• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Chicago or no ?

zagan.13.cd

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I live in New Jersey and my girls parents want me to go. I work withher dad as a waiter in his party hall. He had to find a cover for me and all but now I see how paranoid they are and they don't want me lifting for the whole week because it's a bad area. Should I go or skip it.? I'm also on dnp and pee every 20 mins Max. Not sure if not lifting is worth it just to go to Chicago for a navy boot camp graduation. Guys advice?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I leave on 2 days so advice is necessary and sooooon

Who's the guy graduating? If it's not your friend I wouldn't go, fuck that

Who's the guy graduating? If it's not your friend I wouldn't go, fuck that
My girlfriends sister. So it's kinda big but I'm not really needed or a surprise. She could care less if I go to her graduation. It's mostly that my girl wants me to go and her family

Why do they think it's a bad idea that you lift for the week you're in Chicago? I'd go. It's just a week and Chicago is a fun place to visit. Plus it sounds like your gf and her parents want you to go. Either way, one week isn't a big deal.

I think u already know what u want to do..Do ur thang man..Chicago is a fun place...Anything to get out of jersey

Why do they think it's a bad idea that you lift for the week you're in Chicago? I'd go. It's just a week and Chicago is a fun place to visit. Plus it sounds like your gf and her parents want you to go. Either way, one week isn't a big deal.
Because the only thing they think of then you say Chicago is.. Gangs, murders, shooting, etc. So they aren't going to let me and my girlfriend lift. Plus a little wworried that they'll have to keep stopping every 30 mins for me

I think u already know what u want to do..Do ur thang man..Chicago is a fun place...Anything to get out of jersey
I want to go but being told what to eat. What to wear, when to lift isn't my thing. I would go if it was just me and my girl but now it's annoying with her entire family.

IML Gear Cream!
Fuck chicago. Chicago is too damn crazy.
Exactly I do t even know what things I would even do besides being under hotel arrest since I can't leave the hotel or lift or even walk around

I wouldn't be going anywhere someone is telling me what to do.
If you're a grown man that shit won't fly. At least for me anyway. There would be some hurt feelings after that trip.

Exactly I do t even know what things I would even do besides being under hotel arrest since I can't leave the hotel or lift or even walk around

Why can't you lift at the hotel? If you're going to a Navy graduation, you'll be in Great Lakes, which is up north. Nothing to worry about there. You can take the tram into the city during the day and have a good time. The south side and west side is where all the trouble is and you won't be close to that.

Why can't you lift at the hotel? If you're going to a Navy graduation, you'll be in Great Lakes, which is up north. Nothing to worry about there. You can take the tram into the city during the day and have a good time. The south side and west side is where all the trouble is and you won't be close to that.
That is very helpful. Thanks. That makes me want to go now cause I could go out and shit and unfortunately the hotel doesn't have a damn gym..

I wouldn't be going anywhere someone is telling me what to do.
If you're a grown man that shit won't fly. At least for me anyway. There would be some hurt feelings after that trip.
I'm the same way I already told my girl that I don't roll that way. I'm not trying to open my mouth and say something that will ruin their relationship with me.

This is my opinion, it means shit. But your girl wants you to go, so if you care for her then go. You are from Jersey, you will be fine in chi-town.

As far as her telling you, you can't lift, go out, etc. It's time to be a man and set that shit straight. You don't have to be crazy, or nasty to be alpha, but dam man you ain't sounding alpha saying all that shit. Can't lift because it's a bad area. Lol. You should see my gym I go to by my work. And I'm fine.

Get your shit together and man up.

Chicago is a big city. There are some rough areas but it ain't fucking Detroit bro. Lots of nice parts of Chicago. You have the Sears Tower, the John Hancock building. Wrigley Field. You're going to be amazed when you fly over the skyline. Lots of great food. You're going to eat well. I'd just lower the DNP and enjoy the city. But like adhome said you're going to be up in the Great Lakes area. Six Flags Great America is around there. You should definitely go there. If you go you're going to be glad you went trust me. Not being able to lift when I want would be tough for me though.

Yeah how old are you? What the fuck, someone else's parents "won't let you?" Jesus, I have nothing left to contribute here, I'll be damned if someone tries to tell me what I can't do...

Dude like people have said south and west chi are horrible but chicago is fun. Riding an amtrak through the south side was interesting. Btw fuck deep dish pizza.

All big cities have dangerous areas. That doesn't mean you don't visit. Just be cautious and be aware of your surroundings. Went to Chicago a few months ago for a weekend of shopping and eating with my woman and went to Detroit Thursday for GnR with some buddies. Great times and no incidents. Go and have fun bro. As far as working out, just buy a months membership for 50 bucks and use it for the week. If you tell them up front your on vacation they may even cut you a deal.

Get Shredded!
Yeah how old are you? What the fuck, someone else's parents "won't let you?" Jesus, I have nothing left to contribute here, I'll be damned if someone tries to tell me what I can't do...
I'm 21. This is mostly about respect. I'm the good boyfriend. They like me and they are just looking out for me. I'm sure I can do what I want but they will be against it and I feel like they won't like me as much if I talk back and not follow. But im going to have to do it.

Just tell em, look. I know what you're saying but working out is important to me and I'm going to do it. It will be middle of the daytime and tons of people are already doing it, it's not the purge out there. Or id stay home. And Great Lakes isn't even a bad city, you aren't in south side chicago

Just tell em, look. I know what you're saying but working out is important to me and I'm going to do it. It will be middle of the daytime and tons of people are already doing it, it's not the purge out there. Or id stay home. And Great Lakes isn't even a bad city, you aren't in south side chicago
Yes that's true. Fuck It. I guess I'm going! Either they will respect me for standing up and showing them my priorities or they we t like it. Either ways I'm working out and going to Chicago to fuck that. Thanks man you're right

Bro, you are young but you will learn as you grow and find yourself as a man. You do not have to please everyone. Define yourself, this does not mean being disrespectful, but rather being a leader, independent, your own man. If you make smart decisions people will value you and respect you more. Don't just be a people pleaser. I wish I learned this as a younger man.

So basically you dont want to do things with family?

Good luck with that.

My wife went to a convention in Chicago this year and she had a blast around town.

You need to learn how to enjoy life.

So basically you dont want to do things with family?

Good luck with that.

My wife went to a convention in Chicago this year and she had a blast around town.

You need to learn how to enjoy life.
Not exactly. I like hanging out with her family and going out to eat and anything. I just have to hit the gym. I've been busting my ass lately. Even hitting the gym at 4am_5am before work or at 1am after work. I've been going no matter what. I don't want to just stop for one whole week because they are paranoid about nothing.

If anything do some csrdio while your there or sn asd losd of deimming at the hotel

If being in the gym is that important then you need to tell your girlfriend so she knows the truth.

If you want to go, go, and lift whenever you feel like it. Chicago is a cool city. Just ask jimbo..

I'm not seeing the dilemma here, free food/experience/covered at work = profit. Nut up

Back