PDA

View Full Version : It can happen fast

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 04:37 AM
So the Mrs went into a rut 2 months ago. As most probably know she's a pretty good athlete. Training and diet alway on point. She was just felling lethargic, strength down. Not making any gains, to the point I told her it looked like she was almost regressing and overtraining. I convince her finally to go get a check up and gave her a list of things to tell her Dr she wanted testing. She said basically she had to demand them. Hell she's almost 41. Well wouldn't you know it. Her Test had tanked, her level was 10. According to the Oxford Medical Journal that is the test level of a 70yo woman. Vitamin D down, DHEA low. Funny the Dr said all the levels were fine and in range. She was not happy and asked me what could be done. Well I was going to just put her on TRT with Cyp but when she listened to me explain the different esters she decided to try Prop.

Protocol will be 7mg EOD. Along with I added 5iu Vitamin D and 25mg DHEA to her normal supplements. She did her first yesterday. No problems, she did notice her shoulder was a little tender right at the point of injection last night but nothing major.

Big thanks to Sheriv and my Private Guy for looking over her labs and what I wanted to do!

She has tried Var and runs Grey Tops 2iu ED. Possibly will run 10mg VAR in the future along with the Prop but I told her she had to wait at least a month for us to make sure she has no problem with it.

This won't be a log but I will update it with how she's doing.

http://i65.tinypic.com/20uagyf.jpg

JimmyMcFistacuff
05-19-2016, 04:50 AM
Hope yall get it figured out... Eventually adding the Var with the other protocol you mentioned will give her a huge bump in her general sense of well being. So, the question I have is the Pic above now or prior to the problems she is having?
She is in excellent shape in that pic. Good luck..

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 04:53 AM
That was right around the time it started. She looks the same still. Didn't let it go on long enough before figuring it out.

ROID
05-19-2016, 05:12 AM
So you are going to keep her on prop indefinitely ?

Why is her test level so low ?

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 05:13 AM
So you are going to keep her on prop indefinitely ?

Why is her test level so low ?

guessing just age. no once she has run it for a while I will have her stop and see how she does. probably go to low cyp every 7-10days

heymrwaters
05-19-2016, 06:32 AM
guessing just age. no once she has run it for a while I will have her stop and see how she does. probably go to low cyp every 7-10days

The anti age clinics in my area script cyp 100mg once a month for females.
I think you made the right choice going with prop.

bc123jm
05-19-2016, 06:47 AM
she looks amazing. I'm seriously Jealous of you

Progress
05-19-2016, 06:56 AM
She is going to be able to kick your ass Hugh!

bigtime916
05-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Good to hear, she looks great! Keep up the good work!

Sheriv
05-19-2016, 09:55 AM
I think the test will definitely make her feel better... and once her DHEA and vit d is in optimal ranges she may not need the test...buy she may given her age and training levels

The average non type a training personality might be ok without the test but I think your wife will probably want to stay on a low dose.

gdawg
05-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Hugh , Sheri Are these tests you can get from labs md or something similar. Standard FHP maybe ? My wife has asked a couple times about it . I figure you used a dr just as a precaution .

onebigpump
05-19-2016, 11:08 AM
I need to start researching stuff like this for wife in future.

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 12:27 PM
Hugh , Sheri Are these tests you can get from labs md or something similar. Standard FHP maybe ? My wife has asked a couple times about it . I figure you used a dr just as a precaution .

Private MD Labs. This one is a good start
Female Hormone Optimization Checkup

Description:

Includes:
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate
Estradiol
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I)
Progesterone
Testosterone, Free (Direct) With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Thyroxine Free (FT4)
Tri-iodothyronine Free, Serum (FT3)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy

Patient Instructions: No radioisotopes administered 24 hours prior to venipuncture. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results. Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy is not the same as calcitriol or 1,25 dihydroxy. Calcitriol/Vitamin D, 1,25 Dihydroxy must be ordered separately.

gdawg
05-19-2016, 02:12 PM
Private MD Labs. This one is a good start
Female Hormone Optimization Checkup

Description:

Includes:
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate
Estradiol
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I)
Progesterone
Testosterone, Free (Direct) With Total Testosterone, LC/MS-MS
Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Thyroxine Free (FT4)
Tri-iodothyronine Free, Serum (FT3)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy

Patient Instructions: No radioisotopes administered 24 hours prior to venipuncture. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results. Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy is not the same as calcitriol or 1,25 dihydroxy. Calcitriol/Vitamin D, 1,25 Dihydroxy must be ordered separately.

Thanks bud .

