• ๐Ÿ‘‹Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • ๐Ÿ’ชCheck Out IronMag Labs Andro Hardยฎ - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! ๐Ÿ’Š
  • ๐Ÿ‘‰Check Out Platinum Pharms๐ŸŒฝCorn Hole Sale!๐ŸŒฝ

Yoga for the brain (any info please share)

Vision

Team supervisor P.S.L.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I came across something that's rather new to me but older news in research and mental health..

I'm very interested in this topic concerning "yoga for the brain"...Does anyone have an concrete evidence that can support this, or experience with this exercise? I admit I know NOTHING about it, and I been researching it all day.. Seems rather interesting!

Can it really improve brain function, and make you smarter?!?!

not sure what you mean. meditation?

this is the only mental exercise of which I'm aware that might have transferable positive effects. in other words, you don't just get better at the exercise and instead gain general abilities. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-back

not sure what you mean. meditation?

this is the only mental exercise of which I'm aware that might have transferable positive effects. in other words, you don't just get better at the exercise and instead gain general abilities. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-back
Apparently this method in the video makes you smarter?!?!

The prob is, I can't grab my ears :(

Not sure if serious...

Mindful meditation is uhh..like brain push ups

Not sure if serious...

Mindful meditation is uhh..like brain push ups
BTW, I did yoga once at traing (jiujitsu),we had a woman come in and give a seminar... Dude, 95% of us dudes were turning into instant bitches.. its harder then it looks, some shit hurt like holy hell, but felt so good!

I don't want to sound like the guy who reads the self help, spiritual, mind healing guy. But there's so much more to the human brain, and the way of thinking then most conceed based on their preconceived notions.

I don't want to sound like the guy who reads the self help, spiritual, mind healing guy. But there's so much more to the human brain, and the way of thinking then most conceed based on their preconceived notions.
This is exactly why im keeping an open mind to this... modern medicine has came a long way, yet failed us all at the same time.. Its time to look for a different approach

the brain is a sponge for soaking up whisky. end of discussion.

happened to run across this while looking for exercises to relieve shoulder impingements: http://breakingmuscle.com/sports-ps...through-mind-control-a-3-step-meditation-plan

There has to be some truth to meditation and lifting...

Most active people have there go to for relaxation, whether is running, training , or a commitment in a sport..It tends to ground us and keep us sane..Without it, we get depressed and lifes daily struggles tend to be overwhelming and at times feel unmanageable..

When I put the hoodie up, ear buds in, and blast through my lifts the whole time thinking of "the muscle group", mind to muscle connection, I'm a different person, a matter of fact, I'm the REAL me, who I really am without worries..When I step away from this and look at it from an outsiders view, they would consider me as " that guy is in a zone "... Technically I am, almost like a state of "Zen", a meditative state so to speak..In fact, that's exactly what it is!

There has to be some truth to meditation and lifting...

Most active people have there go to for relaxation, whether is running, training , or a commitment in a sport..It tends to ground us and keep us sane..Without it, we get depressed and lifes daily struggles tend to be overwhelming and at times feel unmanageable..

When I put the hoodie up, ear buds in, and blast through my lifts the whole time thinking of "the muscle group", mind to muscle connection, I'm a different person, a matter of fact, I'm the REAL me, who I really am without worries..When I step away from this and look at it from an outsiders view, they would consider me as " that guy is in a zone "... Technically I am, almost like a state of "Zen", a meditative state so to speak..In fact, that's exactly what it is!
Totally agree. I'm still a noob when it comes to lifting but as a former cyclist the repetitive motions over hours were a kind of therapy.

I used to read about this as taming monkey mindedness and I guess that term comes from the historical roots. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/buddha-how-to-tame-your-m_b_945793.html

Be sure to take the back row in the class and follow all the women in their yoga pants:D

Back