PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer and AAS

TouaregV8
06-30-2016, 05:56 AM
My wife and I received some terrible news earlier this week. We were informed that she has invasive mammary carcinoma. Biopsy last week confirmed 1 malignant tumor and a lymph node came back cancerous as well. We're not sure how advanced the cancer is yet as her first appointment with a general surgeon is not until next week. Also need to schedule the oncologist appointment for further testing before any type of treatment plan can be determined.

This diagnosis came very unexpectedly as my wife does not have a family history of cancer and I cannot stop thinking that the anavar she has been using off and on for approximately 7 years may have contributed to this cancer in some way or another. She's used it very conservatively over the years and has never exceeded 10mg/day. She typically cycles it for 16 weeks at a time, comes off for a month or so, then back on for 16 more weeks. I'd be interested in hearing feedback from the ladies in regard to this.

jerseydevil
06-30-2016, 06:09 AM
That's awful news Touareg...... best wishes to both of you. It will be a long road but I bet she will get through it with flying colors. I know it's easy for me to say but Stay Positive!

iceman1977
06-30-2016, 06:50 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about this Touareg. I wish her a full and speedy recovery.

While i have no references on hand, there are studies showing the possibility that hormone replacement in post menopausal women increases the risk of many types of cancer. I have seen this personally in the case of a friend that went through fertility treatment and was diagnosed with cancer (ovarian) a year into it. The doctors believe the fertility treatment acted as a catalyst for both developing and propagating the cancer cells.

Having said that, its best not to second guess the past brother. We all live our lives doing things that are not healthy for us. Some smoke, some drink, others drive fast. Nothing you do now can change the past and will only cause additional stress for both of you. For all you know it may have been genetics and she is unfortunately the first to reflect this. Also keep in mind that breast cancer is incredibly prevalent. Many women you know today will battle this in the future... And most likely, none of them ever used AAS.

REHH
06-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Damn I'm very sorry to hear this, I wish you and your wife all the best and a complete recovery.

I've been reading about testosterone therapy for post menopausal women as a preventive cancer treatment. Someone on here posted a link to it, I'd have to look around. Isn't some aas prescribed to women with breast cancer to shrink tumors? That's what I remember reading. Do some research and look into it yourself.

REHH
06-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Yeah found this right away with a Google search

http://http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S037851221500701X (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S037851221500701X)

iceman1977
06-30-2016, 12:57 PM
REHH, I believe the issue is on the estrogen side, as opposed to the testosterone. I have not heard of many women using ai's to combat aromatization. Maybe its done and not discussed, but it might be something to consider for women using AAS.

REHH
06-30-2016, 01:00 PM
REHH, I believe the issue is on the estrogen side, as opposed to the testosterone. I have not heard of many women using ai's to combat aromatization. Maybe its done and not discussed, but it might be something to consider for women using AAS.

Your right, I did quite a bit of research for my wife and read where high estrogen was blamed for cancer development in women.

I was posting the above to show that maybe the var is not to blame.

iceman1977
06-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Touareg, did your wife have bloods done on/off cycle?

Curious to see how it affected her estrogen levels.

TouaregV8
06-30-2016, 03:47 PM
Thank you very much for the thoughts and kind words, fellas. I really appreciate your support.

The estrogen is my concern. Estrogen fuels breast cancer. I guess I'm still confused at how anavar acts in the body. Initially I was under the impression that anavar increases testosterone levels but now I've been reading that it doesn't. I know that anavar doesn't convert to estrogen, but my concern with the increase in testosterone levels would be the body naturally increasing estrogen levels to maintain balance. Can anyone validate this? Does anavar increase testosterone or suppress it?

Wife had bloods done through primary care provider while on cycle a few weeks ago. They told her that her hormone levels were all within range and provided no more detail. This is why I do bloods on my own.

Progress
06-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Very sorry to hear that bro, stay strong.

Sheriv
06-30-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this news ...very sorry.
I hope first and foremost that everything will be ok with your wife.

Now to address your concern..it's been addressed in this thread already but I'll reiterate it...breast cancer is associated with estrogen use in the context of hormone therapy as well as blood clots and a myriad of side effects. Testosterone use is not connected with it and progesterone use can actually lower breast cancer risks.
I hope this helps to alleviate some of your concern.

Frankly cancer is mutated cells that unfortunately can be mutated from about a million different things. Women from families with a breast cancer history are at a HIGHER risk of breast cancer but unfortunately anyone could develop cancer.

I am genuinely sorry to hear of her misfortune.

bignasty
06-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Man touareg i am so damn sorry to hear this. Stay positive and remember behind every great man is an even greater woman. She can beat this!
On another note and i hope you dont get offended by what im about to suggest cause it is literally the typical stoner advice. But seriously consider adding some sort of cannabis into her diet preferably an edible of some sort. From what ive read cannabis is an exceptional tool in combating breast cancer. I know many people are not open to using it but even in trace amounts it may be beneficial. Not sure where you live but half of the states are medical and even if not in a medical state cannabis charges are very minute. Atleast consider it or look into it. Anywho enough of my stoner witch doctor advice. I wish both of you the best as youll be her biggest support in all of this. Stay strong.

s2h
06-30-2016, 08:46 PM
sorry to hear about your wife....anavar is failry safe unless a female has breast cancer either knowlingly or not...it also can be issue if her calcuim levels are high....that has been shown to increase breast cancer odds....so outside of the calcium its more likely to increase the cancer then cause it...

TouaregV8
07-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Thank you all for your feedback, it really does help put my mind at ease.

bignasty - You are not the first to suggest this to me. BTC has suggested cannabis oil, as well as high dose vitamin c, and baking soda. I've already ordered buffered vitamin c powder and started the wife on baking soda. As far as the cannabis oil is concerned, can you suggest any websites that it can be order from? It's legal in my state for medicinal use so I don't believe shipping will be a problem. Please PM me if you have info on this. Thanks, brother.

ldog
07-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Touareg,

There are many things to consider here. What is her family history? Was her cancer estrogen positive? Do you know if she had been tested for the BRAC gene?

