• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Anyone else pissed they started late?

bigtime916

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Started at 38 and Ill be 42 next month. Every time I see a BB I think why did I start so late. Pretty disappointing to look in the mirror and know Ill never been the size I want to be. Anyone else?

I have been lifting for years but I'm pissed I started late!!! Started at 39 and I'm now 42 so same boat brother. I'm bigger than I've ever been. Which is still too damn small.

Sent from my SpyPhone using Tapatalk

same boat, i just keep at it
what motivates me seeing guys on stage at 50's and older looking awsome ,so that helps me out
im 46 ,most people dont believe me,i luv gearz, makes me look young brudah:cool:

Started at 38 and Ill be 42 next month. Every time I see a BB I think why did I start so late. Pretty disappointing to look in the mirror and know Ill never been the size I want to be. Anyone else?

Start eating buddy, stay on the grind. I started in my early 20s and I'm in it for the long haul. Eat eat and eat some more.

I don't wish I started earlier. I was surrounded by friends and guys who started juicing at 19 and 20 and were shredded. It was hard being around those guys. I was also an alcoholic then so.. Hindsight is 20/20

im 26. making great gains.
the real question is will anyone ever be satisfied?
this is a non stop train to want more and more...
i will probably never stop cause i will always want to be bigger

I'm actually bigger now in my mid 40's than I was as a youngster. My sex drive is also comparable to my teen years. Like rabbits man....like rabbits.

im 26. making great gains.
the real question is will anyone ever be satisfied?
this is a non stop train to want more and more...
i will probably never stop cause i will always want to be bigger

NEVER satisfied

Mid 20s can't wait to see myself mid 30s if I stay with it
If you stay with it? What the fuck kinda shit is that. You need to have the mindset that the decision has already been made. That shit is behind you. You are now making what you desire to have come true. Yoir setting yourself up for failure talkin that way.

I'm actually bigger now in my mid 40's than I was as a youngster. My sex drive is also comparable to my teen years. Like rabbits man....like rabbits.

This is me also. I'm a much bigger dude now then anytime in my life. Because of the results and where I'm at now it only makes me think.

I started running gear a year ago 3 years in natty. Trt got me using gearz lol. Once I started that I wanted more.

Nope not at all. I've always had decent muscle growth. Was always strong, active and athletic. I didn't touch anything until I was 35 and that's when I went on TRT.

After research and more research it was game on. I'm 39 now

Im probably one of the few people here that dont want to be too much bigger. I want to completely recomp but i like my shit diet too much sometimes. I guess its not that bad but it could be much much better. I wish i had the knowledge i have now back then. I was already a monster growing up but damn i would of been a bad mother fucker. Matter of fact my size made me a little insecure when i was younger. I was like 5'10" 210lbs at 14. 185 in wrestling season.

Started at 18, but never cycled to a significant degree until my late 30's. Now I'm 44 and look better than ever. So yea, I think about the what if's, but I focus on on what I can still do and take pride in being a huge, powerful 40 something that's still growing.

Sent from my gorilla tank.

Started lifting at 14 for sports. Summer between soph. and jr year hit 535 raw. I was hooked on power. Then like most after school. I still lifted and ate A LOT. By 32 yoa I was 336 lbs. I was big, strong and FAT.
Dieted to 301 but it took me forever. Then i read A LOT and started IF. Got to 243 in 6 months at 45.5. Best shape I have ever been in(BF wise). My only regret is that I didnt understand macros, dieting and was just spinning my wheels for years.. After 2 surgeries in last 8 months, I gained 40lbs. Now heeled. it starts again. This time I'm going as lean as possible... 230 should put me in low teens..

Bodybuilding is one of the few sports in which men can continue to be "competitive" well past their athletic prime. Starting at 38-39, while not ideal, still leaves plenty of time during which to add an incredible amount of muscle size. If the individual is drug-free, sure, they aren't going to get as far as they would have if they had started younger, but for the guys who use PEDs, a tremendous amount of muscle can be added within just 3-5 years of training...a tremendous amount.

