• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Rotator cuff peeps...step inside

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Tell me what you do in the gym. I'm a bit lost.

I was gonna keep quiet but really...I'm pretty depressed in the gym.
Torn supraspinatus, torn bicep tendon...possibly a torn labrum. ...and a lecture about other poop while I was there. I'm keeping entertained by the step mill and therapy pool (bicycle and flutter kicks..cuz fuck it) . My bicep is the size of a peanut. I have a month to rehab or we start talking going under the knife.

Give me ideas

Just stand around and spat broscience.

How did you get so fucked up?

Idk man...now it's both shoulders but other side wss ac joint.
I'm thinking about inventing some fatastical bull riding or motorcycle racing story or something ...

I need ideas to work on back that doesn't involve my left arm. I can't lift it much beyond 70 degrees

Tell me what you do in the gym. I'm a bit lost.

I was gonna keep quiet but really...I'm pretty depressed in the gym.
Torn supraspinatus, torn bicep tendon...possibly a torn labrum. ...and a lecture about other poop while I was there. I'm keeping entertained by the step mill and therapy pool (bicycle and flutter kicks..cuz fuck it) . My bicep is the size of a peanut. I have a month to rehab or we start talking going under the knife.

Give me ideas

Fuck dude, I'm sorry. I thought I tore my labrum once but I just strained it. I couldn't lift ten pounds. That's how bad it was. Someone here once told me not to underestimate shoulder injuries...

I've been dealing with cubital and carpal tunnel surgery recovery in left arm on feb 26th and right arm last week much less sever than yours but I've been out of the gym since then. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. The first month was the worst for me its the longest i was out of the gym in yrs. I did focus on cardio and legs a lot since that all i could do but even that got old in a hurry. I wish there was a solid answer other than the obvious don't risk further injury and good luck.

Fuck dude, I'm sorry. I thought I tore my labrum once but I just strained it. I couldn't lift ten pounds. That's how bad it was. Someone here once told me not to underestimate shoulder injuries...

Yeah..I underestimated it which is how I really fucked it up. I can do the internal and external rotation exercises with like 8-10 lbs but that's it...I've tried a couple other rotator cuff exercises and I either flat out can't do it or its excruciating.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been dealing with cubital and carpal tunnel surgery recovery in left arm on feb 26th and right arm last week much less sever than yours but I've been out of the gym since then. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. The first month was the worst for me its the longest i was out of the gym in yrs. I did focus on cardio and legs a lot since that all i could do but even that got old in a hurry. I wish there was a solid answer other than the obvious don't risk further injury and good luck.

Yeah I'm super sorry. This shit all sucks

Sorry to hear it. I've had shoulder injury for a couple years now. I need to go to the doc but I'm scared of what the results will be = no gym = being depressed. My kicks my butt on chest day. Everything else I can live with.

Good luck I hope you get it sorted.

I can lift like ...a gallon of milk after not being able to since december. ..the pain got to me though and I finally went in.

I can lift like ...a gallon of milk after not being able to since december. ..the pain got to me though and I finally went in.

That's the right thing to do. My right pec is smaller then the left side because of it.

What's the plan? Surgery?

This much worst than my shoulder injury. I just had a torn rotator. Just go under the knife and get it over with.
I agree been under twice for shoulder only took me 6 weeks rehab at 8 weeks started very light lifting

IML Gear Cream!
Left bicep...it's a third of the size of the right...the difference previously wss neglible. The plan for now was cortisone to control inflammation for the supraspinatus and presumed labrum..nothing on the bicep tendon because it has palpable ..bits...for lack of a better word and he's worried it will rupture fully with cortisone, rounder the clock anti inflammatories. So..try to rebuild strength and ROM ...if it's not appreciably better in the next month we start talking about surgery pro and cons..because there is always cons

I'm surprised you're swimming sher?? Or did I misunderstand hydro therapy (probably..)

I can't swim no..I mean I can with one arm but mainly because I swim like a fish anyway..but no..I'm just resting on the therapy pool ledge and bar and doing flutter kicks in the pool and bicycles to stay moving with some resistance...we just changed back to the health club we belonged to so the equipment is all different and I'm a bit lost for even leg machines

Spend 1k on a decent road bike and a pair of cleats and take up cycling for 6 months until some of your injuries heal while doing some rehab and flexibility workouts a couple times a week. I doubt you will loose much muscle mass, but you will definitely get lean and physically fit.
IMO with your built you could excel at triathlon... that is if you could swim.

cannondale-synapse-alloy-105-5-disc-2016-road-bike-blue-EV239410-5000-1.jpg

Regardless of your decision, minimum twice in a day you should take low carb protein isolate and aminoacids BCAA, and also pre-workout complex.