There are numerous studies about using Testosterone as a possible breast cancer treatment. Did you know this is accepted as a treatment in Japan? I encourage you to get 2-3 opinions on various treatment plans. I'll post a link concerning Testosterone therapy involving breast cancer.

ldog
07-01-2016, 11:52 AM
http://hormonebalance.org/pdf/Glaser%20Dim%2013%20Reduced%20BCA%20incidence%20T% 20T+%20A

ldog
07-01-2016, 11:54 AM
http://hormonebalance.org/pdf/Rapid_response_of_breast_cancer_to_neoadjuvant.984 98.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

http://hormonebalance.org

Educate yourself using this website.

Scooby
07-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Sorry for this Horrible news. Prayers going your way!!

bignasty
07-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Touareg unfortunately i am not in a legal state so id have no idea how to source. You seem to be really intelligent and have common sense so if your unable to source it then it can be made easy peasy. Also since she indeed did have a positive test for cancer theres absolutely no reason she couldnt get your dr to sign off medical and then youd have access to anything you want. And from my understanding a little goes a long way.

Mrsrobinson
07-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Toureg,

I am SO very sorry to hear this :( I sincerely hope that she doesn't beat herself up over the Var use. I hadn't used it very much at all before my positive mammo came back. And I have no family history of BC and the genetic testing came back negative. Unfortunately this shit sometimes just happens :( It's the estrogen that's the problem, Ive been on Nolvadex and now anastrozole since my mastectomy :( Its NOT fun. Once she goes through whichever treatment you all agree is best for her, they will probably have her on it for 5 years. Think positive and just KNOW she WILL beat this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way !!!!! XO

Oh, and there used to be a supp sponsor on here, they had cannabis oil. Not sure if they still do, but you might be able to contact and see if they might have any leads ?????

chocolatemalt
07-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Toureg,

I am SO very sorry to hear this :( I sincerely hope that she doesn't beat herself up over the Var use. I hadn't used it very much at all before my positive mammo came back. And I have no family history of BC and the genetic testing came back negative. Unfortunately this shit sometimes just happens :( It's the estrogen that's the problem, Ive been on Nolvadex and now anastrozole since my mastectomy :( Its NOT fun. Once she goes through whichever treatment you all agree is best for her, they will probably have her on it for 5 years. Think positive and just KNOW she WILL beat this. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way !!!!! XO

Oh, and there used to be a supp sponsor on here, they had cannabis oil. Not sure if they still do, but you might be able to contact and see if they might have any leads ?????

Have you been getting bad sides from the drugs? Bone mass issues, mood, or other?

I dated a someone a few years ago who'd had some cancer removed from her boobs (which other than a few scars were still huge and bodacious) and was on permanent arimidex and when she learned I was on the same drug was like... WTF? :) Interesting exchange of experiences there. She claimed no issues at all so far after a few years of it but something I noticed was that some sort of chemistry was off between us, despite her amazing figure and being pretty, smart, adventurous -- my theory is that I was picking up on her lack of pheromones. Just a theory though.

Come to think of it, she kept blowing out ligaments in her knees -- MCL and others, and did so once while we were at a bar together playing ping pong. I wonder if the hormonal changes were a contributing cause...

the_predator
07-04-2016, 06:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this brother. I will be praying for your wife and you.

REHH
07-04-2016, 12:02 PM
A lot of good info in here.

Keep us updated and good luck. My wife has a very high genetic predisposition for cancer, she even had a histerectomy, partly as a preventive measure to cancer, she lost her mom to ovarian cancer 2yrs ago.

Riles
07-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Praying for you both brother!

TouaregV8
07-24-2016, 05:39 AM
My wife starts her chemo tomorrow. The current plan of attack is 16-20 weeks of chemotherapy in an effort to "downstage" the cancer. Once chemo is completed a lumpectomy or a mastectomy will be performed. Type of surgery will be dictated by how successful the chemo is at shrinking the tumors. After the surgery radiation may still be recommended, we're not sure yet. Received some potentially life changing news Friday afternoon. Wife had a CT scan done and the results showed hot spots on her spine, sternum, ribs, and femur. These hot spots may or may not be cancer, the doctor isn't sure. The only way to know for sure is to biopsy them and at this point in time they are too small to biopsy. Trying to stay positive but it's very difficult considering the news we have been given. I'm not a religious man, but I did begin praying last night. Need some good news.

iceman1977
07-24-2016, 06:23 AM
I truly am sorry to hear that you both are going through this. My prayers go out to you.

Mrsrobinson
07-24-2016, 06:26 AM
I'm not a religious man, but I did begin praying last night. Need some good news.

Damn, so sorry to hear this news :( I'm not either but will be adding mine too and praying for a good outcome for you guys.

jerseydevil
07-24-2016, 07:54 AM
My prayers are with you and your wife Touareg. Might be cliche' to say but take it one day at a time and think positive thoughts. Godspeed brother. Your ASF family is with you.

Dannie
07-24-2016, 10:25 AM
Thank you all for your feedback, it really does help put my mind at ease.

bignasty - You are not the first to suggest this to me. BTC has suggested cannabis oil, as well as high dose vitamin c, and baking soda. I've already ordered buffered vitamin c powder and started the wife on baking soda. As far as the cannabis oil is concerned, can you suggest any websites that it can be order from? It's legal in my state for medicinal use so I don't believe shipping will be a problem. Please PM me if you have info on this. Thanks, brother.

I am really sorry to hear that Touareg.
You want liposomal vitamin C. Absorption rate is something like 80% as opposed to 10%. Also does not cause diarrhea.

Not sure what is your idea of high dose. But this also depends on severity of the illness.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

ob3ast
07-24-2016, 10:26 AM
Sending my thoughts and prayers to your wife and you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TouaregV8
07-25-2016, 08:35 AM
Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers.

nwguy
07-25-2016, 08:41 AM
My wife starts her chemo tomorrow. The current plan of attack is 16-20 weeks of chemotherapy in an effort to "downstage" the cancer. Once chemo is completed a lumpectomy or a mastectomy will be performed. Type of surgery will be dictated by how successful the chemo is at shrinking the tumors. After the surgery radiation may still be recommended, we're not sure yet. Received some potentially life changing news Friday afternoon. Wife had a CT scan done and the results showed hot spots on her spine, sternum, ribs, and femur. These hot spots may or may not be cancer, the doctor isn't sure. The only way to know for sure is to biopsy them and at this point in time they are too small to biopsy. Trying to stay positive but it's very difficult considering the news we have been given. I'm not a religious man, but I did begin praying last night. Need some good news.

