• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Understanding Lab Results

JackP

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm 27 and have I've received back blood test results for testosterone which I'm having trouble understanding:

Plasma Testosterone Level: 11
Albumin Testosterone Level: 45
Sex Hormone Globulin: 23
Free Testosterone: 0.260

Apparently, these results are classified as normal, but from the very quick research I've done it would suggest that the free T level is that of a guy in his early 60's - am I interpreting this correctly or are those blood results normal?

Post a pic of bloodwork. So we can see everything

The figures in brackets is the guide range. Apparently your free T level has to be lower than that of a 70yr old before it's considered an issue...

Can't see the picture. Yeah hrt is new in some places and some doctors don't want anything to do with it.

Still can't see it. Preview too small, linked image not rendering.

BTW it's extremely common to have docs consider abysmal T levels to be "within range" on their warped reference ranges with no thought for age or percentile, as you've noticed. You may need to doc-shop in a big way, or otherwise do a self-treatment.

Still can't see it. Preview too small, linked image not rendering.

BTW it's extremely common to have docs consider abysmal T levels to be "within range" on their warped reference ranges with no thought for age or percentile, as you've noticed. You may need to doc-shop in a big way, or otherwise do a self-treatment.

DSC_0821_zpsl2uzukbs.jpg

I was told that having the free T level of a 60 yr old was normal and that low testosterone was good for me because "more testosterone would make [me] more aggressive" and that the solution to having low (but normal at the same time) testosterone is to "play group sports". I think I'll struggle to have a doctor utter anything more ridiculous than that.

With regard to self medication, where would be the best place to start looking into this?

I'm 27 and have I've received back blood test results for testosterone which I'm having trouble understanding:

Plasma Testosterone Level: 11
Albumin Testosterone Level: 45
Sex Hormone Globulin: 23
Free Testosterone: 0.260

Apparently, these results are classified as normal, but from the very quick research I've done it would suggest that the free T level is that of a guy in his early 60's - am I interpreting this correctly or are those blood results normal?

its also called bioavailable testosterone marker.....testosterone binds in some fashion to albmuin and shbg(sex hormone globulin in the blood....its binding to shbg is faiirly strong and shbg is the transporter for test as it makes it travel...Albumin is a protein and the binding effect to it is much less..so part of whats bound to Albumin will become unbound in a free state....

the test you got is the latest version to get a better grasp of sex hormone levels...

i'm going to assume the OP is one 100mg every 2 or 3 weeks of Testosterone Cypionate??

11.1 nmol/L is equal to 321 ng/dl . Normal range shown is 10nmol/L to 27nmol/L, which is 288-780ng/dl. Most doctors wouldn't consider 321ng/dl low, but we all know it should be closer to 600ng/dl for TRT.

Free testosterone is 2.36% of total.

Interesting to note given these parameters the bioavailable testosterone is 57.5%.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
I was told that having the free T level of a 60 yr old was normal and that low testosterone was good for me because "more testosterone would make [me] more aggressive" and that the solution to having low (but normal at the same time) testosterone is to "play group sports". I think I'll struggle to have a doctor utter anything more ridiculous than that.

With regard to self medication, where would be the best place to start looking into this?

But... waitaminnit... won't playing group sports cause testosterone to rise and make you more aggressive? The doc's advice is self-contradictory. In any case we can't have any sort of aggression here. Avoid sports. And talking to women, and sex, and for godsakes don't eat any mushrooms since the AI effect might make you aggressive. We'll all be a lot happier if you stay weak and meek, eh?

As far as going your own treatment route, depends on where you live and what risks you want to take. There are good sponsors right on this forum, just do some research and figure out who the level-headed experienced vets are using, not the fresh noobs who continually make unwise buying decisions and feed the drama threads here. Just IMO.

Since you're starting out completely fresh, give AI or SERM therapy a look. You might solve your whole problem with one relatively benign med -- clomid, aromasin, arimidex, letrozole... a few possibilities. Here's one article with study links, tutorials, etc, but be sure to do your own research:

http://jeffreydach.com/clomid-for-low-testosterone-part-one/

At such a dose, would that have to be cycled or could be constant?

200mg.a week or less is within FDA approved dosing guidelines...anything over 200mg ew is considered Supraphysiological in nature...

Back