• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Legs every day

88HerculesGenes88

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm really considering this. What the fuck is a body builder without legs? A fucking physique competitor. And fuck that, no offense. I'm getting really addicted to squats and seeing development in my legs. I think i need to ditch my shoes when i squat too, i notice in my videos that i start leaning on the inside of my shoes and when I'm barefoot I'm just more solid. Someone feed me knowledge, give me tips, tell me you believe in me, haha.

No shoes. My squats and deads have improved out of sight.

Legs every day though ... Maybe for a couple of weeks? Your cns will take a pounding.

Regardless, do it, log it. Share the results man I'd love to see it.

I'm really considering this. What the fuck is a body builder without legs? A fucking physique competitor. And fuck that, no offense. I'm getting really addicted to squats and seeing development in my legs. I think i need to ditch my shoes when i squat too, i notice in my videos that i start leaning on the inside of my shoes and when I'm barefoot I'm just more solid. Someone feed me knowledge, give me tips, tell me you believe in me, haha.

Before my back really took a dive, I REALLY enjoyed the Smolov squat program. There is an app that's great. It's squatting 3-4x a week without auxiliary lifts. I sometimes would superset leg extensions or hammy curls in there. I went with a little lower weight then my max but within a month I had some nice (for me) wheels in the making.

Check it out man.

I would say invest into some lifting shoes. Sabos or metal deadlift shoes are perfect for all around gym use. I have flat feet and been doing deads and skwaats without shoes for years but id say 90% time youre better of finding the correct shoes that works for you. Not manu people relaize it but your feet gripping the ground is very important and its good to keep suppourt on the upper part of your foot. Not exacctly the whole ankle but the bottom portion at least. They are like the wrists there not really meant to be stable, they are meant to rotate and be flexiable. So the opposite of what you want ( at least the rotating part, flexability is imporantant in the ankle to a certin extent in the squat) when doing a compound movement as a whole. Look into it.

Last edited:
No shoes. My squats and deads have improved out of sight.

Legs every day though ... Maybe for a couple of weeks? Your cns will take a pounding.

Regardless, do it, log it. Share the results man I'd love to see it.
Squatting with no shoes leaves you with no support. Especialy if you're an over or underpronator. A good pair of flat shoes. Nike Metcon's, Reebok Nano's. Reebok LT Trainer's or Oly shoes. You squats and deads have gone up I believe it's due to your training.

Look up the squat everyday program... Good shit. But boy be ready.. Need to really focus on taking care of yourself at the same time

This was a brutal Bulgarian method they did some variation of the squat everyday for max. When they failed they drop 10% of the failed max weight and perform 2-3 sets of that weight. There isn't much literature about this method. They also lived ate slept and shitted weight lifting. And they were being pump full of AAS.

Squatting with no shoes leaves you with no support. Especialy if you're an over or underpronator. A good pair of flat shoes. Nike Metcon's, Reebok Nano's. Reebok LT Trainer's or Oly shoes. You squats and deads have gone up I believe it's due to your training.

Roger that :thumb:

Before my back really took a dive, I REALLY enjoyed the Smolov squat program. There is an app that's great. It's squatting 3-4x a week without auxiliary lifts. I sometimes would superset leg extensions or hammy curls in there. I went with a little lower weight then my max but within a month I had some nice (for me) wheels in the making.

Check it out man.

Smolov added an inch to my quads..good but brutal.Also the russian squat program is a good one as well.

Did you end up giving this a go? If so how's the results?

My feet are kinda curved so new balance shoes are great however not for squats i use like heel like pumps wont be specific i think you know what im driving at. This is why i do them at 4am no one can see me.

Cheapthreads out..

Has to be programmed a bit differently but you can achieve good results from it. I don't recommend barefoot squatting. Leaves the foot and ankle with zero support and less stability. Better than running shoe squatting, but not better than actual squat shoes or something with a solid sole.

Back