PDA

View Full Version : Normal testosterone levels for women?

dadbod01
06-21-2016, 08:11 AM
What is a normal testosterone level for a woman in her mid-thirties? My wife has been having a low sex drive, and feeling lethargic. Her doctor checked her testosterone level and it came back 14 ng/dl her doctor said that is in range and normal. She is going to get another doctor's opinion. What other levels need to be checked, other hormones, thyroid?

GearGoddess
06-21-2016, 08:22 AM
I would check estrogen, progesterone as well as thyroid. Has she ran a cycle and now off? Birth control?

As for normal levels... depending on her menstrual cycle phase... she should fall in between 15-50 range I believe... for a woman in her 30's

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

dadbod01
06-21-2016, 08:27 AM
I would check estrogen, progesterone as well as thyroid. Has she ran a cycle and now off? Birth control?

As for normal levels... depending on her menstrual cycle phase... she should fall in between 15-50 range I believe... for a woman in her 30's

She has never ran a cycle, and hasn't had birth control since the tubes were tied 5 years ago.

Her libido has just been very, very low for a while now, and just general lethargy. She will still "take one for the team", so to speak. But says she just has no desire at all for herself.

REHH
06-22-2016, 04:39 PM
20mg test E a week with a slin pin and she'll be wanting u to break out all the toys and get wild....lol

GearGoddess
06-23-2016, 11:26 AM
20mg test E a week with a slin pin and she'll be wanting u to break out all the toys and get wild....lol
Based on her age. I wouldn't go the test route yet. Bloods would be the priority. For a female who is older and menopausal or post menopause, then definately, 10-20mg of test can be very beneficial to their overall well being.

dadbod01
06-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Based on her age. I wouldn't go the test route yet. Bloods would be the priority. For a female who is older and menopausal or post menopause, then definately, 10-20mg of test can be very beneficial to their overall well being.

She has an appointment with a different doctor next week. She will be asking for a full female panel hormone blood work. Something like this.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160623/f15556f90a47a45f1455774a0aeaeed7.jpg
Based on what we've seen so far, her test level does seem low. But we are trying to get to the bottom of this and see if there's something else going on. All of my needs get met, she just hasn't felt like herself for a while.

GearGoddess
06-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Yes it will give her a better idea. How's her diet? Training? Any meds she's currently on?

dadbod01
06-23-2016, 12:12 PM
Yes it will give her a better idea. How's her diet? Training? Any meds she's currently on?

She's not nearly as motivated in the diet and training department as I am, but has seen me make a lot of progress in the past year or two and really wants to change things.
Diet is 75% clean, a lot of fruits and veggies and then 25% dirty, from eating out. Recently started trying to eat gluten free. She has migraine headaches and thought gluten may be a trigger, not sure it is but she says she feels better eating this way. I'm trying to be supportive but it's a pain in my ass.[emoji2]
Training is just a couple of body pump classes a week and a day or two of light cardio.
Only meds she's on is Imitrex a couple of times a month for migraines.