• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Not sore after leg day anymore...

T

tone

Get Shredded!
Changed my routine up about 3 months ago.. it's fukin brutal. Here lately no matter how hard I hit them.. the fukers won't give me DOMS the next day.

I miss that feeling... haha!

Anyone else not get sore anymore?

I had this happen so I skipped a few heavy leg days probably about 2 wks worth and the soreness returned and hasnt left.

did you change rep range?
do you do 50 rep sets ever ?

DOMS means nothing. Your body adapts. If anything, if you're constantly feeling DOMS, you're recovery is off. It should not be a feeling to look forward to. If I hit a hard ass day and I woke up feeling refreshed the next, I know my sleeping and eating is where it needs to be. It is incredibly rare for me to experience soreness in the muscles. My tendons are what hold me back.

Titan.. thanks for the info. My diet and sleeping have been superb.. my recovery must be great then. I'm sure this EQ is helping as well ;)

BC what's the point in doing 50 rep sets?

DOMS means nothing. Your body adapts. If anything, if you're constantly feeling DOMS, you're recovery is off. It should not be a feeling to look forward to. If I hit a hard ass day and I woke up feeling refreshed the next, I know my sleeping and eating is where it needs to be. It is incredibly rare for me to experience soreness in the muscles. My tendons are what hold me back.
Ive always respected your thought but this I have to disagree yeah you shouldn't feel constant pain but soreness is a different story. You don't want your body to adapt that's the point of muscle confusion. If your body adapts especially your large muscle groups that would affect your gains. This is the reason runners don't have legs the size of trees because there body adapts. I'm not saying crippling soreness every time you lift but you should experience delayed onset muscle soreness more often than not in my opinion.

This would also be based off one persons goals.

Last edited:
Ive always respected your thought but this I have to disagree yeah you shouldn't feel constant pain but soreness is a different story. You don't want your body to adapt that's the point of muscle confusion. If your body adapts especially your large muscle groups that would affect your gains. This is the reason runners don't have legs the size of trees because there body adapts. I'm not saying crippling soreness every time you lift but you should experience delayed onset muscle soreness more often than not in my opinion.

This would also be based off one persons goals.

Runners don't have big legs because running as much as they do is catabolic. However, look at sprinters. The story is different there.

Some soreness is to be expected. But if it's too the point you're struggling to walk, something is off.

Muscle confusion is a highly "confused" subject. Many think it's about merely changing up a different variation of a curl. That isn't correct nor is any science backing that claim (That I've seen).

However science does back the claim of training at different intensities to hit the different types of muscle fibers. I.E Bodybuilding VS Powerlifting training styles.

Which is why "Power-Building" is a very effecting training style. Some fibers respond better to slow controlled movements. Some better to explosive, powerful movements.

It doesn't matter what angle, intensity, or volume I train my back at, it never gets even the slightest bit sore. Yet, I have a thick back. And it's always been that way.

Your red blood cell count, sleep, and nutrition play a huge roll in DOMS.

I will go as far to say that too much DOMS means you're body is experiencing chronic inflammation. Which can mean a number of bad things.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12453160

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19149749

Titan.. thanks for the info. My diet and sleeping have been superb.. my recovery must be great then. I'm sure this EQ is helping as well ;)

activate diff fibers. do some 20 rep sets of squats and some 50 rep
leg extension. I promise you will be a cripple a day or 2 after.
very few bodybuilders do heavy low rep sets. no matter what you see in videos.

activate diff fibers. do some 20 rep sets of squats and some 50 rep
leg extension. I promise you will be a cripple a day or 2 after.
very few bodybuilders do heavy low rep sets. no matter what you see in videos.

I don't know. I've never seen an IFBB pro training log that didn't implement some sort of heavy training.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19258658

In short, your body starts producing new capillaries. Which decreases recovery time, longer time for lactic acid to build up/faster removal and just overall better endurance with the weights.

IML Gear Cream!
Runners don't have big legs because running as much as they do is catabolic. However, look at sprinters. The story is different there.

Some soreness is to be expected. But if it's too the point you're struggling to walk, something is off.

Muscle confusion is a highly "confused" subject. Many think it's about merely changing up a different variation of a curl. That isn't correct nor is any science backing that claim (That I've seen).

However science does back the claim of training at different intensities to hit the different types of muscle fibers. I.E Bodybuilding VS Powerlifting training styles.

Which is why "Power-Building" is a very effecting training style. Some fibers respond better to slow controlled movements. Some better to explosive, powerful movements.

It doesn't matter what angle, intensity, or volume I train my back at, it never gets even the slightest bit sore. Yet, I have a thick back. And it's always been that way.

Your red blood cell count, sleep, and nutrition play a huge roll in DOMS.

I will go as far to say that too much DOMS means you're body is experiencing chronic inflammation. Which can mean a number of bad things.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12453160

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19149749
You have some good points. I totally agree that doms doesn't mean crippling pain but not to say at certain intensity or workout layouts you can't get the crippling soreness like bc is saying. For me if I don't experience some sort or soreness especially after starting a new workout plan I'm changing it up. The sprinter to runner comparison kind is proves the muscle confusion in my opinion. Runners just run all day nothing changes therefore after about a month of starting they see no gains. Sprinter are always practicing explosive workout routine and the routines I see the track guys I know are very intense and always changing the use sleds, parachutes and weights along with lots of resistant traing therefore causing muscle confusion wich leads to muscle growth and soreness that I wouldn't want any part of.

Rich piana says this also, so it has to be fucking fact bro.

short distance sprinters have great legs because of explosive movements and time under tension. same with speed skaters. also look at the calves on most
race type cyclist. I never lift heavy weight,I never go to total failure.
not saying anything against anyone that trains that way. but you don't need it
to build quality muscle. look at the physique on a gymnast.
most guys that lift heavy get injured

short distance sprinters have great legs because of explosive movements and time under tension. same with speed skaters. also look at the calves on most
race type cyclist. I never lift heavy weight,I never go to total failure.
not saying anything against anyone that trains that way. but you don't need it
to build quality muscle. look at the physique on a gymnast.
most guys that lift heavy get injured

There's maximal weight, heavy, and sub-maximal weight heavy. I'd consider anything 60% and above to be heavy.

Don't believe I've seen a single big guy who didn't at lease go somewhat heavy on legs and back. But then, everyone's also different.

Ego lifting is entirely different than merely lifting heavy.

Also there's people like me, who are merely big no matter what they do. I don't have to try hard to achieve muscle growth. But I stopped lifting for size over 2 years ago.

Many big-time coaches have their stage ready clients lift heavy. It has to do with the extra nervous system recruitment allowing you to contract the muscle harder. I remember Ronnie Coleman highlighting on that in a podcast.

But I agree, it doesn't take much to elicit hypertrophy. Most just don't do enough outside the gym.

Last edited:
Back