• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Info for wife, Possible hormone issues? Birth control?

socalmk6gti

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I'm not sure where to start or where to post this but hopefully someone can chime in.

My wife is a personal trainer, uses a very reputable coach and her diet is anywhere from 90-100% clean and to the letter every single day. We both weigh out every meal, with the occasional date night cheat meal. We don't compete so we allow for those meals, and try our best to calculate them into our macros.

In October/November 2014 my wife's primary told her that her birth control was being discontinued and offered up the Depo Provera shot as an alternative, without properly educating her on the potential side effects. Her weight at that time wasn't bad at all, she's much leaner now with more lean mass. However within a month to 2 months on the shot her weight increased, while her diet remained consistent. We were moving across the country at the time so when we got resettled in our current location we got in with a new doctor here. He was very thorough and discussed the negative effects the shot could have had on her, which explained the water retention and the weight gain. She is now on Minastrin 24 FE since March/April 2015, the first month of transition was horrible and she experienced bleeding almost every single day for a month. She eventually became regular but now her weight is stagnant. She's not overweight by any means, in my eyes she's perfect, however her bodily goals are different and she wants to eliminate some more body fat and can't seem to break through this. She's 34 5'5" and 147lbs sitting at 19-20% BF. She keeps staying closer to the 20% mark and cannot seem to lose fat. Her coach is being very supportive and understanding but I wanted to see what other things it could be.

Could it still be the Depo Provera effecting her? I've read where it can take up to 18 months after stopping before a woman's hormones go back to normal. Could her current BC be effecting that as well? We unfortunately do not currently have medical so I thought about just getting blood work done through PrivateLabs and posting it on here, but wanted a recommendation on who to talk to on here with knowledge in this area. As far as physical health she seems perfectly fine but emotionally it's really taking a toll on her and most days it's fine, but some days you can see it really effecting her self esteem when she is seriously busting her ass to try and make changes.

She recently tried a cycle of Clen for 2 weeks on; she started at 20 then each day increased until she noticed sides. I had to stop her at 100mcg because she never felt any real effects from it. She got slight shakes at 80mcg but only for 30-45 minutes after ingestion, and was perfectly fine the rest of the day. She discontinued after 2 weeks and a taper off, but not a single change in scale weight, while her diet was perfect.

If anyone has any insight they want to share I'm all ears, thank you in advance!

****Mods, I didn't see a Female section on here so wasn't sure where to post, please move to appropriate area. Thanks.****

Seems like a good blood panel for women would be a cost-effective way to go. Maybe this?:

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_te...s&show=1859&category=14&search=estradiol#1859

I've seen reactions to various birth control methods all over the map. Mostly from gf's. Some do very well with the copper IUD but react horribly to the plastic hormone-infused one, then vice-versa for someone else. Norplant caused horrible lethargy in one gf and had to be removed, and her doc was trying to convince her "it's in your head" (I thought that shit went extinct in the 50's...) Yaz works beautifully for one but major headaches and sickness for another. Traditional birth control pills great for many, wrecks others... etc etc. No predictability.

I've been *really* surprised at how many women will quietly go off birth control and then continue having sex with you without saying anything.

We plan on running tests on our own as the last Doctor we had only did so much and having an HMO at the time didn't help. It's amazing how you can tell something is wrong with your body and trying to convince a doctor seems like a chore. I have to get blood work in two weeks anyways so I'll just plan on dragging her along as well if we can't get her in sooner. I truly appreciate all the feedback, luckily were married so if she chooses to go off of BC I'm ok with it. I'm going to be 36 in August and neither of us have kids, so if coming off BC restores her to optimal health with a possibility of pregnancy, I can accept that. I just want her to be happy and healthy and seeing her so discouraged at times is hard to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the labs and the thyroid panel. I've seen depo keep excess weight on girls that were skinny for excessive amounts of time. It eventually came back off when the depo cleared with hard work. Different BC works different in a lot of women, my girl couldn't tolerate the first 2 she was put on. The 3rd she tolerated and it served its purpose to lower her test levels back to normal range in a female and started her periods normal for the first time in her life. She quit taking it and went back to no periods soon after. Its obvious her test levels didn't rise again BC the all night call of duty marathons are gone between us. She needs a shot of test, give me back my gamer girl damn you!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I agree with the labs and the thyroid panel. I've seen depo keep excess weight on girls that were skinny for excessive amounts of time. It eventually came back off when the depo cleared with hard work. Different BC works different in a lot of women, my girl couldn't tolerate the first 2 she was put on. The 3rd she tolerated and it served its purpose to lower her test levels back to normal range in a female and started her periods normal for the first time in her life. She quit taking it and went back to no periods soon after. Its obvious her test levels didn't rise again BC the all night call of duty marathons are gone between us. She needs a shot of test, give me back my gamer girl damn you!

Try some gel T patches on yourself, then remove patch but leave gel on and have make-out sessions with her... maybe in a few days she'll be raging again.

Try some gel T patches on yourself, then remove patch but leave gel on and have make-out sessions with her... maybe in a few days she'll be raging again.
Lol I have definitely considered my Buddy's rub on test gel on my thighs shortly before sexy time!

DepoProvera is a nasty birth control in my opinion. I know so many women including myself that has been messed up by that bc. It took my body 6 months to regulate itself after I decided to stop. I had a lot of bad sides from it. Weight fluctuations were one of them.

I would say that if you do bloods, check her thyroid and other hormone levels.

If you try to fix things yourself then what I would suggest is a T3 run for 6 weeks and see if the scale moves. She can run it with Albuterol, Clen's little brother and in my opinion much better choice. It is known to preserve muscle unlike clen and no jittery feelings on it.... or incorporate the ECA stack.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Run some panels on her including the thyroid but this is LIKELY the depo, as this issue was acute and in the timeframe she received the injection. Best advice moving forward is get the copper iud, trust me.

Back