• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Cruise versus blast and cruise

jp1957

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been kinda sitting back reading everything here and a few other forums on TRT.

But the question I still waffle on, is cruise versus blast and cruise.

Not the concept, but whether I want to go what appears to be a lifetime path changer.

If I just go TRT, does my system totally shut down, or just the additional test augment production?

If I go blast and cruise, am I totally shut down after the blast, and cruising forever?

thx folks.

Either way yo are shut down,cruise,blast & cruise,trt...all shut you down.Now if you are shut down for life that is induvidual and no one has an answer for that.Ive seen all sorts of shit.Known guys who have blasted and cruised for 4 years at a time and then come off with no protocol for restarting and bounce right back.Then i have seen the guy who does a measly run of test for the old standard of 12 weeks and never recover afterwords.One thing i have noticed is it takes a while and alot of runs with different compounds to really learn what works for you and what dosnt.That can take some time and cycles.Seems a drag having to pct over and over during that pct process.And also pct is still a debate if its actually needed or conterproductive to recovery.Life s short and we only have so much time to experiment.

thx, pretty much what I expected.

My t levels arent bad for 58 (560), so I've been debating to just leave as is, cruise/augment, or blast and cruise. If the later 2 are the same, then I'd blast and cruise.

And by blast I means just blast the test E for awhile, then cruise. No gear.

My t levels arent bad for 58 (560), so I've been debating to just leave as is, cruise/augment, or blast and cruise. If the later 2 are the same, then I'd blast and cruise.

Blast and cruise is basically high dose = blast, low dose (ie trt levels) = cruise. Most people on trt blast&cruise since they are already shutdown from being on trt.

If your going to take doses higher than trt doses for say 8-12 weeks then come off completely, thats just cycling. The older we get and the more often its done, generally speaking, the harder it is to bounce back from and get pre cycle test levels.

For your age you have excellent test levels. Im not sure I would rock the boat by touching gear.

Those are great levels you have for your age.Im 38 and doubt when or if i come off my levels would be that decent.You could look into very short cycles.look into test base,suspension and the like.Huge gains can be had in 6 weeks with the right compounds with easy recovery..or easier.I would had done things differently knowing what i know now.

could you elaborate what you mean by test base and suspension?

nm, looked it up. Although not sure the point of test suspension, v test E, its just the esther that controls a slower release. Or are you suggesting a short cycle of test suspensions every day or eod for just a few weeks?

dude you t level is great for your age, I would stay away from AAS and use HGH, my opinion

Now HGH is an interesting one I was also thinking about, but havent spent any time on it yet(research wise).

Now there seems to be differing info. One source says the muscles added don't give strength, another days it does

IML Gear Cream!
Hgh is probably the most impacting on positive effects at older age. If you can afford enough to run for years, its worth it. Hell even mk677 might be a good option to try for a few months.

nm, looked it up. Although not sure the point of test suspension, v test E, its just the esther that controls a slower release. Or are you suggesting a short cycle of test suspensions every day or eod for just a few weeks?

Ignore the post that prompted this one. He is mixing one concept with something different. Nobody cycles with test suspension and to suggest that is completely ridiculous. If you are going on TRT, the short esters are pointless

The bigger question in my mind is what are your goals? What are you aiming to achieve? If for more of anti aging, and with your current natural test levels, I would add GH at 2 iu's ED, 5 days a week on, 2 days off. If your goal is to add a fair amount of muscle at 58, you want to use a supraphysiological dose of testosterone for 8-12 weeks. Then afterwards back it down to high normal range for a few months.

I personally think way too many guys that blast and cruise are too young to do so, and I usually try to steer away. At 58 you are the perfect age to use this concept for building mass.

The bigger question in my mind is what are your goals? What are you aiming to achieve? If for more of anti aging, and with your current natural test levels, I would add GH at 2 iu's ED, 5 days a week on, 2 days off. If your goal is to add a fair amount of muscle at 58, you want to use a supraphysiological dose of testosterone for 8-12 weeks. Then afterwards back it down to high normal range for a few months.

I personally think way too many guys that blast and cruise are too young to do so, and I usually try to steer away. At 58 you are the perfect age to use this concept for building mass.

I'm a technical diver, so I move around and use very heavy equipment. When I come up out of the water, I have as much as 300pounds of stuff on. and to get it all out of the water. So I'm lifting for strength, not bodybuilding.

I've made pretty good strength gains over the past several years between weights and isometrics but at my age its pushing the rock uphill forever.

On one hand, I'd like to put on about 15pds of muscle. That would get me back close to what I lost on a stupid weight loss routine. The problem I have currently, is nagging tendon injuries. Lifting heavier weights
more often, I get nagging tendon injuries. First bicep, then radial tendon, now in shoulder. These take several months to fully resolve.

Seems HGH would help with this.

I'm somewhat leary of going on test, simply because once I do, I'll be on it forever. I'm not sure if I blast and cruise, whether I can ever cycle off again. My test levels arent that bad, just not great.

