• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Trying to loose weight, but gaining still

JasonK94Z

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Had a rude awakening a couple of months ago when I stepped on the scale. I'm 6'4", 41 yrs old. I usually always weighed around 235 lbs. I hadn't worked out in over 10 yrs. was eating like crap. A lot of fast food, junk food, etc. 2 months ago, I step on a scale and boom! I'm 250.

In a panic, I immediately stop fast food, no Coca Cola every day, no more little Debbie's, crackers, etc.
I'm on a strict diet of chicken, fish, lean beef, veggies, and protein shakes, lots of water.

I'm working out 5 days a week in the gym. Lifting heavy. Chest day, biceps/triceps day, leg day, and shoulder/back day, abs all those days too.
6 days a week I walk as fast as I possibly can on the treadmill with an incline for 30 minutes. 3.5 mph, 1.5 incline, heart rate around 148 bpm.

I'll be damned if I haven't gained weight since then. I'm 260 now! My 36" pants are still snug on my waste like before.

Myfitnesspal app logs everyday end up around 2000 cals.

What gives here? WTF? I'm at a loss here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
less carbs, decrease your total daily caloric intake.

How do you look compared to when you started back lifting the scale can be a shity thing use a mirror instead.

less carbs, decrease your total daily caloric intake.

So the macros on the app for carbs, fat, and protein. What percentage goals for each?

How do you look compared to when you started back lifting the scale can be a shity thing use a mirror instead.

Arms, chest, shoulders, and legs bigger. They are waking back up and returning to what they were back when I was bustin butt in the gym back then. I guess muscle memory?
I just need to lose the belly. It's gone down some. Seems distended to me.

check out the diet section a bunch of good info

Forgot to add - I'm on TRT. Testosterone levels cruise around 900.

So the macros on the app for carbs, fat, and protein. What percentage goals for each?

This. I wouldnt lower less than 2k calories. I would guess lower carbs and higher fat. Also dont work your abs daily.

e904fd7ea4a7e4e559d1ce7c4a3d79ca.jpg

An example of my macro.

IML Gear Cream!
Drop carbs to 100g/day, raise protein and fats to put you around 2100-2200 a day to start.

Drop carbs to 100g/day, raise protein and fats to put you around 2100-2200 a day to start.

Will do. There goes my oatmeal. It was Quaker instant raisins and spice anyways. 2 packets, 64 g carbs lol

I dropped my carbs to 150 a day.... lunch, pre, and post workout. It helped lean me up quick.

Thanks. I'm going to try it out. Seems like everything good has carbs lol. I used to love pigging out on goldfish crackers. Haven't touched any in two months.

This. I wouldnt lower less than 2k calories. I would guess lower carbs and higher fat. Also dont work your abs daily.

Why not work abs daily?

My experience and im same age and also hung around 230 range. Anyway i notice when i eat 5-6 meals a day pretty clean not perfect but just over 2000 calsi loose weight till i get to 214 then level out. If i only eat 3-4 times a day clean about same amount of cals i gain weight. Pretty sure its the starvation mode thing at that point. I carb cycle to now. Lifting days i eat complex carbs till about 2pm then 1.5hrs before workout. Non lift days just a half cup of old fashioned oatmeal with breakfast. Just how my body works. Play around with stuff give it a few weeks see how you do. I stopped count macros fucking shit drove me nuts. Also ptotien and healthy fats for late afternoon/ evening inplace of carbs.

Try some HIIT cardio. 6 meals a day will keep your metabolism active. Eat smaller meals 6 times and play with your carbs. Timing can make things start the furnace. Am higher carbs and dropping the amount of carb intake through the day. The scale is not the best way to tell if your losing fat or not. The mirror won't lie.

This is where I screw up. I'm on the 3 big meals a day. Sometimes I miss breakfast all together. Always worked ok until lately.
Time to wake up earlier and kick my metabolism in gear.

Again thank you everyone. I feel like there's hope yet.

Its a muscle and needs rest. Your core gets worked daily anyways. Yes eat 6x a day.... keep the metabolism moving.

Thanks. You've been a great help to me this evening. I really appreciate your time.

Get Shredded!
Don’t be hungry. The most common mistake when starting a low carb diet: Reducing carb intake while still being afraid of fat. The problem is that carbs and fat are the body’s two main energy sources. Eating when hungry also implies something else: If you’re not hungry you probably don’t need to eat yet. When on a LCHF diet you can trust your feelings of hunger and satiety again. Feel free to eat as many times per day that works best for you.

Some people eat three times a day and occasionally snack in between (note that frequent snacking could mean that you’d benefit from adding fat to your meals, to increase satiety). Some people only eat once or twice a day and never snack. Whatever works for you. Just eat when you’re hungry.

hope to help you

It's normal to gain weight if your calories don't change but you start lifting. If inshow d you pictures of 4 years ago... Figured I'd drop down to 160... Went up to 180 from 175. Fuck today I weighed 199. 5'7". Look in the mirror. If you lifting right and eating right the scale doesn't mean shit.

Back