• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

UV Sterilization

GZ3

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anybody have any experience with Ultraviolet sterilization? I was thinking of buying a UV cabinet off ebay to make sure some older gear I have around is sterile. What do you guys think?

I've used UV sterilization in the back country to purify water but never seen it for inject-able substances... Let us know how that goes.

I've never seen it used for injectables but have seen it used in many other instances. Labs all across the country use it as their ONLY form of sterilization so I would imagine if you got a good one that worked correctly you would probably be ok.

One of the guys in the homebrew section said the UV, or any light for that matter, degrades the hormone in the oil. Thoughts?

One of the guys in the homebrew section said the UV, or any light for that matter, degrades the hormone in the oil. Thoughts?

Thats a good question... I am unsure. Did he post any science behind it or an explanation?

It is recommended you store your gear in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. UV rays will damage the hormone. Otherwise you could just take your gear to the tanning booth with you.

If you want to sterilize your "old gear" just buy some .22µm syringe filters and sterile vials.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3940680/

Hmm, maybe this would be a good argument for brown glass or whatever is opaque to UV light? Or a glass with an additive that filters UV light but is clear to visible light so it's perfectly transparent to us. Hmm... business opportunity?

I wonder how many hospital infections would be eliminated by being able to store vials in a UV cabinet.

back when I was doing a lot of my experiments, I made a uv light tube. also had three rigged up to my homemade laminar flow hood.. but you really need to be careful as the UV light can damage your skin and seriously fuck up your eyes..

I would have never thought of doing it but the Chinese powders that start coming out post ORD were no where near the 98% pure that they all claimed. A friend in another country that ran a real sanctioned lab told me what he had to do to both clean the powders but also the pros of using a UV light tunnel when making his different products.. ie: steroids were not the only injectable he was contracted to make

Back