• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

I need anger management

Sheriv

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So..I'm making part of a wiring harness for a car (audi) and the crimpers I have are just terrible...they're supposed to be the right kind the little metal bits that fit into the plastic plugs but they are just terrible.
Anyway..I'm trying to crimp these metal ends on so I can lock the wires into place in the plastic connectors but it's just fucking up over and over again.

I drop one of the metal ends (because it wasn't crimped right) somewhere in the general vicinity of behind the engine..who knows where and just totally lost my shit and whipped the crimpers into the woods.
Now I'm a connection short and have NO crimpers to do this...and I hurt the shit out of my shoulder cuz it's fucked whipping the crimpers.

Waiting to see if the hubs can find any of the right style ends at work and an auto crimper..other wise I'm soldering this bitch and shrink tubing it all gdi
I really wanted to be able to disconnect this tho if I wanted to.

Another fine mess I've gotten myself into.

Please make me feel better by telling me the stupid ways you've thrown a temper tantrum thus fucking yourself I er more.

P.s. all of the wires are cut on this branch of the car so unless I strip wires and twirl enda..it isn't moving..yey!

Haha best rant ever. I have no sound advice or no story. This is epic.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

you can crimp with the cutting edge of needle nose or line pliers, just don't be an animal. (crimp, don't cut)....:coffee:

I think my best car story is being stuck under a c6 transmission from a full size ford bronco once...
I shouldn't have been doing it by myself but I'm impatient
And the piston like leaked in the tranny jack...so I like freak and get under it as its like rolling off the jack so it doesn't crack the aluminum housing galling and I wound up stuck under the thing. And furious..I was kicking the floor of the truck for like 20 minutes yelling.
And it was like soft ...not a fast fall so I was hurt..just stuck..

I hated that truck.

you can crimp with the cutting edge of needle nose or line pliers, just don't be an animal. (crimp, don't cut)....:coffee:

These are the rolly lookin ends....I have some super fine electrical needle nose I think will work but will take nine times as long...
I'm stuck until hubs grabs ends or I order new ones. I'd kill for a radio shack right now *sigh*

I think my best car story is being stuck under a c6 transmission from a full size ford bronco once...
I shouldn't have been doing it by myself but I'm impatient
And the piston like leaked in the tranny jack...so I like freak and get under it as its like rolling off the jack so it doesn't crack the aluminum housing galling and I wound up stuck under the thing. And furious..I was kicking the floor of the truck for like 20 minutes yelling.
And it was like soft ...not a fast fall so I was hurt..just stuck..

I hated that truck.

Oh..I weighed like 140lbs at the time..like a size 3...and I'm pretty sure the transmission weighed more than me..I'm not sure tho. A friend found me like an hr and a half later..by the time I had accepted my fate of being slowly pressed to death by a transmission

radio shack...I hated that store right up until they were the only store to have what I needed. do you have a graingers near you?...:coffee:

Oh..I weighed like 140lbs at the time..like a size 3...and I'm pretty sure the transmission weighed more than me..I'm not sure tho. A friend found me like an hr and a half later..by the time I had accepted my fate of being slowly pressed to death by a transmission

Lost a semi friend this way in high school, no one found him in time..:(...:coffee:

IML Gear Cream!
Fuck radio shack and their overpriced crap. No wonder they are going under. Try Harbor Freight maybe?

There is a grainger not far from a harbor freight. .idk..these things are really small.

I bet hubs work has it because they make a lot of electrical crap for initiators/circuit boards etc. It's like I said..worst case scenario I solder this crap..
I have a new battery operated soldering iron that hopefully isn't a pos

Harbor Freight is dirt cheap but she will wing 3 pair in to the woods for a 12 wire harness, cheap price, even cheaper tools, she will need rotator cuff surgery after that....:coffee:

Lost a semi friend this way in high school, no one found him in time..:(...:coffee:

Jesus..that's awful.
I can see it though...the muscles in your torso get really sore trying to breathe. I was like wedged ...now I go higher and secure the stupid tranmission to the jack if I have to be messing with clutches or whatever.

Cars aren't too bad..they don't weigh nearly as much

and to think honeybear won't even put gas in her car....:coffee:

Harbor Freight is dirt cheap but she will wing 3 pair in to the woods for a 12 wire harness, cheap price, even cheaper tools, she will need rotator cuff surgery after that....:coffee:

I'm more screwed for the type of connectors...they're the kind you need like tweezer type tools to unlock from the plastic harness connectors. Cars are loaded with them and vw/audi uses tiny ones.

- - - Updated - - -

and to think honeybear won't even put gas in her car....:coffee:

I didn't for a few yrs ..hubs always did it. But I always fixed them or did maintenance on em

I love it when Sheri talks about turning wrenches. It excites me .

I know the sta-cons you are referring to, I have lost my mind on them before, once saying fuck it, cut them and wire nutted around the plastic snap thing. not one of my finer moments...:coffee:

I know the sta-cons you are referring to, I have lost my mind on them before, once saying fuck it, cut them and wire nutted around the plastic snap thing. not one of my finer moments...:coffee:

Yeah
..I lost my shit because they won't roll right.
I found the crimpers..I don't throw very far because of said bad shoulder.
Now I have no ends because hubs took em to work to match em up because I'm short one

- - - Updated - - -

The only real problem I see is that you're working on an Audi.

I'm replacing an engine or a head (but probably an engine) in a volvo next month

Get Shredded!
I've tried uploading a pic of this mess like 6 times .

It's gonna rain ..I give up for today

Moving on to a vodka anything...

So..I'm making part of a wiring harness for a car (audi) and the crimpers I have are just terrible...they're supposed to be the right kind the little metal bits that fit into the plastic plugs but they are just terrible.
Anyway..I'm trying to crimp these metal ends on so I can lock the wires into place in the plastic connectors but it's just fucking up over and over again.

I drop one of the metal ends (because it wasn't crimped right) somewhere in the general vicinity of behind the engine..who knows where and just totally lost my shit and whipped the crimpers into the woods.
Now I'm a connection short and have NO crimpers to do this...and I hurt the shit out of my shoulder cuz it's fucked whipping the crimpers.

Waiting to see if the hubs can find any of the right style ends at work and an auto crimper..other wise I'm soldering this bitch and shrink tubing it all gdi
I really wanted to be able to disconnect this tho if I wanted to.

Another fine mess I've gotten myself into.

Please make me feel better by telling me the stupid ways you've thrown a temper tantrum thus fucking yourself I er more.

I ended up soldering when I installed my car stereo.

Anyways, never thrown crumpets but I've smashed keyboards "hulk smash" and mice before.

I once was smashing boxes at work with a hammer in a rage and missed the box and hit my shin just to the side of my knee and that ducker swelled up. I think I popped the bursa sac (it may not be the right name) and it drained all down my leg. Not sexy. Not at all.

Feel better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little better.

Hubs doesn't have ends that match. .I'm either soldering or ordering more ends. He does have the right crimpers tho.
Futility ftw!

I always notice a c clip right after I mushroom the hell out of something. It's amazing how strong those things are.

The favorite tool in my arsenal...
ebb01c8e3b67d74810750db3cc62391e.jpg

Lol

Idk how I don't have a scar but I once impaled the webbing for my thumb on a piece of torn sheet metal trying to break a bolt loose..

Only thing anyone had in their tool box was those knuckle bandages..lol

Butt end connectors for the win. Red ones for what your doing.

Noway. I'll solder it and shrink tube it. I'm not butt splicing a coil harness

Back