• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Anyone make over 200k? Value of mba or masters advice

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So my niece now has a bachelors; it cost me 10,500 and took a week to get here. Fully accredited, it's in business with a concentration in management. Checked her degree through the scholastic online verification system.

She's quite intelligent; and she just saved herself 40k in college and four years of her life by getting her bachelors quickly.

My question is; do any of you have a masters and if so did it make an appreciable difference in your salary? I have one, but my job(s) don't really care much about my degree at all.

By the way, if any of you don't have your degree yet i highly recommend getting it if you are making 60 or less; the piece of mind is huge.

Truly Blessed.

i make that kind of money with a high school education.
but i'm good at what i do

i make that kind of money with a high school education.
but i'm good at what i do

I have lots of friends who make good money without a degree. Oil is a good industry to get into.

For example, a friend of mine started in a warehouse unloading luggage of other workers in the oil field, something like 17$/hr while working 18 hour days, 3-4 weeks at a time. He was 19 years old.

Kid is 26 now and makes over 100k in a new position. Now that's partly because over time and because he got a raise.

My point is, you can make good money without a degree and I know tons of people with useless degrees in arts and shit like that that work at hotels.

My advice: don't go to school for photography or theatre (or you'll end up in LA or New York living in a shitty apartment and 5 roommates busing tables paying off that 60k loan you took out)

So my niece now has a bachelors; it cost me 10,500 and took a week to get here. Fully accredited, it's in business with a concentration in management. Checked her degree through the scholastic online verification system.

She's quite intelligent; and she just saved herself 40k in college and four years of her life by getting her bachelors quickly.

My question is; do any of you have a masters and if so did it make an appreciable difference in your salary? I have one, but my job(s) don't really care much about my degree at all.

By the way, if any of you don't have your degree yet i highly recommend getting it if you are making 60 or less; the piece of mind is huge.

Truly Blessed.

And to answer OP, I'll never make over 200k, not on medicine, not unless I go to school for interventional radiology (nope) or some doctorate. I could open up a clinic with an NP degree... :hmm:

I have lots of friends who make good money without a degree. Oil is a good industry to get into.

For example, a friend of mine started in a warehouse unloading luggage of other workers in the oil field, something like 17$/hr while working 18 hour days, 3-4 weeks at a time. He was 19 years old.

Kid is 26 now and makes over 100k in a new position. Now that's partly because over time and because he got a raise.

My point is, you can make good money without a degree and I know tons of people with useless degrees in arts and shit like that that work at hotels.

My advice: don't go to school for photography or theatre (or you'll end up in LA or New York living in a shitty apartment and 5 roommates busing tables paying off that 60k loan you took out)

yes i agree its all about what you do. i;m not against getting a masters or whatever if you are really going to use it.
plenty of people with lots spent on degrees that earn average money.
my boss has a ged and he makes 10 x more than me. so a lil over 2 mil a year. and i'm talking about money you actually pay
income tax on. in American you dont need a degree to earn good money . but you do need to be good at whatever it is you do
and hustle your ass off doing it . and a lil common sense goes a long way

And to answer OP, I'll never make over 200k, not on medicine, not unless I go to school for interventional radiology (nope) or some doctorate. I could open up a clinic with an NP degree... :hmm:

yes of course you can open a clinic just use someone with the credentials on paper and you run it

Imo not worth it. The only point of higher degrees Is if you wanna get into a specialized field and it's required. Hard work and being good at what you do is how you make good money.

It looks good on paper and might open more doors but it won't guarantee you keep that job. I don't make that amount but I'm 1 of 7 ppl in my state who do what I do other than govt employees and my degree is nowhere near this field

yes of course you can open a clinic just use someone with the credentials on paper and you run it

I could easily help open a clinic here. It's my dream. Maybe in ten years..

I never went to college but make decent money (6 figures, but not 200K). Ive worked in IT as a Network/Security engineer for 20 years now.
On the flip side, I have 2 kids in college at once, and I'm paying out the ass for their 2 degrees, hopefully it pays off for them some day and they make decent money.
(Both majors in Psychology)...

So degree's aren't needed a lot of the times, but I'm glad to pay for their education to give them a start in life I guess...

A heads up, If you do have young kids, get into some sort of savings program for college early (Fidelity 401K college fund or similar), we did early on and will never need loans because of that and also by putting my yearly bonus away every year into a private college fund for them.

Early planning, and smart saving will help you in the future... (From these rip off college tuition's).

Lot of variables. What school you get the degree from and in what. Also connections you make in school can be very valuable later in your career. I know people who have their masters and make 50k and I know people who started their own business that do a few million in sales a year. Deification and a little luck plays a major role as well imo.

