• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Two points lower hematocrit

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Donating double reds lowered hematocrit by two full points.

Just sharing to expand the knowledge base.

That's great. But I wonder which is better... double reds and only being able to donate once every 16 weeks, or standard donation and being able to donate every 8 weeks. It might be a wash.

Only thing I tracked recently (this month) is hemoglobin. Mine tested 17.5 at time of regular blood donation and tested 16.7 by LabsMD two days later. So almost a one point drop doing regular blood donation.

But you are talking hematocrit, so that is a different animal all together.

That's great. But I wonder which is better... double reds and only being able to donate once every 16 weeks, or standard donation and being able to donate every 8 weeks. It might be a wash.
I have thought about this too. It bothers me that I would have to wait 16 weeks. If I knew it would be better I would do it but until I know for sure I stick with regular donations every 8 weeks.

Only thing I tracked recently (this month) is hemoglobin. Mine tested 17.5 at time of regular blood donation and tested 16.7 by LabsMD two days later. So almost a one point drop doing regular blood donation.

But you are talking hematocrit, so that is a different animal all together.

I can't get my hemoglobin passed 12

I have a script, that allows me to donate more often.

Regular whole blood donation drops my hematocrit 2.7 points and my RBC 0.7 points. On a cruise dose of 160-175mgs test cyp per week it takes about 8 weeks for my body to regain those lost points.

I have a script, that allows me to donate more often.

How often are you allowed to donate? I've gotten a CBC done every two weeks for the last three months straight. Armed with this I was able to obtain a script for whole blood every five weeks this morning after some debate with the doctor. I thought every four weeks would be better.

IML Gear Cream!
Just to be clear, this second test was 2.5 weeks past double red donation, so the red blood cells had some time to return, and there was still a two point decrease. Hemoglobin decrease was only about half a point.

The effect may have been greater immediately after donating, but that does not tell us as much as testing almost three weeks later.

Regular whole blood donation drops my hematocrit 2.7 points and my RBC 0.7 points. On a cruise dose of 160-175mgs test cyp per week it takes about 8 weeks for my body to regain those lost points.
Is this immediately after donating, or do you allow some time to pass? I ask because your answer would make it easier to compare our results.

Just to be clear, this second test was 2.5 weeks past double red donation, so the red blood cells had some time to return, and there was still a two point decrease. Hemoglobin decrease was only about half a point.

The effect may have been greater immediately after donating, but that does not tell us as much as testing almost three weeks later.

I obtained CBCs at two weeks, four weeks and six weeks post donation. Hematocrit and hemoglobin dropped as i described (2.7 & .7 respectively) at weeks two and weeks four (almost the same as week two) and fully recovered to pre-donation levels by week six.

I obtained CBCs at two weeks, four weeks and six weeks post donation. Hematocrit and hemoglobin dropped as i described (2.7 & .7 respectively) at weeks two and weeks four (almost the same as week two) and fully recovered to pre-donation levels by week six.
This is why some guys donate to two different places . . .

Back