PDA

View Full Version : How to convince the wife?

bigtime916
05-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Shes 43 now and shes tired all the time, sex drive has fallen off a bit and she gets night sweats. Ive been trying to get her to go see the doc but she doesnt think "shes old enough" to have the issues. Any good videos or info that I could show her to get her on the right track? Ive offered to inject B12 but she doesnt like that idea either.
Stats are
5'4
120 lbs.

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 07:56 AM
Mine came to me. You really can't force a woman. But Im my wifes dietician & trainer. When mine was getting the same issues I told her that it had to be a hormone issue but without blood work to diagnose nothing could be done. Once she saw it for herself on her own bloodwork she wanted it fixed.

bigtime916
05-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Mine came to me. You really can't force a woman. But Im my wifes dietician & trainer. When mine was getting the same issues I told her that it had to be a hormone issue but without blood work to diagnose nothing could be done. Once she saw it for herself on her own bloodwork she wanted it fixed.
Yea I'm going to set labs up. Do you know the best test for her to take? Is it still a female hormone panel? I think she's just stuck on the I'm not old enough to have those issues. Maybe she's not I dunno but I hate seeing her exhausted with less desire. Labs won't lie.

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 08:19 AM
bare min this one
Female Hormone Optimization Checkup

Description:

Includes:
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate
Estradiol
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I)
Progesterone
Testosterone, Free (Direct) With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Thyroxine Free (FT4)
Tri-iodothyronine Free, Serum (FT3)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy

JimmyMcFistacuff
05-19-2016, 08:26 AM

^^This....

They have to realize on their own or your fighting an uphill battle. Mine was like that. She thought I was trying to trick her into doing something that I wanted her to do. Dr. tested her, Im not sure if it was a female HP. I would assume thats correct. Maybe one of the females on here can help.

He gave he a prescription for test lozenges, wife doesn't like shots. Used some of the topical as well. it seemed to help while she was on.. HOpe that helps, good luck.

Mrsrobinson
05-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Yea I'm going to set labs up. Do you know the best test for her to take? Is it still a female hormone panel? I think she's just stuck on the I'm not old enough to have those issues. Maybe she's not I dunno but I hate seeing her exhausted with less desire. Labs won't lie.

Big time, She is DEFINATELY old enough. We can start peri meno in our 30's. I started right at 40, the sweats, harder to lose weight, ALWAYS totally exhausted, grouchy, hair loss, heavy cycles, missed cycles. Then stopped altogether by 45. Like Hugh was saying, have her get bloods if you can. I didn't find any help at ALL from any of my doctors, NADA, so you might have to look into it for yourselves. If I had to do it over again, I might try the bio identical hormone route. Hang in there :winkfinger:

GearGoddess
05-19-2016, 12:06 PM
I would simply tell her that you are concerned about her quality of life and we'll being... women go through many changes starting in their 30's so it's time for her to see what's weighing her down... I'm sure she wants to be happy and full of life again...

I also say... get her blood work done asap

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Rot-Iron66
05-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Shes 43 now and shes tired all the time, sex drive has fallen off a bit and she gets night sweats. Ive been trying to get her to go see the doc but she doesnt think "shes old enough" to have the issues. Any good videos or info that I could show her to get her on the right track? Ive offered to inject B12 but she doesnt like that idea either.
Stats are
5'4
120 lbs.

43 is much too young. My wife is 5' 2" and 112 lbs at age 50 (almost) and is a gym rat. I think she has high test for a woman, cause she's horny.
We've been dating sinice 1983 (age 16) married since 1989. Her stats at age 16 were 5' 2", 112 lbs. Fitness plan and a low dose test inject may help her... Women need test too you know..

Primo100
05-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Stats are
5'4
120 lbs.

Lots of good reply's here but I will take a stab in the dark. She won't take B12, so I assume talking to her about low dose T from your stash is verboten. But you are on the right track. Women are very complex, so have her GP do a full blood panel. Could be thyroid, could me a dozen things. We are men, give us T and that might not be the cure but fuck it, we are happier.

Now you have the workup and it is nothing serious, your strategy on B12 is right one. Get her to get a script for home injections. You will be so kind to do them. load it with 25 mg of test C and the B12. An invisible amount. Watch the change.

Now if she is low T from the doc, press the compound pharmacy pellet surgery about $500 in the US, they will give her 6 months of low release progesterone, T, and E. Doctor ordered for her. That is the best.

I hope that helps.

