• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Who here had skinny legs but built large ones?

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Always had great legs? They grew easily? Fine, I am happy for you, but I do not want to hear from you.

I want to hear from the folks who had trouble building legs but did it anyway. What did you do? What worked for you? What did you change about your workout, diet, and gear?

"My legs didn't start growing until I started squatting 2 plates."

I forgot which bodybuilder said that, but essentially this bodybuilder had great legs and they became great by squatting 2 plates from 4 to 5 plates while it is implied they became great by squatting 1 plate to 2.

I'm no bodybuilder, but my legs never responded until I focused on the muscle working and by default lowering the weight.

For most guys, lowering the weight is next to impossible, so my answer will probably be unpopular.

Imagine that you only had access to 225 pounds, how would you perform 12 reps in order to fail at 12? You'll focus on the muscle, slow down, pause, etc. Sometimes being inefficient is beneficial.

how tall are you ?
Me? 6 feet.
227 on the scale at my gym.
Neck is 17.5.
Arms (flexed and straining, like that will make them bigger) are 17.
Chest is 46.
Waist is 37 (real, on a tape measure, not the lying fashion industry that has 36 inch pants falling off of me without a belt to tighten them).

Quads are only 25 inches, which is tiny. Now, in the normal people world, they aren't tiny. I know this because I can't find pants to fit even when the waist is large. They are tight in the quads. The tape measure, however, does not lie. 25 inches is the largest circumference I can find on my thigh. But, let's face it, they would look much, much better at 27 or 28 inches (or 29!!!!). Another two or three inches just seems like a mountain of a task. Years and years and years, and I'm already in my late 40s.

- - - Updated - - -

No body at my gym. Arm day every day.
LOL! That does not really count if they are not even trying. There might be some future Tom Platzes in there. They just don't know it if they have not pushed it to the limit.

I vary high volume and heavy weight days for legs. My legs aren''t huge but they used to be skinny as a mofo

My legs used to be pretty nice, That's when I was smashing hills on my bike tho. I blew my knee out 4 years ago, never been the same.

This post is racist. Next you'll be calling all the naturally big guys privileged.

I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'4 235lbs. My legs are so skinny I don't even want to measure em lol. Not a ounce of fat on them. The wife is always saying how tight they are, can't pinch a inch. 3 back surgeries and I can't do a lot. I do get in leg day once a week tho. I do what I can.

It's tough because I do treadmill work 5 days a week incline maxed out for 20min. Walking running repeat. Then I hit weights as I'm cutting right now. When it's leg day it makes Cardio rough for a few days. I get super sore and have such a hard time recovering.

Guess I'll just keep pushing through. So I feel ya OP.

i do high volume, high reps. kinda train like a girl lol
my legs dont measure all that big. but because of the shape and quality of the muscle the look bigger than they really are.
i purposely keep them a lil small, i'm short so any bigger and they would look stumpy

I'm in the same boat. I'm 6'4 235lbs. My legs are so skinny I don't even want to measure em lol. Not a ounce of fat on them. The wife is always saying how tight they are, can't pinch a inch. 3 back surgeries and I can't do a lot. I do get in leg day once a week tho. I do what I can.

It's tough because I do treadmill work 5 days a week incline maxed out for 20min. Walking running repeat. Then I hit weights as I'm cutting right now. When it's leg day it makes Cardio rough for a few days. I get super sore and have such a hard time recovering.

Guess I'll just keep pushing through. So I feel ya OP.

Walking on a treadmill on an incline is probably the last thing you want to do with back problems.

Can you do leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses or hack squats? Without re-injuring yourself?

So far so good lol. I do all those. It's not suggested by my doc but I take it easy.

There was this hill at Fort Benning we'd run up. It was called Cardiac Hill. It was a bitch. But I loved running it. That was my bitch. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, hills are all a mindset. If you want to do them they aren't shit.. But if you don't.. Then you're fucked. Drive can take you a long way. If not to the top. Cardiac hill, lol.

Jesus Christ a 65 pound ruck? My heart would blow out 100% fuck that. That's why I'm Not Special Forces. My hat is off to you sir!

Mine were skinny, not huge now but bigger than the average guy my size. I started squatting twice a week, heavy most times and added heavy leg press then superset leg curl and ext.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hire a coach. They will put you on half the AAS, twice the food and volume.

Hire a coach. They will put you on half the AAS, twice the food and volume.
Well, I am going to up the AAS, mainly because I have to come off soon, but I have been upping the food to the point that I look a little pregnant some days. Volume I am increasing over time, too. I agree with you on the food and volume.

If I recall, though, you were one of the guys who responded to another of my threads with a statement that your legs have always grown pretty easily.

Get Shredded!
Whatever you do training wise is obviously not working. Do the totally opposite.

Training legs 2ce a week? Change to once a week.
Training once a week? Change to every 5 days.
Low weight, high reps? Try 5x5
Performing 4 or 5 exercises? Cut it to 2 ( 1 for quads, 1 for hamstrings) or 3 is you train calves.

You get the point.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Well, I am going to up the AAS, mainly because I have to come off soon, but I have been upping the food to the point that I look a little pregnant some days. Volume I am increasing over time, too. I agree with you on the food and volume.

If I recall, though, you were one of the guys who responded to another of my threads with a statement that your legs have always grown pretty easily.

Upping the AAS without corresponding food isnt going to help you at all. Take your normal average daily protein intake and add 150 grams to it. Yeah, really....
I added 125-150g to my intake 6 weeks ago and my legs have grown an inch. That was all on 500mg total AAS. My legs are genetically largeer than average. I still have to bust my ass like anyone to get them to grow.
Try splitting your quads and hams into two seperate days. Remember your hams are half of your legs.

Heavy High rep squats!! Low Bar squat to hit more posterior lower body and single leg or front squats to hit anterior on a different day. Pick a weight you can get a solid set of 10 for 1 set and do 10 sets with it. Keep that workout until you can complete all 10 sets of 10. Then bump up the weight and repeat. Graduated high school 6'5 195 am now 32 6'5 275lbs. Was a long hard road but heavy high rep squats are King!

Base exercises, squats, deadlifts.
And one time in a month do - 10 reps by 10 repeats with 1 min pause, only 1 time in a month.

Intensity bro. Usually do 3 exercise per quad and hamstring. 5 sets of each. Work in 10-15 range. 45 second rest is what blows mine up. That's how I got mine to 26 1/2. I know not crazy but for a taller guy they look good at low bf

Back