Well, this is a shitty post to have read. Unfortunately, I know all to well what you are going through. Next month is the 1 year anniversary of my mom passing from breast cancer. My only advice is to stay on top of the doctors. If you want tests ran demand them and don't take no for an answer... Stay away from internet research, it will only feed you with terrible terrible thoughts. I hope nothing but the best for your wife and you. My uncle is a pathologist, if you are interested I could email him and see if he would take a look at the images.. He did this for my mom and shed a whole lot of "real" light on the situation and he was right where the doctors were wrong.

I don't pray but I talk to my mom daily, I will ask her to look over you and your family through this hard time. If you need anything feel free to PM me. I've been there.

chocolatemalt
07-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Well, this is a shitty post to have read. Unfortunately, I know all to well what you are going through. Next month is the 1 year anniversary of my mom passing from breast cancer. My only advice is to stay on top of the doctors. If you want tests ran demand them and don't take no for an answer... Stay away from internet research, it will only feed you with terrible terrible thoughts. I hope nothing but the best for your wife and you. My uncle is a pathologist, if you are interested I could email him and see if he would take a look at the images.. He did this for my mom and shed a whole lot of "real" light on the situation and he was right where the doctors were wrong.

I don't pray but I talk to my mom daily, I will ask her to look over you and your family through this hard time. If you need anything feel free to PM me. I've been there.

That is an awesome offer. Stand up dude, rballdan. Always good to get a second opinion, completely unrelated to the team of docs on the first pass.

TouaregV8
07-26-2016, 09:26 AM
My uncle is a pathologist, if you are interested I could email him and see if he would take a look at the images.. He did this for my mom and shed a whole lot of "real" light on the situation and he was right where the doctors were wrong.

Thank you, brother. You are spot on regarding avoiding the internet. I was researching metastatic breast cancer over the weekend and the shit I was finding was horrible. It fucked me up pretty good. As far as the CT scan is concerned, I'm pretty confused at how they arrived at "possible bone cancer" because initially the radiologist didn't see anything. It wasn't until my wife's oncologist went back to the radiologist and told him that my wife complains of occasional sternum pain and occasional pain in her side, then he went back and took another look at her films and suddenly sees all these spots on her bones. Wtf? Seems like the radiologist did that to cover his ass or something. My wife also had a bone scan which didn't reveal anything. I'll see if my wife can get ahold of the CT scan disc and try to figure out a way to copy it or scan the films in an effort to get them to you. At this point a second opinion would be nice.

nwguy
07-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Thank you, brother. You are spot on regarding avoiding the internet. I was researching metastatic breast cancer over the weekend and the shit I was finding was horrible. It fucked me up pretty good. As far as the CT scan is concerned, I'm pretty confused at how they arrived at "possible bone cancer" because initially the radiologist didn't see anything. It wasn't until my wife's oncologist went back to the radiologist and told him that my wife complains of occasional sternum pain and occasional pain in her side, then he went back and took another look at her films and suddenly sees all these spots on her bones. Wtf? Seems like the radiologist did that to cover his ass or something. My wife also had a bone scan which didn't reveal anything. I'll see if my wife can get ahold of the CT scan disc and try to figure out a way to copy it or scan the films in an effort to get them to you. At this point a second opinion would be nice.

Yea, that seems strange that they see nothing then all of the sudden they do see stuff.... Usually (in my case atleast) the oncologists play down how bad it is and the other people were screaming somethings not right.

Has she prepared for the chemo mentally? Have you prepared for the chemo mentally? The one thing we did was make sure mom had a wig incase her hair started coming out. We had a discussion and it was decided that the second the hair came out we would bring over my daughter (3 at the time) and she would watch nana get a "haircut" so that she still knew she was the same person. She was showering and the first clump came out so we shaved her head. She would have good days which usually followed with REALLY bad days. They were able to give her meds during the chemo that would keep her from vomitting so that was never an issue. What would happen though is she would feel good and overdue it that day.. The next 3 to 4 days she would barely be able to get up and move because she was so tired. Keep reminding your wife to take it easy... Once someone stayed with her all the time we were able to keep her down so that all the days evened themselves out, atleast until Abby (my daughter) came over. Then she would go crazy and pay for it the next few days.

Are they going to give her the white blood cell shots after the chemo? Those were the only thing that made mom sick, so they quit giving them to her. We did Chemo through a drip with radiation for about a year. The second go around a year or so later was was a pill, they tested after 12 weeks on it because "it wont show if its helping until then" I called them out but ultimately lost the battle because doctors know best. I said at 4-6 weeks they could scan again and see if it had grown more. If it had grown then that means its not working try something else. 12 weeks later, oh hey its not working lets try something else.... 6 weeks later we were able to do no more.

So like I said, please go with your gut, if you think they are full of shit call them out and fight them.. Nobody would allow me to except my uncle who wasn't here for the last part. My dad and sister said the doctor knew best and mom was too weak to fight for herself. Thats my biggest regret was not digging my heels in and making them test like I knew they should.

Sorry for the long post.

Let me know if you get a copy. I will fire off an email to my uncle right now as we speak.

TouaregV8
07-26-2016, 12:37 PM
I am really sorry to hear that Touareg.
You want liposomal vitamin C. Absorption rate is something like 80% as opposed to 10%. Also does not cause diarrhea.

Not sure what is your idea of high dose. But this also depends on severity of the illness.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, Dannie. I'm going to look into this. The buffered vitamin c has been upsetting her stomach.

chocolatemalt
07-26-2016, 01:20 PM

I think there's more art than science on x-ray readings. I sure the hell can't see anything but I understand there's a lot of training behind the interpretation of all those shadows. I would've thought CT scans and the like would've replaced these stone age x-rays by now, oh well...

We're still in the stone age of medicine in a sense, well maybe the renaissance, and in 50 years I suspect we'll have AI supercomputers doing the interpretations for us at 100x better accuracy and much better diagnostic tools as well. Until then we gotta suffer through the stone tools.