HughJassol
05-19-2016, 02:18 PM
Anytime bud. I was able to talk the Mrs into giving her Dr a list of what she wanted labs on. Told her to stand her ground if they wouldn't. The tested everything I asked but the IGF. This will work if thats not an option. its pricey at 256 before discount but with a woman its a necessity

Seattlesbest
05-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Your girls a 10.

REHH
05-20-2016, 01:55 AM
Your wife looks excellent! She gonna love the test, mine been on 20mg wk test E for 5wks now and feels great, raving about her workouts, setting PR'S in gym this week. 225 deadlift x3, 225 hip thrusts, 205 deep squat x4, 12 rep unassisted overhand pull-ups. She's doing the Bret Contreras HIT glute training, her glutes looking great, girls asking all the time about her glute training, several girls in gym now doing the Contreras program because of her. The black guys comment on her ass too, funny not one word from a white guy....lol

She's 50yrs old! Here a pic, been running light cycles of gear for a yr now, mostly var at 10mg, good results, her traps getting a little too big from all the deadlift in I think

TBJ
05-20-2016, 02:00 AM
So the Mrs went into a rut 2 months ago. As most probably know she's a pretty good athlete. Training and diet alway on point. She was just felling lethargic, strength down. Not making any gains, to the point I told her it looked like she was almost regressing and overtraining. I convince her finally to go get a check up and gave her a list of things to tell her Dr she wanted testing. She said basically she had to demand them. Hell she's almost 41. Well wouldn't you know it. Her Test had tanked, her level was 10. According to the Oxford Medical Journal that is the test level of a 70yo woman. Vitamin D down, DHEA low. Funny the Dr said all the levels were fine and in range. She was not happy and asked me what could be done. Well I was going to just put her on TRT with Cyp but when she listened to me explain the different esters she decided to try Prop.

Protocol will be 7mg EOD. Along with I added 5iu Vitamin D and 25mg DHEA to her normal supplements. She did her first yesterday. No problems, she did notice her shoulder was a little tender right at the point of injection last night but nothing major.

Big thanks to Sheriv and my Private Guy for looking over her labs and what I wanted to do!

She has tried Var and runs Grey Tops 2iu ED. Possibly will run 10mg VAR in the future along with the Prop but I told her she had to wait at least a month for us to make sure she has no problem with it.

This won't be a log but I will update it with how she's doing.

http://i65.tinypic.com/20uagyf.jpg

Damn man. Thankfully she has a good husband in you that looks after her like that. Age can really get ya.

A good PCP who will listen to you is hard to find. If that one isn't helping, find another. Good for her for standing her ground.

REHH
05-20-2016, 02:02 AM
Your wife looks excellent! She gonna love the test, mine been on 20mg wk test E for 5wks now and feels great, raving about her workouts, setting PR'S in gym this week. 225 deadlift x3, 225 hip thrusts, 205 deep squat x4, 12 rep unassisted overhand pull-ups. She's doing the Bret Contreras HIT glute training, her glutes looking great, girls asking all the time about her glute training, several girls in gym now doing the Contreras program because of her. The black guys comment on her ass too, funny not one word from the white guys....lol

Here a pic, been running light cycles of gear for a yr now, mostly var at 10mg, good results, her traps getting a little too big from all the deadlifting I think, a lot sumo and regular in Contreras program, but her ass looking great, especially for 50yrs old! 5'2" 130lb

Double posted by accident. ........

HughJassol
05-21-2016, 11:27 AM
she looks great bud! Mrs is 2 pins down, 3rd tomorrow. So far so good.

bigtime916
05-21-2016, 06:26 PM
Showed the wife your pic of your wife. She's game for labs now lol.

Shellsfit
05-22-2016, 11:11 AM
she looks great bud! Mrs is 2 pins down, 3rd tomorrow. So far so good.

Your wife is stunning Hugh. Just curious.....is she experiencing any bloating?

HughJassol
05-22-2016, 12:25 PM
No bloating. 3rd pin this morning. She is a little more aggressive and she says she can tell her workouts are better. Thinking this coming week if she's going to get sides it will be then. But I'm not to worried, keeping it low. 7mg EOD.

heavyiron
05-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Good starting point for sure. Test is a game changer for mature women.

REHH
05-26-2016, 05:28 PM
Good starting point for sure. Test is a game changer for mature women.

Yep my wife loves test, she feels excellent on it, better than any other aas she's tried, game changer for sure.

Still pinning 25mg/wk test E, and now 1wk of 10mg/day var. 1/2" 29g slin pin in the shoulders once a week.

heavyiron
05-28-2016, 07:31 AM
Yep my wife loves test, she feels excellent on it, better than any other aas she's tried, game changer for sure.

