PDA

View Full Version : Wife Catching Up

REHH
06-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Guess I need to step up my game....lol

gdawg
06-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Damn dude the traps are sweet . Not you hahaha . What's she running again?

REHH
06-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Damn dude the traps are sweet . Not you hahaha . What's she running again?

Yeah man she's starting to make me look bad in the gym. Gonna have to start giving her bunk gear, can't have this shit.
10mg var, 20mg test e wk

HughJassol
06-26-2016, 04:40 PM
lift together......stay together!

bignasty
06-26-2016, 04:41 PM

Agreed big man. My wife is my best lifting partner.

REHH
06-27-2016, 06:21 AM

We go to gym together but don't train together much because we're doing different routines, spot each other and sometimes squat and deadlift together but that's about it.

TripleOvertime
06-27-2016, 06:24 AM
She looks good. Nice work.

Dieseljimmy
06-27-2016, 06:39 AM
You two eat lean I bet.
When I took over the cooking 100 percent we both leaned out a bit.
Both looking tight and right

REHH
06-27-2016, 07:04 AM
You two eat lean I bet.
When I took over the cooking 100 percent we both leaned out a bit.
Both looking tight and right

Thanks
She's 50 and I'm 46, so much harder to stay in shape at this age. Were both plaqued by injuries and ailments too. We're eating cleaner than ever before for sure. I just cut from 230 to 218 and her from 132 to 125

REHH
06-27-2016, 07:27 AM
She looks good. Nice work.

Appreciate it

jerseydevil
06-27-2016, 08:34 AM
She's 50 and I'm 46, so much harder to stay in shape at this age.Wait until you are 60!

REHH
06-28-2016, 05:35 AM
Wait until you are 60!

Hope to still be lifting at 60, if my body can hold up that long. Guess your 60 JD? You look great.

jerseydevil
06-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Hope to still be lifting at 60, if my body can hold up that long. Guess your 60 JD? You look great.

Yes sir. Thank you. A few years ago I had to change my focus to longevity and not so much strength. It was forced due to a complete tear of the rotator cuff which required surgery and set me back over a year, plus a smaller tear in the other rotator cuff, and a torn labrum. I also have arthritis in both elbows, and I easily get bursitis in my shoulder joints. So I cut way back on total volume, lift mainly in the 12-20 rep range, dropped most barbell movements and focus more on form and controlling the weight. I also rely more on diet now, and I lift way more like a bodybuilder instead of a powerbuilder. In many ways I look better now then ever before, in other ways not so much, lol.

Mrsrobinson
06-28-2016, 11:49 AM
Guess I need to step up my game....lol

Way to GO :) your both looking great !!!

She's 50 & your 46 you say ? Smart lady :winkfinger:

REHH
06-29-2016, 05:12 PM
Way to GO :) your both looking great !!!

She's 50 & your 46 you say ? Smart lady :winkfinger:

Thank you Mrs R........

Your man younger too I assume...lol

heavyiron
07-01-2016, 09:19 AM
She looks great!

How long has she been training?

powrliftr220
07-01-2016, 09:49 AM

No way man. Old guys like us, we'll be 85 years old lifting little pink dumbells from the comfort of our wheelchairs. If you're 50 or 60 and still lifting, it's in your blood. We'll never quit until we're dead or until we literally physically can't move at all.

Of course I'm planning on a heart attack taking me out before any of that, lol.

REHH
07-04-2016, 11:44 AM
She looks great!

How long has she been training?

She's been weight training for over twenty years. We met at the Skydive center where I was an instructor about 15yrs ago. She came out with about 20 ppl from her corporate job. I immediately recognized she was a lifter. She was training then with Tim Allegretti who is now the strength coach at TDC MMA in chicago. He now trains Andre Arlovsky as well as several other UFC fighters. Brett Contreras is her trainer now, she just flew out to Arizona for one of his glute labs. She never took any aas of any kind until just over a year ago, more to help hold back the clock and help with injuries. Her trainers have all used basic powerlifting as the foundation of their training programs so she has good form and strength on PL lifts.