I never went to college but make decent money (6 figures, but not 200K). Ive worked in IT as a Network/Security engineer for 20 years now.
On the flip side, I have 2 kids in college at once, and I'm paying out the ass for their 2 degrees, hopefully it pays off for them some day and they make decent money.
(Both majors in Psychology)...

So degree's aren't needed a lot of the times, but I'm glad to pay for their education to give them a start in life I guess...

A heads up, If you do have young kids, get into some sort of savings program for college early (Fidelity 401K college fund or similar), we did early on and will never need loans because of that and also by putting my yearly bonus away every year into a private college fund for them.

Early planning, and smart saving will help you in the future... (From these rip off college tuition's).

Psych is good if they grab a master and specialize, even then it's hard, but not impossible. They can work in a clinical setting and/or work for the state. That's where the money is

In before all the posters that make six figures but buy bottom of the barrel bargain gear.

I have several post graduate degrees, and make good money ss a result, but i am in a field that requires one post grad degree to start with and encourages at least one other to 'grt anywhere'. As others have posted, it is all about your profession/specialty.

I have a double Masters degree in pyschology and my MBA. I am in sales and my best year was just a little of 400k and my worst sales year was when I was finishing undergrade at 20k. Does having a MBA make you money? Not necessarily it depends on what type of path you choose in life. It may open doors for you that wouldn't have opened without those credentials. However, the direct correlation of making money with a Masters degree may not be there. With that being said, it is a personal issue that one has to make based on what type of path they choose in life.

At the moment, I don't believe my Masters is helping me out because I am not going up a corporate ladder as I am self employed. I think more so than degree credentials it comes down to other events that shape your economic situation. More importantly those being timing, luck and sheer self determination. For instance, my father is wealthy and he came to this country with less than a dollar in his pocket with NO education. He is in real estate and makes millions without any degree. Hard work and more hard work. I guess that is one of the reasons why I got my degrees because my father always said that its better to have a degree than not and regardless nobody can take that away from you. I believe its a personal choice that one has to make and it shouldn't come down to just making money from it.

I agree, there are industries that pay very well with little to no education. I come from power generation and it pays very well. If you choose to go to school you're looking at an associate's in either water technologies or power plant technologies...and it's well below 10k.

I have to get a doctorate to be a standalone physical therapist so i can eventually run my own practice, but the degree is a must have in that field.

On the contrary, my dad only went to votec with no college and makes ~140k/yr in construction

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

the rich love a good bargain lol

Its not how much you make its how much you save. I know so many people that make a lot of money, but are broke.

Rich people are frugal or cheap?? Everyone says how cheap they are. I think some of them are but a lot of them are smart and frugal... Thats how they became rich. You don't become rich by spending stupidly.

IMO...your born with it...or your not.!!! = ( The ABILITY TO USE YOUR GOD GIVEN TALENTS TO TAKE ANY CAREER TO THE EXTREME PERIOD.!!!) I have seen friends/acquaintances 10yrs or more outta high school bragging about this degree and that degree...some are Dr.s by now...and not only paying off mad student loans still...but ABSOLUTELY TOTALLY HATING thier careers and what they do on a daily basis..they have a hard time with relationships and some with parenting., some suffering from anxiety and depression...IMHO to.live a happy life is finding your personal EVEN KEEL that allows you to make enough money to do what you want so u can enjoy life hobby wise..,,vacations...gear abuse., shopping., good dining..etc.......my personal best advice is NOT to seek your higher education directly out of high school.!!! Our brains are still growing...we are still figuring out what we wanna be/do with ourselves.., maybe take some pre-reqs if your absolutely sure u will continue education. Otherwise let your brain grow into its "adult mind" Best advice I could say is obviously get your HS Education then figure out your "niche" in life...as many of these guys mentioned you do NOT need all these degrees you may never use...find what you as an individual are very good at naturally and exploit that...look at the big picture of what that career is and you will NATURALLY SUCCEED at it .!!! Don't over extend your budget.., always keep a little savings for emergency...invest in low risk CD's.Mutual Funds..etc...if your a gambler and can afford than crush the stock market and live on "Hope's" of hitting it big...or lose it all and jump out your office window cuz you just ruined your entire future as well as your famalies...some would say I live a "frugal" lifestyle cuz I like comfy cloths...I rock Nike dri-fits in the gym or the grocery store...dri'fit pants and very comfy NIke shorts and nice looking sweats year round...when me and fiance wanna go fine dining I don't need an Armani suit...fuck...I toss on some Rock Revivals and a badass comfy Affliction Tee....if a funeral or wedding..etc..calls for a nice suit then I wear one...point is...live life comfy from your cloths to family time., but stressing out.on these absurd degrees you most likely will never need is about as good as the plaque as a 16yr old I have for pitching my first "NO Hitter" in baseball...just hangs out as in the armour cabinet cuz I never made it to MLB... find your EVEN KEEL.!!! Thats the key to HAPPINESS in life...not the amount of degrees...and how many 0's are in your account.. Just as an FYI I do have a Bachelor's...and fiance is a Nurse...no need to toss around figures but we live comfy and also live within our means...and not trying to keep "keep up with the Jone's"...figure out what you want as a carrer...give it hell...and let the dollars come to.you.!!!!