Still pinning 25mg/wk test E, and now 1wk of 10mg/day var. 1/2" 29g slin pin in the shoulders once a week.
The key is finding the least amount of T to improve mood, energy, libido and performance while minimizing side effects. Once you are dialed in its magic.

TripleOvertime
05-28-2016, 07:39 AM
Really enjoying this thread and any updates. Appreciate you doing this for us to follow and learn from Hugh.

Shellsfit
05-28-2016, 07:48 AM
The key is finding the least amount of T to improve mood, energy, libido and performance while minimizing side effects. Once you are dialed in its magic.

Couldn't agree more. I loved being on test c. Mood and libido were perfect. Energy and strength was the best I ever had. However, cycling off was tough. Now I'm learning to love this tpa. This shorter ester is something I'm not familiar with yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavyiron
05-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Couldn't agree more. I loved being on test c. Mood and libido were perfect. Energy and strength was the best I ever had. However, cycling off was tough. Now I'm learning to love this tpa. This shorter ester is something I'm not familiar with yet.

With short esters there's a bit more active hormone per mg so usually total weekly dose can come down a bit. Cyp is incredibly comfortable in comparison though.

HughJassol
05-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Today was her 6th pin at 7mg EOD. So far so good. Strength up, she says she feels good. Some acne but no other sides.

REHH
05-28-2016, 07:48 PM

20-30mg week seems to be the sweet spot for therapy and performance increase with no sides.

Velociraptor44
05-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Not trying to sound cunty Hugh but she is a looker. Sry i just saw this section so im trying to get caught up on the thread.

GearGoddess
05-30-2016, 03:24 AM
Your wife looks awesome! Hope everything will be back to normal for her... well no... actually better than its been.... :)

Sust is another nice test that women can use too... 15mg e5d... it will give them a boost from the short ester while the long esters keep it nice and level. A lot of women do well on that one as well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

HughJassol
07-13-2016, 08:29 AM
Your wife looks awesome! Hope everything will be back to normal for her... well no... actually better than its been.... :)

Sust is another nice test that women can use too... 15mg e5d... it will give them a boost from the short ester while the long esters keep it nice and level. A lot of women do well on that one as well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

thanks! I will keep that in mind but Im kind of guarded against giving her long esters. She ran prop for 6 weeks. The last week she bumped to 8-9mg EOD and her voice got a little horse so she came off. After 2 weeks it cleared up. Shes now trying Primo Ace for 6 weeks. She did like how she felt on the prop. Acne was a little annoying for her. Going to run bloods in a couple weeks to see how things are looking. If she does prop again it she will stay at 5-6mg EOD. That should be enough.

GearGoddess
07-13-2016, 08:58 AM
thanks! I will keep that in mind but Im kind of guarded against giving her long esters. She ran prop for 6 weeks. The last week she bumped to 8-9mg EOD and her voice got a little horse so she came off. After 2 weeks it cleared up. Shes now trying Primo Ace for 6 weeks. She did like how she felt on the prop. Acne was a little annoying for her. Going to run bloods in a couple weeks to see how things are looking. If she does prop again it she will stay at 5-6mg EOD. That should be enough.
The acne doesn't surprise me at all... she did increase her test... that's the typical outcome for most... I noticed especially with the ladies that do prop. Women can also stretch out their pins with prop e3d and some found less sides this way too... just a thought.

HughJassol
07-13-2016, 09:01 AM
thanks for the tip, I'll see if she wants to try that next time.

chocolatemalt
07-13-2016, 10:48 AM
You could also consider a moderate dose antibiotic treatment like 100mg/day doxycycline if the acne doesn't respond to hygiene, sunlight, or the usual suspects. There's always accutane of course but that's a much bigger step.

ob3ast
07-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Your wife looks excellent! She gonna love the test, mine been on 20mg wk test E for 5wks now and feels great, raving about her workouts, setting PR'S in gym this week. 225 deadlift x3, 225 hip thrusts, 205 deep squat x4, 12 rep unassisted overhand pull-ups. She's doing the Bret Contreras HIT glute training, her glutes looking great, girls asking all the time about her glute training, several girls in gym now doing the Contreras program because of her. The black guys comment on her ass too, funny not one word from the white guys....lol

Here a pic, been running light cycles of gear for a yr now, mostly var at 10mg, good results, her traps getting a little too big from all the deadlifting I think, a lot sumo and regular in Contreras program, but her ass looking great, especially for 50yrs old! 5'2" 130lb

Double posted by accident. ........

Damn. I'm gonna save her to my spank bank.

REHH
07-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Damn. I'm gonna save her to my spank bank.

Spank away......lol.