Last edited:
Spend 1k on a decent road bike and a pair of cleats and take up cycling for 6 months until some of your injuries heal while doing some rehab and flexibility workouts a couple times a week. I doubt you will loose much muscle mass, but you will definitely get lean and physically fit.

Regardless of your decision, minimum twice in a day you should take low carb protein isolate and aminoacids BCAA, and also pre-workout complex.

Lol@that last bit.

Mmm..to lean out I'm doing shit no one would approve of.

Maybe I say fuck it and stop throwing weights for good.
Triathlons could be a thing if this shit gets better or gets fixed.

Lol@that last bit.

Mmm..to lean out I'm doing shit no one would approve of.

Maybe I say fuck it and stop throwing weights for good.
Triathlons could be a thing if this shit gets better or gets fixed.

I have done triathlons. I'm a great swimmer decent biker and terrible runner.. I always got passed on foot. I can't do them anymore but loved doing them. You should give it a shot for sure!

My dad has had the surgery twice it went well both times.. He did 6 mons gh also the second time and said rehab went much better and faster.

I got nothing as far as the gym goes though..

I know how it is I fuckered up my shoulder doing close grip bench about a month ago and haven't seen a doc yet the only thing I can't do is bench normal weight .
I'm hoping it will fix itself with time.

Oh damn this sucks , i started having this weird pain in my shoulder that is getting progressively worse, when i do incline bench press now im starting to get worried.. Does glucosamen hel?

I have done triathlons. I'm a great swimmer decent biker and terrible runner.. I always got passed on foot. I can't do them anymore but loved doing them. You should give it a shot for sure!

My dad has had the surgery twice it went well both times.. He did 6 mons gh also the second time and said rehab went much better and faster.

I got nothing as far as the gym goes though..

Yeah..he wanted to give the cortisone a go first...probably more to do with insurance than anything.
I started back up this weekend on gh

I'm stumped for the gym too *sigh*

Same for me with biking and swimming...and running..lol

Get Shredded!
I was literally in pain for 1 year and 5 months with a rotator cuff injury. I kept a training diary the entire time. Basically I spent several days reading about prehab exercises for it and then spoke to a guy who helped rehabilitate people from the injury. I did the exercises religiously before my training session. I woke up in pain just from rolling over in bed during that entire time. It was horrible. Then one day I woke up and no pain. It was unreal.

I used a lot of rHGH during that time and did all the rotator cuff exercises and it finally just paid off. Now I'm super anal about form and never stressing it again. It was a long road but I dodged surgery. I would try to strengthen the rotator cuff before getting surgery if there's a chance it could work. If the doc says no way then obviously its the knife.

Oh also, I could not flat bench for 18 months. It seriously stressed it so some exercises you may have to just dump for good. Lateral raises with any moderate to heavy weight was not even possible either. I would hold a 5 lb weight in my hand to do laterals. LOL

No such thing as a decent 1k road bike.

Oh also, I could not flat bench for 18 months. It seriously stressed it so some exercises you may have to just dump for good. Lateral raises with any moderate to heavy weight was not even possible either. I would hold a 5 lb weight in my hand to do laterals. LOL

Yeah he told me to dump over head movements for good already and to knock it off with any heavier weight delt raises. The cortisone has helped with like maybe 75% of the pain but the bicep tendon is killing me still...I'm a side sleeper and now I'm like alternating between shoulders to keep pain down because they both suck for different injuries.
I wish I could fully raise my arm.

I have had a serious torn up rotator cuff. 2 small tears and 1 complete separation. My injuries were from motocross and 3 broken collar bones during my spills. My doctor did MRI on my shoulder and recommended surgery to fix the tendons. I have a ton of issues in the gym and work around the injury. Flat bench is non existent unless I want a sleepless night. I am still weighing the pro's and con's. Doc says it may not be better than it is now after surgery, it is likely a 1 year recovery and I cannot work on my car, job or lhjo for a long time. I am mostly worried about 1 year recovery and LHJO. My chest has suffered because chest day is light weight and once it stars popping and clicking the pain says I'm done.

good luck with recovery. ART did help a little but was short lived. He could not get my delt to fire and said get the surgery done. I'm still in limbo.

Long story short. Torn bicep (repaired) and bad shoulder. Light rope face pulls really help build up strength and flexibility. I warm up with them all the time. Stress light

Back