Has she prepared for the chemo mentally? Have you prepared for the chemo mentally? The one thing we did was make sure mom had a wig incase her hair started coming out. We had a discussion and it was decided that the second the hair came out we would bring over my daughter (3 at the time) and she would watch nana get a "haircut" so that she still knew she was the same person. She was showering and the first clump came out so we shaved her head. She would have good days which usually followed with REALLY bad days. They were able to give her meds during the chemo that would keep her from vomitting so that was never an issue. What would happen though is she would feel good and overdue it that day.. The next 3 to 4 days she would barely be able to get up and move because she was so tired. Keep reminding your wife to take it easy... Once someone stayed with her all the time we were able to keep her down so that all the days evened themselves out, atleast until Abby (my daughter) came over. Then she would go crazy and pay for it the next few days.

The one thing I've heard over and over from relatives and friends who've survived the process is that the nausea is the worst part. That's cool that they can negate it with meds... is that a new thing?

nwguy
07-26-2016, 01:30 PM
I think there's more art than science on x-ray readings. I sure the hell can't see anything but I understand there's a lot of training behind the interpretation of all those shadows. I would've thought CT scans and the like would've replaced these stone age x-rays by now, oh well...

We're still in the stone age of medicine in a sense, well maybe the renaissance, and in 50 years I suspect we'll have AI supercomputers doing the interpretations for us at 100x better accuracy and much better diagnostic tools as well. Until then we gotta suffer through the stone tools.

The one thing I've heard over and over from relatives and friends who've survived the process is that the nausea is the worst part. That's cool that they can negate it with meds... is that a new thing?

I'm not sure if its new or not. I know that we were going to a pretty high end cancer center for her treatments. She had her own pharmacist that was in charge of her and all her medicines and she had his cell number and could call 24 hours a day. They literally wouldn't let her take any OTC drugs for anything. She had a gassy stomach she had to call him and he'd call in a perscription so that it couldn't counteract the chemo meds. It was very interesting. Too bad it only happens for such a crappy situation, cause I was very intrigued by the process and talking with him.

The nausea meds was an additive to her chemo drip. They would also speed up or slow down the drip depending on how she was feeling. Its come a long ways that for sure.

Sheriv
07-26-2016, 04:23 PM

If there isn't onion peeling and a myriad of other signs the chances of bone cancer are very minimal or slow growing . Contrasting mri and a pet scan are the gold standard for bone cancer. Don't freak yet...
I can recommend my ortho oncologist if you're inclined for a possible distance second opinion

I wish her well on this journey she's on.

TouaregV8
07-27-2016, 04:34 AM

Are they going to give her the white blood cell shots after the chemo? Those were the only thing that made mom sick, so they quit giving them to her. We did Chemo through a drip with radiation for about a year. The second go around a year or so later was was a pill, they tested after 12 weeks on it because "it wont show if its helping until then" I called them out but ultimately lost the battle because doctors know best. I said at 4-6 weeks they could scan again and see if it had grown more. If it had grown then that means its not working try something else. 12 weeks later, oh hey its not working lets try something else.... 6 weeks later we were able to do no more.

So like I said, please go with your gut, if you think they are full of shit call them out and fight them.. Nobody would allow me to except my uncle who wasn't here for the last part. My dad and sister said the doctor knew best and mom was too weak to fight for herself. Thats my biggest regret was not digging my heels in and making them test like I knew they should.

Sorry for the long post.

Let me know if you get a copy. I will fire off an email to my uncle right now as we speak.

I appreciate your feedback, brother. Yes, she has prepared herself for the chemo sides. She ordered a couple of wigs and a few different head wraps and bandanas. She was told that her hair should start falling out after her second chemo treatment so we're ready. As soon as the clumps start falling out I'm going to shave her head. Going to shave mine as well. They are giving her the neulasta (sp?) injections 24 hours after each treatment to help her white blood cells. There's a little machine that they stick to her belly and it automatically gives the shot 24 hours after chemo. After it's complete you remove the machine and toss it in the trash. She has heard a lot of people complaining that this drug is worse than the chemo. She has been having intermittent nausea since about 2 hours after the chemo treatment. They give her nausea meds in her IV during chemo and they also gave her 3 separate scripts. None of which seems to be helping.

I believe that the word "interpretation" is very accurate here as one radiologist may interpret a scan different then another. It appears that none of these scans are 100% accurate or full proof. They all seem to have their strengths and weaknesses. So far my wife has had an MRI (chest only), a bone scan, and a CT scan. The insurance company denied the request for a PET scan so that was the reason the CT scan was done instead.

If there isn't onion peeling and a myriad of other signs the chances of bone cancer are very minimal or slow growing . Contrasting mri and a pet scan are the gold standard for bone cancer. Don't freak yet...
I can recommend my ortho oncologist if you're inclined for a possible distance second opinion

I wish her well on this journey she's on.

Thank you, Sheri. I certainly hope you are right. Her calcium and ALP are within range, however, her medical oncologist feels that it is the early stages of bone cancer. Apparently there is one area that's large enough to biopsy. They plan to do a bone biopsy after her chemo treatments are done and prior to surgery. My wife is going to pick up a copy of her CT scan films. We have the written report, but not the films. If you don't mind PMing me your doctor's info, please do.

HughJassol
07-27-2016, 04:58 AM
damn T, I had missed this thread. Sorry to hear about this. Wishing the Mrs and you the best. Hope she kicks its ass.

MiSh
07-27-2016, 05:08 AM
God Bless T
Prayers , blessing and positive thoughts for u both
Sorry to hear
Best of wishes
Here for support

TouaregV8
08-11-2016, 06:03 AM
Received some new information earlier this week that I wanted to share.

My wife informed her oncologist that she has been cycling oxandrolone since 2009 so the oncologist had the tumors biopsied again. My wife's cancer is both Estrogen receptor positive, and androgen receptor positive which basically means that it feeds on estrogen and androgens. The oncologist did not suggest that the anavar caused my wife's cancer, but it definitely provided the cancer with fuel and likely accelerated it's growth.

My suggestion is that if you are a woman, be very diligent with your breast self-exams, tumors are often missed on mammograms. My wife felt her tumor back in 2007 and had a mammogram done at that same time that showed nothing. If you suspect that something doesn't feel right bring it to your doctors attention, get a second opinion if your doctor says, "it's nothing to worry about" as in my wife's case.