HughJassol
09-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Update. Mrs is doing a lot better. After doing a short run of prop at 7mg EOD for 6 weeks. She felt fantastic but her voice was cracking. She is apparently very sensitive. She went back on Var for a few weeks. Then she took a couple weeks off to clear her system. She has now been back on Prop at 5mg EOD for 3 weeks. She had labs pulled yesterday. 48hrs since last pin. Waiting on results to see how the small dose is effecting her level. She's on her no carb diet right now for the next couple months as she wants to tighten up a little more. But all in all she is back to where she was when her natural hormones did a nose dive in the spring.

Video of this mornings training session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLvVaOwtffc

TripleOvertime
09-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Good deal. Just the other day I was wondering about this thread and how everything was going. Looking forward to seeing the blood results.

Seattlesbest
09-15-2016, 04:16 PM
Very cool bro, hard workout for her. She's killin it tho, happily. Nice camera and editing work by the way.

HughJassol
09-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Very cool bro, hard workout for her. She's killin it tho, happily. Nice camera and editing work by the way.

she's tough so I make her workouts pretty brutal. she can take it. here is a back & abs session from last week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8Xzlqi5Yw

Seattlesbest
09-15-2016, 04:34 PM
she's tough so I make her workouts pretty brutal. she can take it. here is a back & abs session from last week

Damn man.. Her back is serious. Good for you guys.

HughJassol
09-15-2016, 05:05 PM
Damn man.. Her back is serious. Good for you guys.

thanks buddy!

ob3ast
09-16-2016, 05:02 AM

I just came

HughJassol
09-16-2016, 10:50 AM
I just came

lol

tomhank1511
09-18-2016, 08:44 PM
i dont't think so because it is not available

tommygunz
09-19-2016, 03:39 AM
My wife is 48 and her test came back @7ng/dl. She started 10mg prop eod for 3 wks and switched to 20mg cyp last week. She has recovered quite a bit of energy and stamina and her libido has increased. She is going to check her levels in 2 more weeks. Interesting twist is she's doing sub Q injects since it's a tiny amount. I'll be happy to share feedback on labs since she doesn't post.

Big thanks to Sheri for her help as well. And good luck to the Mrs. Hugh.

HughJassol
09-19-2016, 12:04 PM
My wife is 48 and her test came back @7ng/dl. She started 10mg prop eod for 3 wks and switched to 20mg cyp last week. She has recovered quite a bit of energy and stamina and her libido has increased. She is going to check her levels in 2 more weeks. Interesting twist is she's doing sub Q injects since it's a tiny amount. I'll be happy to share feedback on labs since she doesn't post.

Big thanks to Sheri for her help as well. And good luck to the Mrs. Hugh.

hows that subq injection going?

results from 5mg of Prop EOD. Labs drawn on pin day before injection so 48hrs since last pin.

http://i64.tinypic.com/23mmo11.jpg

tommygunz
09-19-2016, 12:11 PM
We went on vaca before she could get labs, so she switched to cyp after she got no sides from the prop. The subq is so small she doesn't even notice it. Everything I've read suggests it works. She's going for labs next week.

HughJassol
09-19-2016, 12:13 PM
Yeah the Mrs shots are almost nothing. She's amazed how she feels on so little.

Belle
09-19-2016, 03:23 PM
I hope she continues to feel better!
I'll keep my eye on this thread.
Best wishes to her, glad she has someone knowledgeable by her side.

HughJassol
09-21-2016, 08:40 AM
I hope she continues to feel better!
I'll keep my eye on this thread.
Best wishes to her, glad she has someone knowledgeable by her side.

thanks Belle, she's feeling pretty good!

had her donate blood yesterday since her hematocrit was high and hemoglobin is right at the edge.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lxa7bd.jpg

Glute/Leg Workout from today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpJ03s4QXQ

Smokey3
09-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Glute/Leg Workout from today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpJ03s4QXQ

Can you tell Mrs Jassol that I'm a big fan of her videos.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

HughJassol
09-22-2016, 03:49 AM
She said thank you

Smokey3
09-22-2016, 10:02 AM
She said thank you

:winkfinger:

HughJassol
09-22-2016, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7a7llcg3Kc

Smokey3
09-23-2016, 01:03 PM
fap, fap, fap.... :D

HughJassol
09-23-2016, 01:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/mHjBdBZuqBvJC/giphy.gif

Smokey3
09-24-2016, 03:33 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/mHjBdBZuqBvJC/giphy.gif

http://www.animated-smileys.com/emoticons/animated-smileys-embarrassed-04.gif

bigtime916
10-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Ok Ive been a member here for a while and I feel guilty watching this shit lol. Your a lucky guy! You BOTH keep up the amazing work!

tommygunz
10-02-2016, 07:16 PM
hows that subq injection going

She's going in for labs tomorrow. It's been 7 days since her last pin and I'm curious as well. She had a very small bout with surface acne but it went away.
We ordered a female hormone panel, lipids, thyroid and igf. It will be interesting to see the subq results. I will share these as soon as they come back.