Get Shredded!
Its not how much you make its how much you save. I know so many people that make a lot of money, but are broke.

yep, thats why i trimmed my lifestyle way back when it comes to material shit and keeping up with the Jones's .
we call that nigger rich where i come from. homeys will put 10k rims on a 5k car

i have a long time friend who has a GED,,,,he paid $355,000 in taxes last year...and yes he has a accounting firm he uses...some people just have a knack for making things turn to gold..

Totally depends on the field. Can you work in a corporate setting? I can't and if I could I wouldn't. I realized a long time ago that a bachelor's degree was useless for me. My wife however has been at a company for 12 years and they won't promote her further without a bachelors so she's working on that. For my daughter's mom a masters is the minimum degree to start making even decent money so that's what she has. I'll make more than either of them by 3-4x but I run my own company I started with my own savings and I've been working my ass off nonstop for going on 5 months. First year I barely managed to pay the bills, year 2 I'll make north of $200k.

If you really want to be in a particular field or are basically stuck in a field where degrees matter or are required is where degrees begin to be worth the price tag.

I would like to take some classes that interest me but just because I enjoy learning those things.

Op
U got lots of bloods flowing
They are all right
Put it all together and make ur descion

Fuck paying retail.

i agree. as long as the quality is there. but i will admit i will always pay extra for convenience. as well as great service.
i always tip well as long as the service is there. even if the food sucked thats not the waiters fault

i agree. as long as the quality is there. but i will admit i will always pay extra for convenience. as well as great service.
i always tip well as long as the service is there. even if the food sucked thats not the waiters fault
Tipping is a matter of principle. Buying in at the right volume and price point is just good business (and why I have way too many bottles of tbol and halo in my stash lol).

Tipping is a matter of principle. Buying in at the right volume and price point is just good business (and why I have way too many bottles of tbol and halo in my stash lol).

i hear that, i got more shit than i can use in a few years lol

yep, thats why i trimmed my lifestyle way back when it comes to material shit and keeping up with the Jones's .
we call that nigger rich where i come from. homeys will put 10k rims on a 5k car
AMEN.!!! I'm not racist at all...but when I'm in the city I see niggers collecting food stamps...welfare...and ridin around in a 79 Caprice Classic with 24" inch rims screaming hey I'm a drug dealer then claim racism when they get knocked by the PoPo., they can suck my CAWK ...the niggaz probably pushin 50$ grams...movin oz.'s not Ki.'z..but hey that "Guy in the rap video Mr.Jones"...has these rims...fuck that nigger rich shit(BTW we also call that nigger rich where I'm from bro)...that just shows me the character of that nigger or the white dude and he ain't NEVER had REAL $0's in his entire life.!!! I lived in Humboldt County California "707". for over 6yrs...made more cash money than I knew what to do with...and that's no BULLSHIT....that was back b4 Washington and Colorado ruined our market value due to legalization...and I definitely still rocked my Nike cloths...motherfuckers making 10x the money I was., they rolled out to 5star restaurants in brand new Carharrt Jeans and a flannel., they had already made their mill's and turned it into legal money...and legit buisiness's...if u know Humboldt you know EXACTLY what I'm speaking of.!!! Some of these motherfuckers were missing front teeth and looked like they crawled out of a trash can.!! But they have assets and yearly income that knocks the socks off these dude's with BA's..Masters...Doctorate's...etc..damn I'm on a rant tonight...comin off that 30ml jug of Morphine Sulfate ain't no fun...fuck..lolz..To BC13.= im so glad to see that im not the only one that doesn't worry about "Keeping up with the Jone's". I'm worried about keeping up with MY happiness in life that includes family...career...and close friends...and this forum.!!! Joking bout the forum..lolz..think this is the most I've opened up on this forum..lolz..
MONEY DOES NOT BUY HAPPINESS = I know you all heard that well it's 100% SPOT ON
Money helps but the head must be wrapped tight at whatever career we choose.!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back