REHH
07-04-2016, 11:51 AM
No way man. Old guys like us, we'll be 85 years old lifting little pink dumbells from the comfort of our wheelchairs. If you're 50 or 60 and still lifting, it's in your blood. We'll never quit until we're dead or until we literally physically can't move at all.

Of course I'm planning on a heart attack taking me out before any of that, lol.

Man I hope so. Leg workouts are so hard for me these days, hips, knees and elbows give me fits. Been off deca for a few months and boy can I tell the difference, time to go back on....Probably just have to stay on maintenance dose of 125mgs yr round.

powrliftr220
07-05-2016, 03:37 PM
Man I hope so. Leg workouts are so hard for me these days, hips, knees and elbows give me fits. Been off deca for a few months and boy can I tell the difference, time to go back on....Probably just have to stay on maintenance dose of 125mgs yr round.

I hear you on that. My knees are terrible and so are my hips. Its so bad that i'm precariously close to being "that guy", you know, the guy who only does upper body. I hate the thought of it but squats are already out and even leg presses cause enough pain that I can only do those with light weight and even then I have to skip a week sometimes because my knees hurt so much. It sucks. My only saving grace is that I can still deadlift, thank god.

I started using deca a few months ago at 250mg a week just for that and it's helped some but not enough. I know some folks get great relief from it.

REHH
07-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I hear you on that. My knees are terrible and so are my hips. Its so bad that i'm precariously close to being "that guy", you know, the guy who only does upper body. I hate the thought of it but squats are already out and even leg presses cause enough pain that I can only do those with light weight and even then I have to skip a week sometimes because my knees hurt so much. It sucks. My only saving grace is that I can still deadlift, thank god.

I started using deca a few months ago at 250mg a week just for that and it's helped some but not enough. I know some folks get great relief from it.

Oh were on the same page. Legs press hurts my knees the most but squats hurt my hips. I can still squat but its tough, takes about 4 sets just warm up my hips. Reverse hacks and sliding leg press are easier for me, leg extension are not a problem either. Wife squated 215 today, she has great form and goes ass to grass. Her hips and knees are good, she has a lot of problems with wrists and elbows though.

REHH
08-25-2016, 06:13 PM
Gotta give the wife some props, she's got two coconuts for glutes now.....lol. The black guys in the gym are making comments and sending their girls over to ask her what she's doing, she has about 5 of em doing glute lab training after asking about her training program.

She's off everything, got bloodwork coming up in a few weeks with her endo. 5'3" 125. She set pr's on about every lift.
245 deadlift x 3
135 bench x 2
205 squat x 3
12 pull ups

Mrsrobinson
08-25-2016, 07:33 PM
Way to go Mrs. :clapping:
She looks awesome REHH !!!!
Is she going to run another after her endo visit ?

Padawan
08-25-2016, 07:56 PM
nice bro you both look awesome

REHH
08-26-2016, 06:02 PM
Way to go Mrs. :clapping:
She looks awesome REHH !!!!
Is she going to run another after her endo visit ?

Thanks Mrs R!

Yeah probably, see what the bloodwork shows, if all good I don't see why not. She's more for looks, longevity, hrt and not necessarily trying to get bigger or stronger. I give her the information on dosage range and length of run and she always chooses to stay at lower doses and stop early. I don't push anything on her. She trains very hard, not being biased but she trains harder than any other female in our gym and 5 or 6 of em compete at the local level. Her long work hours only allow 2-4 days a week training though, average 3.

nice bro you both look awesome

Thanks I appreciate!

TouaregV8
08-27-2016, 04:38 AM
Great job to the both of you, REHH. I love seeing older women that still have an ass. That's usually the age when they start to lose it and go completely flat back there. My wife has been out of the gym for about a month and a half due to her cancer treatment and I can already see that she is losing her butt. Props to your wife!