REHH
10-03-2016, 05:42 AM
She's going in for labs tomorrow. It's been 7 days since her last pin and I'm curious as well. She had a very small bout with surface acne but it went away.
We ordered a female hormone panel, lipids, thyroid and igf. It will be interesting to see the subq results. I will share these as soon as they come back.

Was pinning my wife 20mg cyp e7d with 30g insulin pin. Drawn with same 30g pin too. No bloodwork while on test. She been off bout 2mo, waiting for baseline bloodwork from endocrinologist.

HughJassol
10-03-2016, 08:11 AM

keep us posted TG

tommygunz
10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Mrs. Gunz labs came back today, she printed them so excuse the poor picture. She's started test prop 10mg/eod for 3 weeks and switched to test cyp 20mg/wk subq.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161007/64450391a0288ab5e7c8879b5258db28.jpg
Pretty high test level, but women all respond differently to exogenous test. She feels great and has energy back. Her muscle tone is improving and her libido has greatly increased. It's no doubt made a difference for her. We are going to lower her dose to 10mg/wk and recheck in another 2-3 weeks.

Sheriv
10-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Anymore on a thyroid panel for misses gunz?
The tsh is bugging me.

Her test is about where mine sits without help..lol. mines high tho.

tommygunz
10-06-2016, 06:37 PM
I'll have her email them to me and post complete results. She's in range though.

REHH
10-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Wife got her bloodwork back today, they already had her compounded pellet ready and implanted it today in the glute; (Testosterone and Estrogen). Progesterone oral 200mg/day. DIM 150mg/day (works with pellet to increase free testosterone and decrease "bad" estrogen). They'll prescribe her hgh too but insurance won't pay so we'll stick with ugl hgh at 1iu/day. T4 Levothyroxine needs to be decreased from 150mcg/day to 100-125.

Here's everything out of range
Estradiol = Low, < 11
FSH = High 103
Progesterone = Low 0.61
Testosterone = Low 14
Glucose = High 124
TSH = Low 0.012
Thyroid Peroxidase High 12

tommygunz
10-07-2016, 08:16 PM
These are the wife's labs. Sheri let me know what you think, thank you.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/403122ec76a706f8222cd8fd503682e8.png
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161008/4b01617f694bb492441dacb14f030384.png

REHH
10-08-2016, 09:54 AM

So that's on 20mg test cyp a week right. Exactly what I was giving my wife and she loved it. Now that I know her baseline test is 14 I can see why she saw such dramatic improvemen's going up from 14 to 100+ng comparing your results. She goes back for bloods in 6wks, we'll see what the pellet brings her up to.

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 10:08 AM

I'll have to do the math because free and total t3 isn't in there. There's a way to figure out its guesstimate with the other value I just suddenly don't remember how

REHH
10-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Tommy her Tsh even though In range is a little on the high side. Most women do best on the lower side of scale (1-2) and men higher (2-3). 25mcg of T4 levothyroxine would probably do it.

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 03:15 PM
actually men and women both do better under 2..but tsh is a pituitary hormone

the ratio between free and total t4 and t3 are more important numbers to look at and rt3 thrown in for good measure if something is amiss

you want t4 to be roughly in the middle to upper third... t3 well into the upper third
if those number are ok with a borderline tsh then tsh can be dismissed all together unless there are other pituitary hormones that are off and the person is NOT on any type of PED. Being on test will nuke a womans fsh and lh pretty quick which isnt the end of the world as long as they come back. The second half of a womans cycle depends heavily on an egg being released and the corpus luteum provides a good deal of progesterone. Not only does it eventually bring about menstruation but its a calming and anti-inflammatory hormone. creaking joints and sudden sleep cycle problems are symptoms of low progesterone. Usually its the first hormone to drop off in women because of sporadic or absent ovulation.

tommygunz
10-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Yes, she has said she doesn't ovulate regularly.
Her period is getting sporadic and she thought she was entering perimenopause. She uses progesterone cream routinely.
With the addition of test she has regained her natural lubrication and sexual function, i.e. Stimulation level and time to orgasm is back to normal. It has definitely made a vast difference there. However her weight management hasn't been affected in terms, and she's still struggling there.
Maybe some T3 would help with the middle age spread. But dammit the boobies are so plump and I don't mind a little extra booty. She's 5'9" @ 165lbs, I just want her to be happy in her own skin. You know what I'm saying?