Slevinsbrother
05-24-2016, 04:46 AM
Rub on test in a "fatloss" lotion works.

Truly Blessed.

surfpipe
05-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Women are funny like that. They seem to push back when you try to help or make suggestions, but when they are ready they will come to you for help. Someone once told me "men are like dogs, women are like cats." Fucking genius!

GearGoddess
05-24-2016, 10:23 AM
Women are funny like that. They seem to push back when you try to help or make suggestions, but when they are ready they will come to you for help. Someone once told me "men are like dogs, women are like cats." Fucking genius!
Yea... sometimes we want to make it as if it was our idea... most times, we don't like being told what to do. Hehehe... we can be stubborn like that ;)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bigtime916
05-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Well she's all into now and wants testing. Looks like I'll be adding her to my private labs.com account lol. Hope we can find some time next week.

BTC
05-30-2016, 12:34 PM
Your lady needs thyroid meds. Not fucking synthroid either. She also needs a thyroid ultrasound and adrenal testing done. People get 25-50% of the tests done they need done because they listen to someone who doesnt know wtf they are talking about which is usually some "bro" or their idiot doctor.

B12
Vit D
Adrenal swabs
Cortisol
Free T3
Total T3
Reverse T3
T3 uptake
iron/ferritin
E2
free and total test
Magnesium
thyroid antibodies
thyroid pyridoxase (or however the fuck its spelled)
T4

and a few other thyroid tests I cant remember off the top of my head. You cant figure out the puzzle with 50-70% of the goddamn pieces. As someone who is hypo with a wife who has hashi's that is totally controlled I get really tired of seeing people not educating themselves about their own body. Educate yourselves and the signs are obvious.
Low T3 will ruin everything male and female. untreated hypothyroidism will kill you in a ton of different ways. It''ll wreck your natty test, can give you diabeetus, kill your insulin sensitivity, ruin your stomach acid production which people mistake for acid reflux and take meds that make the situation even worse, give you IBS, digestion issues, nutrient absorption issues,
TRT is one step but its not the root cause. Male and female.

Most women need their T3 levels in the upper 75% of the range as they get older. Doctors dont like this. Doctors who test TSH and T4 for a thyroid diagnosis need to be drawn and quartered.

A pituitary MRI if you have insurance would be a good idea also if it isnt going to rape you in copay.

chicagosterone
06-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Your lady needs thyroid meds. Not fucking synthroid either. She also needs a thyroid ultrasound and adrenal testing done. People get 25-50% of the tests done they need done because they listen to someone who doesnt know wtf they are talking about which is usually some "bro" or their idiot doctor.

B12
Vit D
Adrenal swabs
Cortisol
Free T3
Total T3
Reverse T3
T3 uptake
iron/ferritin
E2
free and total test
Magnesium
thyroid antibodies
thyroid pyridoxase (or however the fuck its spelled)
T4

and a few other thyroid tests I cant remember off the top of my head. You cant figure out the puzzle with 50-70% of the goddamn pieces. As someone who is hypo with a wife who has hashi's that is totally controlled I get really tired of seeing people not educating themselves about their own body. Educate yourselves and the signs are obvious.
Low T3 will ruin everything male and female. untreated hypothyroidism will kill you in a ton of different ways. It''ll wreck your natty test, can give you diabeetus, kill your insulin sensitivity, ruin your stomach acid production which people mistake for acid reflux and take meds that make the situation even worse, give you IBS, digestion issues, nutrient absorption issues,
TRT is one step but its not the root cause. Male and female.

Most women need their T3 levels in the upper 75% of the range as they get older. Doctors dont like this. Doctors who test TSH and T4 for a thyroid diagnosis need to be drawn and quartered.

A pituitary MRI if you have insurance would be a good idea also if it isnt going to rape you in copay.
Bro when you say hashis....are we referring to Hashimotos disease.....? It's an auto immune disease.... the info you just spewed out i believe has alot to do with it. My mother has been on synthroid for a while.... they just recently put her on t3 liothyronine and she's feeling a million times better it brought her back to life. Now she's utilizing both but seems to be dOing Much better

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

BTC
06-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Bro when you say hashis....are we referring to Hashimotos disease.....? It's an auto immune disease.... the info you just spewed out i believe has alot to do with it. My mother has been on synthroid for a while.... they just recently put her on t3 liothyronine and she's feeling a million times better it brought her back to life. Now she's utilizing both but seems to be dOing Much better

"you believe has a lot to do with it?" lol Its EVERYTHING to do with it. Hashis is diagnosed through thyroid bloodwork. Hashis is all about thyroid. Yes its an auto immune issue after the fact. I live with a person who has the rarest of the two variations and has it perfectly managed through proper meds (not synthroid) and supps and a cooperative doctor who just runs bloods and backs off on advice because she knows my wife is more hashis educated than the doc.