Skyman
08-27-2016, 09:38 AM
She's been weight training for over twenty years. We met at the Skydive center where I was an instructor about 15yrs ago. She came out with about 20 ppl from her corporate job. I immediately recognized she was a lifter. She was training then with Tim Allegretti who is now the strength coach at TDC MMA in chicago. He now trains Andre Arlovsky as well as several other UFC fighters. Brett Contreras is her trainer now, she just flew out to Arizona for one of his glute labs. She never took any aas of any kind until just over a year ago, more to help hold back the clock and help with injuries. Her trainers have all used basic powerlifting as the foundation of their training programs so she has good form and strength on PL lifts.

SDC? We may know some people in common. You still in the sport. Been slowly getting out. Just don't have the time to dedicate and not be dangerous.

DB Cooper

REHH
08-28-2016, 03:54 PM
SDC? We may know some people in common. You still in the sport. Been slowly getting out. Just don't have the time to dedicate and not be dangerous.

DB Cooper

No not SDC.

Yeah I understand completely, was very hard for me to give it up. Kept trying to come back but my neck was getting detroyed from hard openings. I originally fractured a neck vertebrae in a car accident but thousands of skydives took a very heavy toll!

Sent u a pm

REHH
08-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Great job to the both of you, REHH. I love seeing older women that still have an ass. That's usually the age when they start to lose it and go completely flat back there. My wife has been out of the gym for about a month and a half due to her cancer treatment and I can already see that she is losing her butt. Props to your wife!

Thanks a lot Big T, sincerely hope your wife makes a full recovery!!!

Skyman
08-28-2016, 05:06 PM
No not SDC.

Yeah I understand completely, was very hard for me to give it up. Kept trying to come back but my neck was getting detroyed from hard openings. I originally fractured a neck vertebrae in a car accident but thousands of skydives took a very heavy toll!

Sent u a pm

i have been hammered by hard openings a few times. Especially bad when I had a PC9 on my head. Strong 170 (copy of saber1) even had a pocket on slider and got my ass handed to me. Got a Big Air Sportz Lotus Max night and day difference in openings. Tried a Katana but to ground hungry and wasn't jumping enough to be proficient under that wing.

REHH
08-28-2016, 05:57 PM
i have been hammered by hard openings a few times. Especially bad when I had a PC9 on my head. Strong 170 (copy of saber1) even had a pocket on slider and got my ass handed to me. Got a Big Air Sportz Lotus Max night and day difference in openings. Tried a Katana but to ground hungry and wasn't jumping enough to be proficient under that wing.

The highest performance canopy at the time when I started was a PD sabre; I had a sabre 170. Funny how people were soo afraid of zero P fabric at that time. Then the Stiletto came out and u had to have 1,000 jumps just to demo one, started with a 150, then 135 and ended up with a 120. At the end was jumping a velocity 102, was a rocket ship with my 2.3:1 wing load. Man those were some good times. Witnessed some gruesome deaths and injuries though... lost some friends to the sport too, still losing em, had to go to another funeral this year.

Skyman
08-28-2016, 06:43 PM
The highest performance canopy at the time when I started was a PD sabre; I had a sabre 170. Funny how people were soo afraid of zero P fabric at that time. Then the Stiletto came out and u had to have 1,000 jumps just to demo one, started with a 150, then 135 and ended up with a 120. At the end was jumping a velocity 102, was a rocket ship with my 2.3:1 wing load. Man those were some good times. Witnessed some gruesome deaths and injuries though... lost some friends to the sport too, still losing em, had to go to another funeral this year.

i have lost a few as well. Lost one almost ten years ago at Perrine Bridge. These funerals are worse than family funerals. Never jumped a velo but got several friends that swear to them.

REHH
11-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Pic of the wife taken today, just her everyday shape, actually on vacation in Mexico and eating like a pig...lol. and she's been off everything but OTC supplements for 3+ months.

Not bad for 51yrs old.

Dannie
11-12-2016, 12:06 PM
At least she doesn't have to worry about PCT.

She looks fantastic and at 51, mindblowing.

REHH
11-12-2016, 01:20 PM
At least she doesn't have to worry about PCT.

She looks fantastic and at 51, mindblowing.

Thanks Dannie.
Seeing your post reminded me, she did start back on Pharmacom hgh couple weeks ago, 1iu bout 4x week. And she's a month in on the testosterone/estrogen pellet for hrt from her doc.