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 03:48 PM
I totally get what you're saying..I say if she isnt affected by tachycardia and has good bone density (tall women usually do- petitie fine boned women run into problems) a little t3 broken into a morning and afternoon dose might be just the ticket.

there's no point going over 50mg a day though...and even that might be high

she can titrate up slowly but there is no reason to cycle off it or taper down. A normal healthy thyroid rebounds within a cpl of days- titrating down just prolongs that process.

my half sister does the craziest shit you've ever seen with her prescribed thyroid meds and her numbers are always great..lol
I can tweak my dose 10mg one way or the other depending on how I feel and have perfect bloods- mine also rebounds to a degree with no meds.

tommygunz
10-08-2016, 03:53 PM
We've been talking about T3.
And you mean mcg, yes?

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 04:06 PM
t3 and mcg -yes

REHH
10-08-2016, 04:23 PM
actually men and women both do better under 2..but tsh is a pituitary hormone

the ratio between free and total t4 and t3 are more important numbers to look at and rt3 thrown in for good measure if something is amiss

you want t4 to be roughly in the middle to upper third... t3 well into the upper third
if those number are ok with a borderline tsh then tsh can be dismissed all together unless there are other pituitary hormones that are off and the person is NOT on any type of PED. Being on test will nuke a womans fsh and lh pretty quick which isnt the end of the world as long as they come back. The second half of a womans cycle depends heavily on an egg being released and the corpus luteum provides a good deal of progesterone. Not only does it eventually bring about menstruation but its a calming and anti-inflammatory hormone. creaking joints and sudden sleep cycle problems are symptoms of low progesterone. Usually its the first hormone to drop off in women because of sporadic or absent ovulation.

I can't tolerate my TSH under 2, get bad sides; nervousness, irregular heart beat etc. Also some people start losing their hair when TSH is too low, happened to a family member. Currently I'm substuting t4 for dessicated thyroid eod; T4 one day dessicated the next. Feeling good with this protocol.

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 04:47 PM
I can't tolerate my TSH under 2, get bad sides; nervousness, irregular heart beat etc. Also some people start losing their hair when TSH is too low, happened to a family member. Currently I'm substuting t4 for dessicated thyroid eod; T4 one day dessicated the next. Feeling good with this protocol.

which is why I specified t4 to t3 ratios

your tsh can be almost anywhere but if your t3 is way too high you'll be hyperthyroid, way to low and youll be hypothyroid. it isnt a male female thing.

think of this way
it is called- thyroid stimulating hormone
if your t3 is very high your pituitary gland says wooooaaaa..hold off and makes less of the thyroid stimulating hormone- hence a low tsh number

not very intelligent drs for whatever reason take tsh to be a marker of thyroid health- and it really isn't - its a marker of what your pituitary gland is doing

I spent a few yrs with undiagnosed thyroid cancer because my my tsh was in range
when it got big enough to cause a palpable lump I STILL got brushed off- because tsh in range!

it wasn't until it was removed and biopsied that they said...oh shit

guess what- Im missing a lobe and my tsh is still "in range" and hardly budges unless I take a ridiculous amount of thyroid hormone then it might tick below 1.0

the lowest its ever been was the edge of lab range and that was .5 -
my sister chills around 2.0 (hasimotos) my father chills around 1-2

REHH
10-08-2016, 05:15 PM

your tsh can be almost anywhere but if your t3 is way too high you'll be hyperthyroid, way to low and youll be hypothyroid. it isnt a male female thing.

think of this way
if your t3 is very high your pituitary gland says wooooaaaa..hold off and makes less of the thyroid stimulating hormone- hence a low tsh number

not very intelligent drs for whatever reason take tsh to be a marker of thyroid health- and it really isn't - its a marker of what your pituitary gland is doing

I spent a few yrs with undiagnosed thyroid cancer because my my tsh was in range
when it got big enough to cause a palpable lump I STILL got brushed off- because tsh in range!

guess what- Im missing a lobe and my tsh is still "in range" and hardly budges unless I take a ridiculous amount of thyroid hormone then it might tick below 1.0

Yeah your right, most endocrinologists base thyroid health and prescribe T4 only in relation to TSH. Between my wife, mom and me we've been to 7 different endos, all prescribe T4 based off TSH. Only the new one my wife just started seeing has protocol option for dessicated. Protocol options for her are T4, dessicated or a combination of both eod on opposite days like I'm doing now.

Mrsrobinson
10-08-2016, 05:37 PM

think of this way

Sheri,

hope you don't mind me asking, but do you remember about where your tsh was sitting before your diagnosis ?

