PDA

View Full Version : Split?

fakenatty
07-02-2016, 03:12 AM
What split should i use?

Monday - upper body (bench press, pull ups, dumbell shoulder press, facepulls, dumbell shrugs, skullcrushers, dumbell curls)
Tuesday - legs (squats 5 sets)
Wendesday - upper body (bench press, pull ups, dumbell shoulder press, facepulls, barbell shrugs, skullcrushers, barbell curls)
Thursday - legs (squats 5 sets)
Friday - upper body (bench press, pull ups, dumbell shoulder press, facepulls, dumbell shrugs, skullcrushers, dumbell curls)
Saturday - legs (squats 5 sets)
Sunday - rest

Monday - push
Tuesday - pull
Wednesday - legs
Thursday - push
Friday - pull
Saturday - legs
Sunday - rest

Gains2NV
07-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I would go somewhere like bodybuilding.com and try a few programs. You learn what you like and then can make a plan good for you.

Leg day has to consist of more than just 5 sets of squats. You need to get some hamstring work in and calves ( I don't to calves personally cause they don't grow lol)

88HerculesGenes88
07-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Bodybuilder split works for bodybuilders. Mon-legs tue-chest wed-back thur- rest fri-arms sat-shoulders sun-rest. Something like that. I like to hit small body parts multiple days a week, abs, forearms and calves. Switch it up. You can do. Chest and shoulders, back&bi, legs&abs, chest&tri, just whatever you do make sure you are putting enough intensity in to each body part and focus on the weak ones that aren't fun. You can go 3 on 3 off which is gaaay, for me, 1 on 1 off 3 on 1 off 4-2 6-1 365-0 lol you just have to experiment and find what works for you.

fakenatty
07-03-2016, 01:43 AM
The problem with bodybuilding splits is that they are not optimal for naturals or those who are on low doses..

theCaptn'
07-03-2016, 02:08 AM
The problem with bodybuilding splits is that they are not optimal for naturals or those who are on low doses..

What is optimal for naturals?

Dieseljimmy
07-03-2016, 04:13 AM
I have gotten so far away from anything resemebling a normal split. Any one day might have rear delts, upper chest and biceps... or quads, tri and traps. Or... my workouts have become a blender. I try to hit three muscles with a few warms, ten working sets and a few pump sets and I'm out. I bounce from one to another so that I'm closer to cardiovascular exhaustion then muscularity exhausted. So the whole workout feels kinda like three contrasting supersets.

theCaptn'
07-03-2016, 04:17 AM
I have gotten so far away from anything resemebling a normal split. Any one day might have rear delts, upper chest and biceps... or quads, tri and traps. Or... my workouts have become a blender. I try to hit three muscles with a few warms, ten working sets and a few pump sets and I'm out. I bounce from one to another so that I'm closer to cardiovascular exhaustion then muscularity exhausted. So the whole workout feels kinda like three contrasting supersets.

I like that.

bbb33
07-03-2016, 04:29 AM
The problem with bodybuilding splits is that they are not optimal for naturals or those who are on low doses..not true at all man....

trainwreck74
07-03-2016, 04:49 AM

So you're doing a lot of giant sets? Keeping you're HR ripping and spreading the pump and fatigue ?

fakenatty
07-04-2016, 12:34 PM
People told me that frequency > volume for naturals. Protein synthesis only lasts for 48 hours .. But i don't really believe that shit. Training same muscle every other days seems like a bad idea. I prefer 2x a week.

trainwreck74
07-05-2016, 03:30 AM
It is different for everyone my fiend. .. Suck ass answer I know, but Truth! Genetics, diet, gym consistency... Major players.

I agree with bbb33, I've had splits work well with me and buddies I've trained with...
My advice would be choose one routine and be consistent. Do it for 12 weeks, then change it. Every day change the lifts or sequence slightly. Weight, tempo, volume, Giants sets verses heavy days with lots of rest. Keep your body guessing. Keep consistent , keep eating and drinking water. You will grows and you'll start to see what works and what doesn't for you. I always suggest log books. Yes they suck ass too but they make all the difference.
All my opinion and there are a lot of peeps here with stellar routines and advice. . You're on the right path and in the right place bro. Good luck.