PDA

View Full Version : FiancÚ and blood work

JRotten
05-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Was thinking of sending the fiancÚ to get a full hormone panel, test, e2, thyroid, igf-1. Does anyone with fem chem experience have an opinion on how useful that might be?

LowTman
05-05-2016, 08:43 PM
JR

Might sound stupid, but what was the initial reason you are sending her for?

LowT

omgbossis34
05-05-2016, 11:35 PM
My girl came back with high test and was put on birth control until it went in normal range. We used to compete heavily for hours at night playing call of duty. Not anymore, she hasn't even picked up the controller!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Shellsfit
05-06-2016, 05:46 AM
Was thinking of sending the fiancÚ to get a full hormone panel, test, e2, thyroid, igf-1. Does anyone with fem chem experience have an opinion on how useful that might be?

I'm not sure how helpful it would be. But, if anything, it would be interesting to see how they would differ on and off cycle. I had bloodwork done about a month ago and doc checked everything except for T levels. I wished I would have insisted on having that checked since I was off cycle then and am in the process of planning my next cycle.

Sheriv
05-06-2016, 06:33 AM
my Ob does zrt saliva testing- cycle specific on day 21 of cycle

estrogen
progesterone
testosterone
cortisol (24 hr test)
DHEA ..and something else- I could dig out my labs

comparison to bloods that she also orders for all of the above

my estrogen comes in low normal
progesterone well below normal
testosterone high normal now- used to be a lot higher

all the other shit that gets ordered usually comes in range

progesterone/test is a big nut for women

progesterone levels need to be high enough to oppose estrogen due to certain cancers, water retention, stress tolerance etc

the body robs progesterone to make cortisol

Sheriv
05-06-2016, 06:36 AM
too high of test in women can create insulin resistance ...results in a spare tire

hip and thigh fat is related to estrogen dominance if it gets out of hand
tricep and bra fat is growth hormone issues usually

theyre all related to cortisol/test/progest issues

Sheriv
05-06-2016, 06:42 AM
thinking about it more too.almost every suggests to me adding testosterone...I hover around 50ng/ml un-supplemented
I used to - before the porgesterone probs..hover around 150-200ng/ml un-supplemented (you read that right)

but honestly I don't think adding test ever gave me a hand with anything and caused more problems than its worth
I'm currently on a scripted multi vitamin thats has reversed cal/mag values- very high B6 and really scary high- change liver values vit A. Its too early to tell but I'm hopeful it will give progesterone levels a hand

anyway- womens blood work is cycle specific...higher estrogen to progesterone ratios before luteal phase, higher progesterone to estrogen in luteal phase if ovulation has taken place (the corpus luteum makes progesterone)

if theres a problem with those ratios theres no ovulation which means the adrenal glands are doing all the work, which is a huge problem if there is major life stressors involved
- and bcp makes the blood work almost completely useless especially if its a bi or tri phasal

omgbossis34
05-06-2016, 08:14 AM
The reason my girl had her test level checked to begin with is BC she gets no period. On BC she had irregular ones but they were present. She is diabetic, insulin dependant since age 12 and around that time we got her an insulin pump so I can't comment on whether it would of effected needed insulin doses as we we're previously having a tough time controlling it.

Sheriv
05-06-2016, 08:30 AM
tough time with the pump even?

omgbossis34
05-06-2016, 09:21 AM
No, once we dialed in the pump its been smooth sailing and her kidney disease has reversed nearly 2 stages thankfully!

Sheriv
05-06-2016, 11:33 AM
That's good. Pumps are usually excellent for people

omgbossis34
05-06-2016, 12:06 PM
Expensive as hell but well worth it for her. She's much happier WO the hassle of constant shots.

Sheriv
05-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Yeah. I know a couple of people with type one with them.

There's an interesting trial I saw somewhere about people with type one making their own insulin and regenerating pancreatic cells..it isn't stem cell. Interesting shit

omgbossis34
05-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Yeah. I know a couple of people with type one with them.

There's an interesting trial I saw somewhere about people with type one making their own insulin and regenerating pancreatic cells..it isn't stem cell. Interesting shit
Peaked my interest, I'll be researching it this weekend. Thanks 😃

onebigpump
05-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Did someone say pumps?