Men - if you are over 40 and using AAS I would recommend that you get annual prostate exams and PSA tests, especially if there's a history of prostate cancer in your family. Anabolics feed prostate cancer and you could be fueling the fire and not even know about it until it's too late. As soon as my wife gets through her treatment I'm going in for my prostate exam as I'm long overdue. I'd do it now but with everything that's going on with my wife I can't bear the burden at this time if something were to come back of concern.

I've come off of AAS at this time and will be on strictly a TRT dose (175mg) of testosterone for awhile. This shit that my wife is going through has be seriously considering staying off AAS indefinitely.

iceman1977
08-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Speechless....do what's right brother. Anything above trt dose is strictly for vanity. Even 175 may be too high.

I keep praying for your wife. Thanks for keeping us posted.

iceman1977
08-11-2016, 06:21 AM
My wife has implants and hates mammograms. Two strikes against her right there. Hasn't done one in years. I need to get on her ass about it.

TouaregV8
08-11-2016, 06:28 AM
I keep praying for your wife.

Thank you, brother. That means more to me than you realize. I've been praying for her almost everyday.

Her hair has started falling out in clumps so the other night she talked me into buzzing it off. I was hesitant to shave it off until I saw her grab a clump of it and pull it straight out of her head. I told her that she looks like a lesbian now.

nwguy
08-11-2016, 06:29 AM
Received some new information earlier this week that I wanted to share.

My wife informed her oncologist that she has been cycling oxandrolone since 2009 so the oncologist had the tumors biopsied again. My wife's cancer is both Estrogen receptor positive, and androgen receptor positive which basically means that it feeds on estrogen and androgens. The oncologist did not suggest that the anavar caused my wife's cancer, but it definitely provided the cancer with fuel and likely accelerated it's growth.

My suggestion is that if you are a woman, be very diligent with your breast self-exams, tumors are often missed on mammograms. My wife felt her tumor back in 2007 and had a mammogram done at that same time that showed nothing. If you suspect that something doesn't feel right bring it to your doctors attention, get a second opinion if your doctor says, "it's nothing to worry about" as in my wife's case.

Men - if you are over 40 and using AAS I would recommend that you get annual prostate exams and PSA tests, especially if there's a history of prostate cancer in your family. Anabolics feed prostate cancer and you could be fueling the fire and not even know about it until it's too late. As soon as my wife gets through her treatment I'm going in for my prostate exam as I'm long overdue. I'd do it now but with everything that's going on with my wife I can't bear the burden at this time if something were to come back of concern.

I've come off of AAS at this time and will be on strictly a TRT dose (175mg) of testosterone for awhile. This shit that my wife is going through has be seriously considering staying off AAS indefinitely.

I am sorry to hear this.. Atleast now your starting to get some answers.

Hearing things like this sure does make you question if what we do is really worth it or not.

HughJassol
08-11-2016, 06:31 AM
How's she holding up? Tell her the weirdos online are pulling for her and you.

TouaregV8
08-11-2016, 06:36 AM
How's she holding up? Tell her the weirdos online are pulling for her and you.

Thanks, brother. She had a very rough day yesterday. Nausea, dry-heaves, hot flashes, chills, and very emotional. She said that she couldn't stop crying most of the afternoon. Shit tears my heart out...

HughJassol
08-11-2016, 06:48 AM
I'm really sorry bud. Can't even imagine being in your situation. My wife said to tell you she's praying for you guys.

jerseydevil
08-11-2016, 08:21 AM
What is her prognosis? Or is it too early to tell? This really puts things in perspective to what is truly important. I hear so many young guys that take big risks saying they don't want to grow old and would rather die young doing what they love. I suspect if this happened to them they would regret that logic.

Thank you for the update and the good advice. I will most definitely have my girlfriend read this post for that guidance.

My prayers are with both of you brother.

Turkeybacon
08-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Im sorry to hear this news T, I havent gotten to know you at all but my prayers are with you and the wife brother.

TouaregV8
08-11-2016, 08:35 AM
What is her prognosis?

Thank you, jd. We really aren't sure what the prognosis is yet because the stage of her cancer has yet to be determined. Initially she was diagnosed as stage II, but that was before the CT scan was done that showed possible cancer in her bones. The only way to know for sure is to do a bone biopsy and that's not planned until after her chemo treatments are done. If it's in her bones she's stage IV and remission will be the only hope. Long term treatment will be aromatase inhibitors in hopes of cutting off the cancer's fuel supply and stopping/slowing it's growth. Survival statistics for stage IV breast cancer that has metastasized to the bones is all over the place. Some woman die in a couple of years while others stay in remission for the remainder of their lifetime and die of other causes. The hardest part is the uncertainty.

TouaregV8
08-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Im sorry to hear this news T, I havent gotten to know you at all but my prayers are with you and the wife brother.

Thank you, brother. I'll take all the prayers I can get. It is very much appreciated.

drealdeal
08-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Will keep u and your family in our prayers brother ! All the best
Drd

Monster 10

nwguy
08-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Thank you, jd. We really aren't sure what the prognosis is yet because the stage of her cancer has yet to be determined. Initially she was diagnosed as stage II, but that was before the CT scan was done that showed possible cancer in her bones. The only way to know for sure is to do a bone biopsy and that's not planned until after her chemo treatments are done. If it's in her bones she's stage IV and remission will be the only hope. Long term treatment will be aromatase inhibitors in hopes of cutting off the cancer's fuel supply and stopping/slowing it's growth. Survival statistics for stage IV breast cancer that has metastasized to the bones is all over the place. Some woman die in a couple of years while others stay in remission for the remainder of their lifetime and die of other causes. The hardest part is the uncertainty.

Yes, it is all over the place on time. It all depends how hard that they want to fight the good fight. If she keeps her head up and keeps fighting she can and will do very well.

My one suggestion (even though I've had many)... Have her write the things she WANTS to do so you can try to get them done. We made that mistake with my mom. She wanted to see Abby at disneyland but we didn't do it because we felt abby was too young. By the time we were told this wasn't going to end well and was going to progress faster then we had thought it was too late, she could not leave the area let alone on a plane. She atleast got to sit behind the yankees bench at a mariners game which was a lifelong dream and want. We got all the demands met but that one.

iceman1977
08-11-2016, 11:20 AM
Talked to my wife about this and she went ahead and made her appt for the mammogram.

