a week. No time because it's work then watching my daughter so we can save on daycare. Driving over a hour away on weekends to get my son so I could see get him for the weekend.

I feel like its a lack of focus and commitment and internal drive as a whole

Get Shredded!

This exactly. Everyone wants the easy way. A pill to do the work for them. Or someone else to baby sit them and tend to the every whimsical need. Ive had some life changing events many times over. Sometimes shit happens and it knocks you down and beats the shit out of you, but do you stay there . Do you allow yourself to lay in the mud and muck for everyone to trample on. You have to get up and fight back. Take control of your life. Knowone is gonna workout for you, or make all your meals for you, or get up you up at 5 am because that is gym time. Knowone today holds themselves accountable. This generation is lazy and thinks they are entitled to whatever they want. They believe they are owed something. I have to live the life of a ring master in the circus in order to do what i have to. I do not undestand todays generation.

"A pill to make you numb , a pill to make you dumb , a pill to make you anybody else "
Marilyn Manson

This is a true statement!

if you think about, its spot on

only magic pill is DNP, but in all honesty were human and tend to get lazy as we get older lack of energy, foods, society.

At the end of the day commitment is key with everything in life.

only magic pill is DNP, but in all honesty were human and tend to get lazy as we get older lack of energy, foods, society.

At the end of the day commitment is key with everything in life.

Why use DNP when there's tren? fuck DNP

pretty simple . todays average man is nowhere as tough as they used to be ..
back in the day maybe you suffered in silence , but you manned the fuck up none the less

back in the day maybe you suffered in silence , but you manned the fuck up none the less
I couldn't have said it any better

I just had this talk with my wife today..

we were walking out of walmart with my son, cart full enjoying ourselves, and a pimped out thug ride comes by BLASTING his radio.. mind you, there is families all over, its a new super walmart, sharp place, no need for that kinda crap..So I yelled "turn your radio down"...my wife gasp and was flabbergasted acting like Im some hot head asshole.. I grilled her once we got in the car... I refuse to be some sensitive cunt, I'll speak my mind out-loud in public if need be, I wont be some soft puss that society molding today.. the truth of it all is, NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS, so why should I go out of my fucking way to care about someone else especially if their blasting rap directly in-front of the store front.. Im sick of people molding and folding, cant say this or that, hush hush and behave.. Fuck that shit! My gramps would have said worst to those bump'n thugs.... all I did was say "turn your radio down"...HOLY FUCKING HELL LETS ALL LOSE OUR MINDS, cant say that in public of speak out...

And the kick of it all.. I dont have an attitude, I'm quite as fuck.. I just spoke my mind like a MAN!

I've been with my wife since longer than alot of you even been alive... 32 years.
I have no problem with guys looking at my wife.. as well as they should.. she's fine in my eyes..
Normalll when we walk together, they don't make it obvious. And they look at me and normaaly.. it's a "What's up dude" .
They can even comment on her to me as long as it's not disrespectful. . I know who she's going home with and I'm proud of her.

But if you fuck up, then you and I are going to have words at the very lease.

I just had this talk with my wife today..

we were walking out of walmart with my son, cart full enjoying ourselves, and a pimped out thug ride comes by BLASTING his radio.. mind you, there is families all over, its a new super walmart, sharp place, no need for that kinda crap..So I yelled "turn your radio down"...my wife gasp and was flabbergasted acting like Im some hot head asshole.. I grilled her once we got in the car... I refuse to be some sensitive cunt, I'll speak my mind out-loud in public if need be, I wont be some soft puss that society molding today.. the truth of it all is, NO ONE FUCKING CARES ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS, so why should I go out of my fucking way to care about someone else especially if their blasting rap directly in-front of the store front.. Im sick of people molding and folding, cant say this or that, hush hush and behave.. Fuck that shit! My gramps would have said worst to those bump'n thugs.... all I did was say "turn your radio down"...HOLY FUCKING HELL LETS ALL LOSE OUR MINDS, cant say that in public of speak out...

And the kick of it all.. I dont have an attitude, I'm quite as fuck.. I just spoke my mind like a MAN!

honesty man i would have done the same thing, but i have had to learn a lil self control. last time i shot my mouth off dude ran to his truck and pulled a 357 on me.
that was prob a lil over a year ago. since then i try and stay calm cause it aint worth it.

what used to flip my switch is when someone would honk the horn at me soon as thelight would change.. now if i'm just sitting there a lil honk cause i didnt see the light change is ok.. but these fuckers where i live are always in such a rush and lay on the horn while the light is still fucking red.. i cant count how many times ive jumped out of my car in the middle of street. then the dude jumps out of his car, then i pull my shirt off and go wtf you gonna do lil man..
then they get back in the car.. lol.. i know how mature am i right?

Back