• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

How many calories should I be consuming

Durr

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm 34, 6ft, 180lb maybe 12-15% bf

I'm trying to cut up a little hopefully land under 10% bf. Right now I'm counting macros at 20% carbs, 40% fat, and 40% protein. I've been consistently at 2500 cal or a couple hundred less. I haven't seen much difference and it's been 2 weeks. I'm also in my last month of test e only cycle. Can I cut my calories more? I know someone will tell me to add more cardio but I just want to know where to keep my caloric intake.

As a very guideline for your bodyweight to cut, you would consume 10-13 cals per lb of bodyweight. So 1,800-2,340 is the range. Since you have not seen results I'd try 2,000 cals a day. You are in between a moderate carb and typical high fat diet. I would either go to a zone type diet 40%c/40%p/20%f or switch to a true keto diet of 2%c/33%p/65%f

It really depends on your metabolism and activity level.
At your body weight and natty I was eating very clean 3600kcal just to maintain.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

I age wth JD.. that's a really bad set up imo.
if you are taking in that much fat you need to be in full ketosis

I age wth JD.. that's a really bad set up imo.
if you are taking in that much fat you need to be in full ketosis

I've never been six pack lean even as a kid or fat for that matter but I think keto might be my only option.

As a very guideline for your bodyweight to cut, you would consume 10-13 cals per lb of bodyweight. So 1,800-2,340 is the range. Since you have not seen results I'd try 2,000 cals a day. You are in between a moderate carb and typical high fat diet. I would either go to a zone type diet 40%c/40%p/20%f or switch to a true keto diet of 2%c/33%p/65%f

Thanks JD. I just posted about macros and people suggested 20c 40f 40p. I will lower it to 2000 cals and give it 2 weeks if I haven't made progress I'll try keto.

I've never been six pack lean

not many people are. it takes a lot of discipline if you aren't naturally skinny.
is that what you want , to get really lean ?

not many people are. it takes a lot of discipline if you aren't naturally skinny.
is that what you want , to get really lean ?

Fuck yeah. Tren was the only cycle that got me under 10% without trying to lose. Now I'm trying to get there by weighing every ounce and I can't get close to that. I should probably just go straight to a keto diet.

straight keto will get you there quick. but you wont be filled out. its tricky to stay lean and full.
I hover around 7 % and filled out. but it took me a while to figure out how to do that

straight keto will get you there quick. but you wont be filled out. its tricky to stay lean and full.
I hover around 7 % and filled out. but it took me a while to figure out how to do that

Thanks for the advice. Upping cardio, and going keto now. Should I still drop calories, though? Once my cycle ends I'll be shrinking if I do.

Thanks for the advice. Upping cardio, and going keto now. Should I still drop calories, though? Once my cycle ends I'll be shrinking if I do.

i dont think you really need to counts cals on keto. just google dave palumbos diet for a 200 lb man. 3 months of that then switch back to a 40/40/20
but slowly increase carbs . start with before and after training only. and see how that goes

Definitely don't go over 2500, you will not have a force for training.
Do cardio, it's burn your cal.

Straight calorie count isn't what will make or break your diet.

Last edited:
i dont think you really need to counts cals on keto. just google dave palumbos diet for a 200 lb man. 3 months of that then switch back to a 40/40/20
but slowly increase carbs . start with before and after training only. and see how that goes
it doesn't matter if hes in keto, not in keto, or whatever macro split. net calories are the determining factor in dropping weight or gaining weight. Energy is energy.

that being said I think op might be cheating or having an extra bite here and there and not realizing it. The mind plays tricks on you when youre in a deficit.

Back