Touareg, how was it that she found out? Sorry if you already mentioned it earlier.

TouaregV8
08-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Talked to my wife about this and she went ahead and made her appt for the mammogram.

Touareg, how was it that she found out? Sorry if you already mentioned it earlier.

Good, but encourage her to do thorough breast self exams because mammograms miss a lot of tumors.

My wife first noticed a small lump in her right breast in 2007. She went and had a mammogram done and nothing showed up so she stopped worrying about it and didn't pursue it any further.

Fast forward to 2011. Lump was creating discomfort against her bra so she went to the doctor. Doctor said she believed it was just some scare tissue from my wife's breast implant surgery. My wife didn't pursue it any further.

Fast forward to 2016. Lump still bothering my wife and now she feels a second mass in her right breast, as well as a swollen lymph node under her arm so she goes to the doctor. They send her for a mammogram which reveals 2 small tumors. 1 tumor is 1cm, the other is 2cm. Biopsy later confirms the tumors are cancerous and the cancer had moved into at least one of the lymph nodes.

Don't take the doctor's word on anything. If you suspect something isn't right get a second opinion.

malfeasance
09-05-2016, 08:42 AM
So this was there untreated for almost a decade?

Is there any update? I understand if you do not want to post about it, but I was hoping for any good news about the stage and the presence of cancer in her bones.

VTX
09-06-2016, 04:41 AM
So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and Prayers to y'all

TouaregV8
09-06-2016, 01:10 PM
So this was there untreated for almost a decade?

Very possible.

Is there any update? I understand if you do not want to post about it, but I was hoping for any good news about the stage and the presence of cancer in her bones.

Ultrasound done on 8/26 showed that both tumors have decreased in size and the lymph node that was cancerous appears normal now just after 3 chemo treatments. As far as the bone cancer goes, my wife had a bone biopsy scheduled on 9/26 that was recently canceled because the radiologist feels the spots are too small to biopsy. So still unsure whether this is stage 2 or 4, but I'm calling this good news for now. My wife gets switched to a different chemo drug (taxol) on her next chemo treatment in two weeks. That drug will be administered once a week for 12 weeks. Surgery should be scheduled around the end of December and will more than likely be a skin saving mastectomy (hopefully). They do not remove the nipple on a skin saving mastectomy. My wife may opt for a double mastectomy to take more of a preventative approach but she hasn't 100% made up her mind yet. Doctors still say radiation will be required after the surgery. Reconstructive surgery (implants) cannot begin until 6 months after radiation so my wife still has a long road ahead of her.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Mrsrobinson
09-06-2016, 01:36 PM
This is GREAT news Touareg :) Lets all hope that it just keeps getting better and better. Things can change as treatment progresses and hopefully talk of bone biopsy just fades away. If they can spare the nipple, that will make her reconstruction so much less stressful. You guys keep hanging in there, big hugs to you both (and still gonna keep those good thoughts and prayers going your way)

jerseydevil
09-06-2016, 01:41 PM
That is awesome news!

drealdeal
09-06-2016, 01:42 PM
So glad to hear!

monster 10

nwguy
09-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Great news!!!! Hopefully the news only continues to get better. Props to you and your wife for staying strong through this.

Skyman
09-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Finally some good news today.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally some good news today.

Unlisted
09-26-2016, 01:36 AM
Damn T just read this thread...At least theres some good news in there ..Will keep you guys in my prayers ..She sounds like a tough woman..

Stay positive bro..

http://www.steroidforyou.com/
use code unlisted for 15% off

Sheriv
09-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Good, but encourage her to do thorough breast self exams because mammograms miss a lot of tumors.

My wife first noticed a small lump in her right breast in 2007. She went and had a mammogram done and nothing showed up so she stopped worrying about it and didn't pursue it any further.

Fast forward to 2011. Lump was creating discomfort against her bra so she went to the doctor. Doctor said she believed it was just some scare tissue from my wife's breast implant surgery. My wife didn't pursue it any further.

Fast forward to 2016. Lump still bothering my wife and now she feels a second mass in her right breast, as well as a swollen lymph node under her arm so she goes to the doctor. They send her for a mammogram which reveals 2 small tumors. 1 tumor is 1cm, the other is 2cm. Biopsy later confirms the tumors are cancerous and the cancer had moved into at least one of the lymph nodes.

Don't take the doctor's word on anything. If you suspect something isn't right get a second opinion.

To add to this ...dense breast and breasts with implants do not show up very well with mammograms. Ladies..if you feel something isn't right ask for an ultrasound instead. It's a better tool for dense breasts and breasts with implants.

Sheriv
09-27-2016, 05:43 PM
Very possible.

Ultrasound done on 8/26 showed that both tumors have decreased in size and the lymph node that was cancerous appears normal now just after 3 chemo treatments. As far as the bone cancer goes, my wife had a bone biopsy scheduled on 9/26 that was recently canceled because the radiologist feels the spots are too small to biopsy. So still unsure whether this is stage 2 or 4, but I'm calling this good news for now. My wife gets switched to a different chemo drug (taxol) on her next chemo treatment in two weeks. That drug will be administered once a week for 12 weeks. Surgery should be scheduled around the end of December and will more than likely be a skin saving mastectomy (hopefully). They do not remove the nipple on a skin saving mastectomy. My wife may opt for a double mastectomy to take more of a preventative approach but she hasn't 100% made up her mind yet. Doctors still say radiation will be required after the surgery. Reconstructive surgery (implants) cannot begin until 6 months after radiation so my wife still has a long road ahead of her.

I sincerely thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers.

Cab they do a pet scan in the near future? It's not too terribly helpful for very small bones cancers but it's better than nothing.
Alternately they can follow it like they do for me with mri or cat scan every few months..the tumor in my femur hasn't changed in three yrs that they have records for it.

I go every 6 mths and because it's slightly visible on xray they just follow it that way and mainly look for something called onion peeling. Where they are in the bones if important for the type of radiology they perform.

Sheriv
09-27-2016, 05:45 PM
A million typos and I hit send too early...

I'm glad to hear she's doing very well with the treatment aside from the unavoidable side effects.