REHH
06-22-2016, 04:26 PM
"you believe has a lot to do with it?" lol Its EVERYTHING to do with it. Hashis is diagnosed through thyroid bloodwork. Hashis is all about thyroid. Yes its an auto immune issue after the fact. I live with a person who has the rarest of the two variations and has it perfectly managed through proper meds (not synthroid) and supps and a cooperative doctor who just runs bloods and backs off on advice because she knows my wife is more hashis educated than the doc.

What brand and mg of dessicated is your wife taking BTC? Is she taking any synthetic? I'm sitting on a bottle from American biologics 130mg pure dessicated in caps. Trying to figure best way to convert; been taking combo of t3 and t4 at 50-75mcg. 25mcg generic levo and 25-50mcg research liquid t3. Last tsh with only 25mcg levo put me just out of range at 5.87

chicagosterone
06-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Im curious, when you say "synthroid" why am i sensing that you have an issue with the brand of drug its self? What supps and or meds is your wife taking? If there are some supps you recoMmend for such a issue I'd like to share the knowledge with my mother,maybe could help her too.

REHH
06-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Im curious, when you say "synthroid" why am i sensing that you have an issue with the brand of drug its self? What supps and or meds is your wife taking? If there are some supps you recoMmend for such a issue I'd like to share the knowledge with my mother,maybe could help her too.

Stopthemadness.com

He prob refers to t3 (levothyroxine) as synthroid because that's how most people know it who just rely on doctors.

BTC
06-23-2016, 11:09 AM
T3 is NOT levothyroxine!!!! Levothyroxine is T4, synthroid. Sythetic T4 is garbage plain and simple. It is no where near as bioavailable as desicated.

T3 is liothiorinine. (or wtf ever the spelling is). Be it generic or cytomel.

I dont even know what my wife takes anymore. I know she takes at least 60mg Nature-throid (better version of armour) 2 or 3 times a day and 25mcg Cytomel 3 times a day because the generic T3 isnt strong enough. Liver supps to keep the T4 conversion working well and a bunch of other stuff. She is the endo in the house. I dont question what she takes.

I take nature throid 3x a day and generic T3 with the middle dose. Unless theres tren then I add more meds.

Even my kid now takes armour twice and T3 twice because he has hashis also.

Most desicated full doses run at a ratio of 42mcg T4 with 9mcg T3. I forget how much a proper body conversion yields for T3 out of the 42mcg T4. T3 is the end game anyways. its what your organs need. The conversion process needs to be present though or the system loop isnt satisfied so therefore the T4 is needed also.

chicagosterone
06-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Stopthemadness.com

He prob refers to t3 (levothyroxine) as synthroid because that's how most people know it who just rely on doctors.
Rehh: No, im reffering to synthroid as t4 and liothyronine as t3 my mother is on a mixture of both, they had her on generics and than she requested to be put on brand name and that also made a difference. I've sent her the link to stopthethyroidmadness.com and she's already looking through it. I believe she's looking into another form of this hormone secreted from pigs as its potentially more bio available to the body i dunno, like i said I'm here to learn, any info to see improvements in my ma is always accepted.

BTC
06-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Rehh: No, im reffering to synthroid as t4 and liothyronine as t3 my mother is on a mixture of both, they had her on generics and than she requested to be put on brand name and that also made a difference. I've sent her the link to stopthethyroidmadness.com and she's already looking through it. I believe she's looking into another form of this hormone secreted from pigs as its potentially more bio available to the body i dunno, like i said I'm here to learn, any info to see improvements in my ma is always accepted.

Pig and cow thyroid is Desicated thyroid. Armour, Nature-throid, Thyroid-S ect. You go to the Stop the thyroid madness site, you read the entire site a-z. then you buy the book, the one with all the people on the cover. You use it as a bible and you stop listening to your doctors. This book is the reason my wife is even alive today.

bignasty
06-23-2016, 01:58 PM
My wife was asking me questions about var. I told her maybe in the future but now for a while.

REHH
06-23-2016, 03:51 PM

My mistake, just typed it wrong, meant t4