At 40-45 years old (I am generalizing here) the body can still perform very well (from a muscle growth standpoint). However, when it comes to wear and tear, a man that age is going to have a lot more potential joint and connective tissue issues compared to a younger guy, as well as decreased recovery ability. While these things can hinder one's bodybuilding progress, it isn't going to make a giant difference...assuming the individual can still perform basic exercises. In many cases this negative can actually be turned into a positive, as it forces the individual to lift properly, rather than engaging in ego-lifting, which happens to the majority of younger lifters at one point or another.

The one downside to starting late is that the individual doesn't have as much time to enjoy the fruits of his labor. Unfortunately, if someone starts at around 40 and builds a competition worthy physique by age 45, they only have a few years left--maybe a decade--during which to maintain it. Once we start approaching 60 the body begins to decline no matter what we do. This is why we don't see any great bodybuilders (compared to younger bodybuilders) at age 60+. However, assuming the individual takes the right steps so that his body is still able to perform in older age, he can continue looking damn good all the way up into his 60's and possibly even his 70's. It is my opinion that just being able to maintain a "bodybuilding" physique into one's 60's is a great accomplishment...and one rarely encountered. Whenever I see a guy in his 60's who still looks like a bodybuilder (lean and carrying an age-appropriate level of muscle size) I am truly impressed. My hat goes off to such individuals. One of the biggest reasons why we don't see this more often is because few men can maintain the motivation and level of commitment necessary to continue looking like a bodybuilder into their 60's, let alone the physical ability to do so. Consequently, most 60+ year old men don't look that great, but the kind of physical deterioration typically witnessed in one's 60's is not inevitable. The body CAN maintain an impressive amount of muscle size and definition for as long as one is able to eat and train. No, you're skin's not going to be as tight as it was when you were younger, your midsection won't be as small, and your aesthetics will begin to fade, but a man can still look great at that age--better than most 20 year olds--aside from the unavoidable age related issues mentioned above.

So, if you are a 40 something year old man who regrets not starting earlier, rather than sitting around thinking about it, you should instead think about the accomplishments you can achieve in the decades to come. I promise you this--you will turn far more heards (and get way more compliments) if you can maintain a bodybuilder-like physique into you 60's. Even if you carry only 10-20 pounds more muscle than an average young man in his untrained state, while sitting at sub-10% BF, you will blow people's minds because so few men ever accomplish something like this.

Get Shredded!
I'm pissed only because I started on test / hCG late. (Doing my 1st run now at age (almost) 50. I have been training steadily since age 13, so almost 37 years natty.
Anyways, just glad Im doing it now, I guess its never too late...

Don't think like that. Be positive brother. Don't even let that bullshit creep in your head.

I started early, but I regret letting "life events" derail my focus and pull me away from bodybuilding at different times throughout my life for various reasons. I am far more consistent now that I am getting older than I've ever been. Call it a sense of urgency if you will...

Honestly the only person that has ever made me feel scrawny was just recently at the first bodybuilding show i went to watch and he wasnt even a competitor. he had to be atleast 45yrs old. Like it was ridiculous how small i felt next to this guy. I think age is just a boundry most people get hung up on for no reason. Nobody my age has ever made me feel small but that old dude..hurt me in the feelz. I hope i am even hamf as big as a few members on here at that age. Touareg being el numero uno.

Jacked old bro,

bcbefbb1a83e5d2cc66ce0739076a2a7.jpg

I'm 25 and have only just started, I always knew that this was the lifestyle I would end up living I was one of them 17 year olds wanting to jump on anything and everything but held out until now.

Just imagine what that rug feels like.
5f7d510279dea3895e718ac3ca45880d.jpg

Honestly the only person that has ever made me feel scrawny was just recently at the first bodybuilding show i went to watch and he wasnt even a competitor. he had to be atleast 45yrs old. Like it was ridiculous how small i felt next to this guy. I think age is just a boundry most people get hung up on for no reason. Nobody my age has ever made me feel small but that old dude..hurt me in the feelz. I hope i am even hamf as big as a few members on here at that age. Touareg being el numero uno.

i willl try not to stand near you again,,,my bad:)

Back