I'm surprised and saddened to learn that the Dr felt oxandrolone use might have been a contributing factor

TouaregV8
09-28-2016, 06:31 AM
To add to this ...dense breast and breasts with implants do not show up very well with mammograms. Ladies..if you feel something isn't right ask for an ultrasound instead. It's a better tool for dense breasts and breasts with implants.

This is exactly the conclusion we've come to. MRIs and Mammograms are unreliable.

Cab they do a pet scan in the near future? It's not too terribly helpful for very small bones cancers but it's better than nothing.
Alternately they can follow it like they do for me with mri or cat scan every few months..the tumor in my femur hasn't changed in three yrs that they have records for it.

I go every 6 mths and because it's slightly visible on xray they just follow it that way and mainly look for something called onion peeling. Where they are in the bones if important for the type of radiology they perform.

Insurance denied the PET scan initially, but based on what we know now we could probably press the issue with the insurance co and get it approved. The plan regarding the spots on the bones are to monitor it every 3-4 months with CT scans.

A million typos and I hit send too early...

I'm glad to hear she's doing very well with the treatment aside from the unavoidable side effects.

I'm surprised and saddened to learn that the Dr felt oxandrolone use might have been a contributing factor

Yes, me too. Due to that fact that the cancer was determined to be androgen receptor positive the anavar was blamed for [possibly] speeding up the growth of the cancer.

REHH
09-29-2016, 06:56 PM
Yes, me too. Due to that fact that the cancer was determined to be androgen receptor positive the anavar was blamed for [possibly] speeding up the growth of the cancer.

Wow, that's disturbing to hear! Keep us posted.

GearGoddess
09-30-2016, 11:41 AM
This is exactly the conclusion we've come to. MRIs and Mammograms are unreliable.

Insurance denied the PET scan initially, but based on what we know now we could probably press the issue with the insurance co and get it approved. The plan regarding the spots on the bones are to monitor it every 3-4 months with CT scans.

Sorry to hear that. The only thing that I know is that var in women with already having breast cancer will reduce the calcium in their bodies which obviously will reduce bone density.

For women being healthy, I am actually surprised that var could have caused this. Maybe she had an underlying condition already and using AAS "woke" those cells up. That's so sad :(

Has she used mast? That's been developed for breath cancer treatment as well as anti-estrogen. Another one to control her estrogen would be Nolva and works quite well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

TouaregV8
09-30-2016, 12:02 PM
Sorry to hear that. The only thing that I know is that var in women with already having breast cancer will reduce the calcium in their bodies which obviously will reduce bone density.

For women being healthy, I am actually surprised that var could have caused this. Maybe she had an underlying condition already and using AAS "woke" those cells up. That's so sad :(

Has she used mast? That's been developed for breath cancer treatment as well as anti-estrogen. Another one to control her estrogen would be Nolva and works quite well.

The oncologist was quite clear to explain that the anavar did not cause the cancer, but it more than likely provided fuel to accelerate the growth of the cancer.

No, she's never used masteron.

Since my wife is post-menopausal she will most likely be placed on an AI instead of a SERM.

Intense
09-30-2016, 12:23 PM
That's terrible, I'm sorry to hear that man.

GearGoddess
09-30-2016, 12:36 PM
The oncologist was quite clear to explain that the anavar did not cause the cancer, but it more than likely provided fuel to accelerate the growth of the cancer.

Since my wife is post-menopausal she will most likely be placed on an AI instead of a SERM.
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything will get figured out soon!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I am groot
09-30-2016, 01:39 PM
The cancer rate in America is sky hi. We live in a toxic environment.

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 03:27 PM

Im certainly not arguing with her oncologist but here s a pretty good read (though scientifically written) on AR positive breast cancer- turns out quite a few are but its associated with better outcomes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4643279/

iceman1977
12-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Touareg, how is your wife doing so far? Any updates?

Praying that things are going well...

TouaregV8
12-02-2016, 01:04 PM
^Thank you, iceman.

Her last chemotherapy appointment is on Monday. She's held up pretty well through it (easy for me to say). Her spirits have been very good considering what she's going through. She's pretty much lost all of her hair, including her eye brows and most of her eye lashes. Her fingernails have turned light brown and one of her toenails is starting to fall off. She says the area around her fingernails is very sore. She also says that her skin hurts.

She has a follow-up CT scan next week that we are very interested in seeing the results of. Best case scenario is that the "spots" on her bones remain unchanged from the first CT scan done prior to the chemo. This would most likely indicate the the spots are not cancer since they would have been unaffected by the chemotherapy. Her surgery is scheduled for January 9th and she'll be undergoing a radical double-mastectomy. I've been criticized for saying this but I'm taking it pretty hard knowing that my wife is going to lose her nipples. My wife has beautiful breasts, they are one of my favorite parts of her and knowing that she will be losing them, nipples included, has been hard on me but I guess I'm going to have to find a way to deal with it. Her doctors are still recommending radiation after surgery but my wife has made up her mind that she is going to refuse it. All the doctors tell us is that radiation is done as a precaution but we feel what the fuck is radiation going to do that 20 weeks of chemotherapy hasn't?

REHH
12-04-2016, 02:53 AM
Damn that's rough bro. I wish you and your wife the best.

drealdeal
12-04-2016, 03:30 AM
Will keep you in our prayers,i could not begin to imagine what either of u are going through . Stay strong.

iceman1977
12-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Touareg - I cannot imagine being in your shoes. I won't pretend to tell you something to make you and your wife feel better. All I can tell you is to strengthen your faith. Of all the people I know that have dealt with tremendous obstacles in life, the ones that have been able to overcome were the ones with a strong sense of faith.

Keep us posted with the results.

chocolatemalt
12-08-2016, 01:28 AM
Good luck to her and you both, Touareg. Keep us in the loop...

Any consideration of reconstructive surgery at the time of the mastectomy or afterwards? Or is it not on the table?

TouaregV8
12-08-2016, 04:56 PM
Good luck to her and you both, Touareg. Keep us in the loop...

Any consideration of reconstructive surgery at the time of the mastectomy or afterwards? Or is it not on the table?

Yes, she has a reconstructive surgeon who will be doing his thing after the surgical oncologist disfigures her. He'll be putting spacers in. She has to have the spacers in place for at least three months before the reconstructive surgeon installs the implants.

