• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Organic Junk food is still just junk food

basskiller

search, read, learn
Registered
Reaction score
My personality is who I am, My attitude is who you
Get Shredded!
94146adfb0e2cb5e35c4e231df3a63a9.jpg

I laugh when I see organic avocados. WTF is that?

Supposedly no pesticides or herbicides in use, for one. I used to scoff at all that crunchy granola hippie dipshit stuff too but the more I've read studies about the harm done by the substances, or the obvious lack of funding for finding these harms, and the concerted efforts by the chem companies to buy off the top brass in Congress, FDA, EPA, and the concerted efforts for professional assassination of researchers finding results they didn't like (http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/02/10/a-valuable-reputation)... the more it's looking like the hippie dipshits were right.

Supposedly no pesticides or herbicides in use, for one. I used to scoff at all that crunchy granola hippie dipshit stuff too but the more I've read studies about the harm done by the substances, or the obvious lack of funding for finding these harms, and the concerted efforts by the chem companies to buy off the top brass in Congress, FDA, EPA, and the concerted efforts for professional assassination of researchers finding results they didn't like (http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/02/10/a-valuable-reputation)... the more it's looking like the hippie dipshits were right.
My grandfather had an avocado orchid that I worked on as a kid. We did fertilize the trees but never used pesticides, I do not think there is a case for it that I know of.

And as far as pesticides these days they have very short half lives, nothing like the old days with the toxicity and incredibly long half life of a pesticide like DDT.

But to each their own, you want to buy organic that is fine with me, I personally don't believe in it.

wish my fruit came with dnp pesticide on them.

My grandfather had an avocado orchid that I worked on as a kid. We did fertilize the trees but never used pesticides, I do not think there is a case for it that I know of.

And as far as pesticides these days they have very short half lives, nothing like the old days with the toxicity and incredibly long half life of a pesticide like DDT.

But to each their own, you want to buy organic that is fine with me, I personally don't believe in it.

I didn't use to believe either, but... did you read the article I linked? Do you think atrazine is safe, no hormonally disruptive effects? Check out a google map of where it's used -- across the entire corn belt. Anyway, my previous belief that all these things were safe was basically ignorance, which is what the corps prefer and why they spend so much money on PR, gamed studies, blackholing any research internally that produce bad results, and professional assassinations of researchers like Tyrone Hayes in that article. There's simply too much money to be made by keeping the public ignorant. If you can incorporate all that info and still believe these substances are harmless I'm game to hear the reasoning...

Frankly I don't see much difference here between public "knowledge" of the horrors and dangers of testosterone, and these other industrial chems, except that the concern or lack thereof is flip-flopped.

I didn't use to believe either, but... did you read the article I linked? Do you think atrazine is safe, no hormonally disruptive effects? Check out a google map of where it's used -- across the entire corn belt. Anyway, my previous belief that all these things were safe was basically ignorance, which is what the corps prefer and why they spend so much money on PR, gamed studies, blackholing any research internally that produce bad results, and professional assassinations of researchers like Tyrone Hayes in that article. There's simply too much money to be made by keeping the public ignorant. If you can incorporate all that info and still believe these substances are harmless I'm game to hear the reasoning...

Frankly I don't see much difference here between public "knowledge" of the horrors and dangers of testosterone, and these other industrial chems, except that the concern or lack thereof is flip-flopped.

Honestly I feel like these threads are just trolling... The benefits of organic food has been well documented.. No one really questions that. what they question is whether or not the cost is worth it.. And bottom line is a majority of people will be able to eat todays non organic food and junk food with out major issues. But most will have minor ones. Some will get cancer that can't be solely blamed or directly linked to food.... More or less the "show me the bodies argument".

If the cost isn't worth it to some that's fine but to claim there is no difference makes no sense.

Exactly. The word "organic" is a marketing ploy to make more money. There is zero evidence that "organic" foods are any more nutritious than non-"organic" foods, and EVERY farm uses pesticides, even "organic" ones.

Yes, the macros are bad, but the Justin's one is definitely the better pick, if you look at the ingredient list. At least there are real peanuts and chocolate in there, which do have some minor health benefits...

Back