PDA

View Full Version : Var and lactation

Lokthan
07-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Hey so my wife isnt breastfeeding anymore, but still lactating after 2 weeks of no breastfeeding. Should she wait to start her cycle until her breasts stop lactating to get the absolute most from the var or would it even make a difference is she started now?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

GearGoddess
07-27-2016, 07:35 AM
Hey so my wife isnt breastfeeding anymore, but still lactating after 2 weeks of no breastfeeding. Should she wait to start her cycle until her breasts stop lactating to get the absolute most from the var or would it even make a difference is she started now?

Is there a reason why she's wanting to start var so soon?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lokthan
07-27-2016, 07:40 AM
Is there a reason why she's wanting to start var so soon?

Shes been wanting to do it for a long time now, and has been religiously training and dieting with me for a gokd while now.

GearGoddess
07-27-2016, 08:09 AM
Shes been wanting to do it for a long time now, and has been religiously training and dieting with me for a gokd while now.

What are her stats and goals? And how is her diet and training?

Lokthan
07-27-2016, 08:13 AM
Post baby shes 5'8 150. Goal is to cut down as much as possible mainly because she has excess skin from a previous child and wants to get as lean as possible so she can see what is skin and what was fat so she can eventually get surgery(touchy subject).

Her training is essentially push pull legs with emphasis on cardio and abs. She trains with me, as well as she does fasted cardio 5 days a week in the morning.

Diet is very clean in our house. She eats most all carbs in the morning with primarily chicken/ veggies throughout the day and then she has a light dinner with me which i usually only eat 8oz beef.

No soda or bs like that.

Lokthan
07-27-2016, 08:14 AM
Been training like this for roughly 3 years and the previous 6 years was primarily intense cardio due to her job

GearGoddess
07-28-2016, 08:03 AM
Post baby shes 5'8 150. Goal is to cut down as much as possible mainly because she has excess skin from a previous child and wants to get as lean as possible so she can see what is skin and what was fat so she can eventually get surgery(touchy subject).

Her training is essentially push pull legs with emphasis on cardio and abs. She trains with me, as well as she does fasted cardio 5 days a week in the morning.

Diet is very clean in our house. She eats most all carbs in the morning with primarily chicken/ veggies throughout the day and then she has a light dinner with me which i usually only eat 8oz beef.

No soda or bs like that.

To be perfectly honest with you, I would hold off. Let her body bounce back with her hormones first rather than altering them any further.

Second, introducing aas as she's anxious to start, they are not going to be her weight/fat loss tool. Just like they won't help with excess skin but actually make it worse.

I would suggest she wait. Continue her diet, increase the weight training intensity, continue with her fasted cardio. That will be the better route for time being.

If she's really determined to incorporate some sort of supplement, and she won't be breast feeding any more, use the good old ECA stack. This will get her fat burning, energy and give her a good base to start the var later. Leave the var out till her body returns to normal... regular menstrual cycles, no more lactation, and closer to her goal weight and bf%
Any idea what her bf% is at now?