HFO3
10-08-2016, 05:51 PM
subbed for the info. thanks for sharing it.

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Sheri,

hope you don't mind me asking, but do you remember about where your tsh was sitting before your diagnosis ?

It had swings but never went above 3.5 ...but did hit .5
At what I think was the start of serious problems but it was brushed off as post partum thyroiditis which is incredibly common..and who doesn't like to suddenly lose weight right after having a baby?
I remember the only symptom I had thought was I was very weak..like I would tire fast walking around..totally heat intolerant..and it was the first time in my life I was a bit shakey.
I will say this..thyroid cancer is a cake walk compared to any other cancer. I avoided radioactive iodine and talked my surgeon into doing a lobectomy instead. Removed the half with the tumors. The other half hasn't sprouted anything that I know of though if it did thyroid cancer is pretty slow growing. My lungs get watched and the irony is between all the joint problems and the tumor in my femur ..and the lung xrays...I'll probably get cancer from all the radiation..lol

Mrsrobinson
10-08-2016, 08:57 PM
It had swings but never went above 3.5 ...but did hit .5
At what I think was the start of serious problems but it was brushed off as post partum thyroiditis which is incredibly common..and who doesn't like to suddenly lose weight right after having a baby?
I remember the only symptom I had thought was I was very weak..like I would tire fast walking around..totally heat intolerant..and it was the first time in my life I was a bit shakey.
I will say this..thyroid cancer is a cake walk compared to any other cancer. I avoided radioactive iodine and talked my surgeon into doing a lobectomy instead. Removed the half with the tumors. The other half hasn't sprouted anything that I know of though if it did thyroid cancer is pretty slow growing. My lungs get watched and the irony is between all the joint problems and the tumor in my femur ..and the lung xrays...I'll probably get cancer from all the radiation..lol

Thanks Sheri :kiss:
A little concerned about mine, although it falls into their "normal" range at .7. Cant even get them to do more than the basic TSH because of that. Might have to consider doing some further bloods on my own.It is ironic though isn't it? the things they give us to treat the cancer will probably just give it to us again - SMH

Sheriv
10-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Labs MD has all the tests you'd need. I don't know if they're restricted in your state or not.

HughJassol
10-10-2016, 06:17 PM
lots of good info in here

Mrs coming along nicely again

todays glutes/legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefs3b22wCA

tommygunz
10-10-2016, 06:46 PM
She squats heavier than me. Looking good brother!

REHH
10-11-2016, 06:01 PM

todays glutes/legs

She has excellent form and control! You taught her well for sure. Is there a certain reason for squatting on bench? Medical? Most don't recommend but your wife has the best technique I've ever seen.

HughJassol
10-11-2016, 06:08 PM
She squats heavier than me. Looking good brother!

she can do 185 for sets of 8, she'll be pushing further soon

She has excellent form and control! You taught her well for sure. Is there a certain reason for squatting on bench? Medical? Most don't recommend but your wife has the best technique I've ever seen.

box squats build power. the sitting action deloads the legs and glutes. they then have to refire to lift you off. take a lot out of you. great for pushing through a plateau

tommygunz
10-11-2016, 06:44 PM
box squats build power. the sitting action deloads the legs and glutes. they then have to refire to lift you off. take a lot out of you. great for pushing through a plateau

That is a great idea. I saw one of her videos that and never made the connection and deloading the legs. It would be much easier on my worn out knees. I'm going to give it a try, thanks brother.

REHH
10-11-2016, 06:55 PM
she can do 185 for sets of 8, she'll be pushing further soon

I definitely noticed how she deloaded the weight completely then rolled foward and slowly loaded back up, that's why I said it was the best technique I've seen, never seen someone deload completely and in such a slow controlled way. Her arch never broke either, was watching for that. The wife will be very interested to see this, you know she's on the Bret Contreras Glute Lab program, she flew out to Arizona to train with him personally a few months ago.

HughJassol
10-11-2016, 07:03 PM
I definitely noticed how she deloaded the weight completely then rolled foward and slowly loaded back up, that's why I said it was the best technique I've seen, never seen someone deload completely and in such a slow controlled way. Her arch never broke either, was watching for that. The wife will be very interested to see this, you know she's on the Bret Contreras Glute Lab program, she flew out to Arizona to train with him personally a few months ago.

well her coach is a bodybuilder........... :)

REHH
10-11-2016, 07:11 PM
well her coach is a bodybuilder........... :)

Lol.... yeah I hear you instructing her. Nice how you train her exclusively then do your training later. Do you train others or just the wife?

