• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Jewelry Appraised?

Burrfoot1313

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone have any experience with getting jewelry appraised / sold without getting totally fucked? I have a diamond bracelet I'm trying to help a friend with. In my experience selling jewelry for a decent price is almost impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your not gonna get rich from it, thats why jewelery is always on sale 75% off at the mall, its like driving a new car off the lot it loses value as soon as you walk out of the store. put it on ebay with a reserve

Very tough to do, jewelry is always on sale because it is marked up so high. Wife used to work at kay jewelers while I was in military and she went to college. Their discount was cost plus 10%. I bought her 9000 engagement ring for 3300 dollars with the discount. Because she can't get warranty through the company we insured it and had to have it appraised. It appraised for 10000. We stand no chance of selling for that, I always joke that we should just throw it away and claim the insurance, obviously she won't plus that's a felony if you get caught. Bottom line you won't get close to what it's worth.

For sure. I know it's a worthless investment. She just doesn't wear it anymore and asked me to help her sell it. That's all. She paid 2k. I told her she'll be lucky to get 1k.

buy some jewelery boxes and give it to your girlfriends

For sure. I know it's a worthless investment. She just doesn't wear it anymore and asked me to help her sell it. That's all. She paid 2k. I told her she'll be lucky to get 1k.

That sounds about right unless it appraises for way more. The only way to make the most money is to sell it on eBay or something along those lines but that can take forever good luck

Back