• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Grand rapids?

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Wife got a great offer for a job in grand rapids. Anyone live there or near there? Can you give me some feedback ? Thanks guys.

Are you a NoCal native? Because if you are you may not like Michigan.

Maybe there is a reason why they are willing to make a great offer, not many takers

A very depressed state as in bad economy. Not Sure about Grand Rapids but my wife has traveled there for business a few times and hates Michigan.

But it's personal preference, you might like it

It's a six figure job so we would both do well in that economy.

I'm in the Sierra's now, winters 17 summers 105. I hate the heat! Who knows a vaca to looks around might be coming.

Im about 2 hours from Grand Rapids....honestly that part of Michigan theres not much in terms of fun...The south east part of Michigan is were all the "fun" is...If your not use to the weather get ready for some fucked up shit lol...one day it can be 80 degrees and the next day snow im not even shittin you. On the bright side your about a half hour away fro Lake Michigan so you can have some fun out there

Theres also an Amusment Park less than an Hour from you....but everyone in Michigan just goes To Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio which every year is voted the best amusment park in the world so if youve never been at least you will be closer now to try it.

I hear alot of unsavory things about Gunru (that's what they call grand rapids) Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Fuck grand rapids. Craziest cunt I ever knew was from there.

Its not as bad as people are making it seem here. It just depends on what your hobbies and intreasts are. Michigan has a lot of recreational activies to enjoy and there many beautiful places in Michigan. If you like hunting, fishing, off roading, dirt biking.... etc. Its a great place to be.

Weather is awful though and the economy is in the dump. But if its a 6 figure job, you'll be at the top end of that.

IML Gear Cream!
It's Michigan. You'll be able to buy whichever gun your little tranny heart desires. Unless you have a felony conviction.

Wife got a great offer for a job in grand rapids. Anyone live there or near there? Can you give me some feedback ? Thanks guys.
My daughter goes to Grand Valley , downtown is very clean and diverse , VERY low crime rate is what I was told ? Looks very clean . Lived in Michigan my whole life , nothing better than summer in Michigan , winters blow .

Fuck grand rapids, it's where floyd mayweather is from, so it has to be gay

There's no issue with economically downturned areas when you are making the wages you state. You'll get into a ridiculously nice place, in a neighborhood that has always been upscale so crime wont be an issue. And then once Trump comes in and makes everything beautiful again you will be sitting on an exponentially more valuable estate.

I live in a podunk ass backwoods town in Idaho and love every season of it. As long as you can find stuff to do outdoors you are set.

I lived in northern michigan for 17 years loved it. Now i live in the south and hate it... too many niggers

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Spring and Fall in MI are awesome -- alive and gorgeous.

Summer is a swelter, nothing "dry" about that heat. Make sure your AC is in good shape.

Winter sucks. Not necessarily a ton of snow but it never fully melts due to constant overcast and rare sun (a huge difference with, say, Colorado) but it hovers around the freezing point meaning that the snow will melt a little into slush and then refreeze at night. The result is frozen ice slicks and chunks everywhere, or more slush, ice-mud, etc. And it doesn't end till April. Commuting in winter is crap. And it's not helped by being in the far western border of the eastern time zone, so going to work in the frozen ice chunk wasteland mornings may also be in the dark.

A lot of that applies to anyone living in the northeast or upper midwest though. You're gonna miss the Sierras I guarantee it... :/ But money can solve a lot of problems.

I lived in northern michigan for 17 years loved it. Now i live in the south and hate it... too many niggers

Dude , you thank that is funny ? I am sure there are black dudes on this forum , let's grow up a little

I wasnt aware that the word nigger described all black people.

lol this is ASF i dont think anyone gets offended here....also ya Fall its beautiful here and like ChocolateMan said up there winter sucks its not the snow thats bad but the slush and the refreezing of that slush

To bottom line it, home is where you are happy :)

I think a decision like this is very indiviualistic.

Get Shredded!

sizzle-album-racism-533130054226956288-Twitter.png

if your into boarded up windows and getting shot at youll dig the place.

But for real even for six figures idk if its worth it man its a pretty hefty shit sandwich of a place

LMAOOO BBC gonna get u man, stay away from the bushes, they'll find ya ass raped and pants down around ur ankles, u been warned!

Well we decided to stay where we're at. Thanks for all the input guys.

4505ae5aedd718874febc4f2bce39b64.jpg
Good bro, I'd hate to see this happen to you!

Well we decided to stay where we're at. Thanks for all the input guys.

I sure hope this thread wasnt the reason you guys made your choice not to move......Grand Rapids is like any other city in all honesty...its no better or nor worse than your basic ass town....you asked this question in the pit so the answers you got were pit answers lol.......thers nothing special about Grand Rapids but at the same time its no Ghetto of Detroit or Chicago either.

Back