HughJassol
10-11-2016, 07:22 PM
I have a few that I mentor but I only "train" my wife

REHH
10-13-2016, 07:55 AM

todays glutes/legs

Guess I'm too old school and been outta the loop too long....lol; just showed your video to the wife, she's done box squats, land mines and the others as part of the Brett Contreras program. Brett changes the program every 30 days and cycles through all the different exercises. Back when I was a personal trainer things were more basic, at least in my circles. Even at Coffee's gym which was a hardcore gym you didn't see a lot of the exercises you see today. I trained in late 80s early 90s though.

Sheriv
10-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Not trying to come off sounding weird but the bench squats and deload are nice for the pelvic floor too- ditto for ass to ankle squats if a woman can learn to relax at the the very bottom
It's something her body will thank her for way later in life

REHH
10-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Not trying to come off sounding weird but the bench squats and deload are nice for the pelvic floor too- ditto for ass to ankle squats if a woman can learn to relax at the the very bottom
It's something her body will thank her for way later in life

Wife always goes below parallel, ass to grass, her pelvic floor is still feeling good to me.....lol

Sheriv
10-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Lol...well..it's more about how it will feel to her as she gets older..but ya.
Female pelvic floor is inherently weaker due to a larger cocyx to pubic symphysis space plus more shallow. It causes problems if not address

HughJassol
10-14-2016, 06:44 AM
Todays Glute/Legs workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5SE4-oWBOY

she's dealing with some water retention in her upper legs and abs. think she overdid the salt this week.

REHH
10-14-2016, 09:17 AM
Nice work. Squats look good.

Try to post vid of wife, never done it through YouTube before.
Well I see it worked but it put that black bar on the side with the title, have to figure it out

https://youtu.be/sVrMIE2ELSM

Sheriv
10-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Great rhomboids .I think they're unusual to see

REHH
10-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Great rhomboids .I think they're unusual to see

Yeah her rhombs and traps are exceptional, she gets comments about it.

GarlicChicken
02-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Bumping this thread with info. After reading all of this and learning about the signs of low testosterone in women, we had my fiancee get full blood work done from the doc including VIT d, all the thyroids and sex hormones and full blood panel. Turns out her test was completely tanked at 4, with testing done twice, once during her cycle and once off. She's 39. We've been talking about this for quite a while because she's been showing all the signs. Once we had confirmation her doctor refused to provide any assistance, so we did it ourselves. She's on 25mg dhea, 4000iu vit D, and 12.5mg Sustanon, started about a week ago. She's already feeling amazing and not having any sides yet. We're gonna have labs done in a couple more weeks to see where she's at. Gonna switch her to cyp soon at 10mg.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the valuable information in here!

REHH
02-03-2017, 12:43 PM
That will put her in range for sure. If I remember right 25mg/wk put my wife at around 140. I'm not giving her test now because she wanted to give the pellet a try, had her second pellet put in today, last 3-6 months each.

Here's her bloodwork 6wks after her 1st pellet. Test 112; Range (14-76)

GarlicChicken
02-03-2017, 12:48 PM
That will put her in range for sure. If I remember right 25mg/wk put my wife at around 140. I'm not giving her test now because she wanted to give the pellet a try, had her second pellet put in today, last 3-6 months each.

Here's her bloodwork 6wks after her 1st pellet.
Wow that's pretty impressive for the pellet. Unfortunately her doc refuses to do anything about it so we gotta do it ourselves. All of her problems started when she had her uterus removed because it had fibroids. We're pretty sure it's still on her ovaries considering the wild hormone fluctuations she gets. Still trying to find an endo that will take her insurance. Thanks for posting that, it's something we'll look into when we find an endo

REHH
02-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Wow that's pretty impressive for the pellet. Unfortunately her doc refuses to do anything about it so we gotta do it ourselves. All of her problems started when she had her uterus removed because it had fibroids. We're pretty sure it's still on her ovaries considering the wild hormone fluctuations she gets. Still trying to find an endo that will take her insurance. Thanks for posting that, it's something we'll look into when we find an endo

Once a week 10-20mg test E or C will keep her in range and feeling better. My wife may get tired of the pellet and go back on test C injections. Supposed to have limited physical activity for a week after pellet inserted, she hates that.

GarlicChicken
02-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Once a week 10-20mg test E or C will keep her in range and feeling better. My wife may get tired of the pellet and go back on test C injections. Supposed to have limited physical activity for a week after pellet inserted, she hates that.
Yeah that kinda sucks. It's already made a huge difference for her, it's pretty crazy. Such a small amount too. Thank you for the info

REHH
02-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Yeah that kinda sucks. It's already made a huge difference for her, it's pretty crazy. Such a small amount too. Thank you for the info

No problem... good luck