She's still having issues with her finger and toe nails. Two of her nails are oozing and infected and she'll more than likely loose her nails on the affected finger and toe. Doctor prescribed her antibiotics to help with the infection yesterday. Fucking nasty shit.

REHH
12-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Damn....sounds horrible

bigbumpkin2003
12-11-2016, 02:06 PM
I deal with a health crisis in my wife's life also friend. You and your family are in my prayers.

Sheriv
12-11-2016, 07:25 PM
my ex mother in law had her nipple convincingly reconstructed..I mean...its never quite the same but it looked honestly very good

a tattoo artist recently crossed my fb that is world renowned in his nipple ink. I'll try to find the guy again- something to consider when the dust has settled

my toenails fell off once for a completely different reason- I cheered myself up about it by drawing zombie faces around where they were with sharpie and showing anyone who would look. they grow back but they'll look weird for like a year. Mother-in-laws nails rew back and looked odd for a while but eventually straightened out
I had a silver topical prescribed by a podiatrist for infection- it worked well - I have ton of it if you'd like me to send it to you? it seemed to work better than an antibiotic at any rate. bonus - its kills opportunistic fungi too downside is it makes your skin kinda black for a couple of weeks from the silver staining and oxidizing.

I'm sorry you're both going through all of this

Sheriv
12-11-2016, 07:26 PM
heres the nipple guy- I found it quick

it seems hes worth flying in for.
http://www.today.com/health/meet-tattoo-artist-making-breast-cancer-survivors-feel-whole-again-t48276

http://www.vinniemyersteam.com/

cajun897
12-11-2016, 07:31 PM
I will be praying brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MiSh
12-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Wish u Botha save ordeal
That must be rough for u
U been through things
Now wife
I hope everything relapses and turns out best
My prayeres to ur wife
And my sympathy for u
Rest Brotha
Stay focused and be positive

Tall Deck
12-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Hearing about this kind of thing is always terrible news. I had a family member who also fell victim to this recently, and while I will not even pretend to be able to relate to what you and your wife are going through right now, to a certain extent, I can partially relate to how devastating this type of news can be. My 55 yr old brother was diagnosed with prostate cancer 6 months ago, and I instructed him to go on vitamin B-17 tablets, (which you will NOT find in any healthfood stores nor pharmacies anywhere in the USA that I am aware of) and after him taking one 500mg tablet twice per day for four months, his cancer was/is gone as confirmed by before and after blood tests ordered by his medical doctor. These two vids I'm linking to here below are what got me started on vitamin B-17 for preventing and treating cancer, (which BTW is what the cancer drug in Europe "Laetrile" is made from). The first link is to a short vid only a couple minutes long, but the really good educational vid on this topic is what the second link is for, and that vid is 55 min long, but I think you'll find it well worth your time. it's an old vid but I believe the information is fantastic in it, and it still very much applies to today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyvSmhrlJwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeYMduufa-E

BTW, you can find numerous books on vitamin B-17 being used for treating cancer, as well as numerous sources on the net to buy it from overseas. So shop around. But I get the B-17 tablets from here... https://rawfoodandvitamins.com/vitaminshop/index.php/vitamin-b17-products.html I hope this helps you out

TouaregV8
12-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Thank you all for your support. It does suck, but we're going to get through it. I apologize it took me this long to respond. I lost track of this sub-forum since admin moved it.

heres the nipple guy- I found it quick

it seems hes worth flying in for.
http://www.today.com/health/meet-tattoo-artist-making-breast-cancer-survivors-feel-whole-again-t48276

http://www.vinniemyersteam.com/

Thank you for the info Sheri. She's considering both nipple tattooing or doing a nice colorful floral design across her breasts once the reconstruction is completed. I'm hoping that she goes for some type of pretty floral tattoo as opposed to tattooing fake nipples on, that seems silly to me. I mean, if they're not the real thing who do you think you are fooling? I'm having a really hard time knowing that she'll be losing her nipples...

She seems to be through the worst of it with her nails as they aren't getting any worse at this point. Just going to be a matter of time for them to grow out.

TouaregV8
12-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Hearing about this kind of thing is always terrible news. I had a family member who also fell victim to this recently, and while I will not even pretend to be able to relate to what you and your wife are going through right now, to a certain extent, I can partially relate to how devastating this type of news can be. My 55 yr old brother was diagnosed with prostate cancer 6 months ago, and I instructed him to go on vitamin B-17 tablets, (which you will NOT find in any healthfood stores nor pharmacies anywhere in the USA that I am aware of) and after him taking one 500mg tablet twice per day for four months, his cancer was/is gone as confirmed by before and after blood tests ordered by his medical doctor. These two vids I'm linking to here below are what got me started on vitamin B-17 for preventing and treating cancer, (which BTW is what the cancer drug in Europe "Laetrile" is made from). The first link is to a short vid only a couple minutes long, but the really good educational vid on this topic is what the second link is for, and that vid is 55 min long, but I think you'll find it well worth your time. it's an old vid but I believe the information is fantastic in it, and it still very much applies to today....

BTW, you can find numerous books on vitamin B-17 being used for treating cancer, as well as numerous sources on the net to buy it from overseas. So shop around. But I get the B-17 tablets from here... https://rawfoodandvitamins.com/vitaminshop/index.php/vitamin-b17-products.html I hope this helps you out

Thank you for the info, brother. Going to watch these videos with the wife later.

nwguy
12-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Thank you all for your support. It does suck, but we're going to get through it. I apologize it took me this long to respond. I lost track of this sub-forum since admin moved it.

Thank you for the info Sheri. She's considering both nipple tattooing or doing a nice colorful floral design across her breasts once the reconstruction is completed. I'm hoping that she goes for some type of pretty floral tattoo as opposed to tattooing fake nipples on, that seems silly to me. I mean, if they're not the real thing who do you think you are fooling? I'm having a really hard time knowing that she'll be losing her nipples...

She seems to be through the worst of it with her nails as they aren't getting any worse at this point. Just going to be a matter of time for them to grow out.

Better safe then sorry brother on having them removed. Mom opted to not have it all removed and doctors didn't get full amount. Well you know the rest.

I'm sorry she's having them removed but better safe then sorry.