That's a tough call. One only you can make. GH will definitely enable you to stay leaner (or get more lean), improved skin tone and elasticity, helps with healing, and helps maintain muscle mass. In itself you will not gain muscle with GH unless used in conjunction with insulin, and you don't want to do that.

In your case I wouldn't do a cycle with pct, or blast and cruise. I suggest doing regular TRT under the supervision of a good doctor (they are hard to find) and keeping your test range right around 1,000ng/dl, which probably will be about 250mg/wk of synthetic test. For your joints you might consider adding in 150-200mg/wk of deca periodically, but not all the time. Lift in the 12-15 rep range to failure. Despite popular belief to the contrary, high reps to failure will increase your strength, and it's easier on the joints. To gain weight you simply need to go into caloric surplus.

btw, I am 60 so I'm there with you, but I have a desk job :) :winkfinger:

That's a tough call. One only you can make. GH will definitely enable you to stay leaner (or get more lean), improved skin tone and elasticity, helps with healing, and helps maintain muscle mass. In itself you will not gain muscle with GH unless used in conjunction with insulin, and you don't want to do that.

In your case I wouldn't do a cycle with pct, or blast and cruise. I suggest doing regular TRT under the supervision of a good doctor (they are hard to find) and keeping your test range right around 1,000ng/dl, which probably will be about 250mg/wk of synthetic test. For your joints you might consider adding in 150-200mg/wk of deca periodically, but not all the time. Lift in the 12-15 rep range to failure. Despite popular belief to the contrary, high reps to failure will increase your strength, and it's easier on the joints. To gain weight you simply need to go into caloric surplus.

btw, I am 60 so I'm there with you, but I have a desk job :) :winkfinger:

If I cruise, I might as well blast for 8-12 weeks, but I'm thinking to just cruise first, target that 800-100, and see how it works out for awhile first. Maybe even cycle off and see how it goes. If I spike badly, well, pickup the pieces.

I just contacted a TRT clinic, Jesus Christ they are proud. Even pinning myself, etc, its like 500$ a month. HGH like 1200$ a month. Now this would all be pharma stuff though.

If I cruise, I might as well blast for 8-12 weeks, but I'm thinking to just cruise first, target that 800-100, and see how it works out for awhile first. Maybe even cycle off and see how it goes. If I spike badly, well, pickup the pieces.

I just contacted a TRT clinic, Jesus Christ they are proud. Even pinning myself, etc, its like 500$ a month. HGH like 1200$ a month. Now this would all be pharma stuff though.
When I suggested a TRT doc, I forgot your normal levels are excellent. So a legit doc will not work with you unless they see levels under 300ng/dl.

It's actually fairly easy to run and monitor your own TRT. Of course you need a good source for testosterone. I wouldn't touch HGH until you get your testosterone levels dialed in. Next a lab like Private MD or Labs MD to do blood work, without the need for a doctors script (your own I mean). The important things to monitor are:

Complete Blood Count to monitor white and red blood cell count, hemoglobin, and hemocrit. AAS tends to increase red blood cells and elevates red blood count, hemoglobin and hemocrit. Increased red blood cells is a good thing up to a point (think blood doping that cyclist use). Too high though means your blood is too thick and can cause heart attack or stroke. If your level is too high, donating blood every 8 weeks helps considerably.

Comprehensive Metabolic Profile to monitor liver enzymes like ALP, ALT, and AST. AAS, especially 17aa orals can be stressful on the liver. Elevated liver enzymes while NOT an indicator of liver disease, show the liver is under stress and the cause needs to be addressed.

Estradiol. Testosterone converts to estrogen in the body and increases estradiol (e2) levels. AI's like aromasin and arimidex reduce levels of e2. Too much e2 is detrimental to a male and greatly increases the chances of getting gynomastia, water retention, high blood pressure, bloating, etc. Too little e2 results in achy joints, fatique, and depression.

Testosterone Total LC/MS/MS. Obviously serum testosterone needs to be checked on a regular basis to monitor levels and adjust if necessary. If you are shooting for 800-1,000ng/dl, 250mg once a week should be a good starting spot.

All of the above tests are included on Labs MD Hormone Panel for Females. Yes, female to provide e2 testing. https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?view=all&show=2234&category=14&search=#2234

The other major ones that you should be already be monitoring are blood pressure and cholesterol. AAS, especially orals like winstrol, anavar, and various prohormones have a detrimental effect on HDL (good cholesterol) driving it down, and driving LDL (bad cholesterol) upwards.

When I suggested a TRT doc, I forgot your normal levels are excellent. So a legit doc will not work with you unless they see levels under 300ng/dl.

It's actually fairly easy to run and monitor your own TRT. Of course you need a good source for testosterone. I wouldn't touch HGH until you get your testosterone levels dialed in. Next a lab like Private MD or Labs MD to do blood work, without the need for a doctors script (your own I mean). The important things to monitor are:

Complete Blood Count to monitor white and red blood cell count, hemoglobin, and hemocrit. AAS tends to increase red blood cells and elevates red blood count, hemoglobin and hemocrit. Increased red blood cells is a good thing up to a point (think blood doping that cyclist use). Too high though means your blood is too thick and can cause heart attack or stroke. If your level is too high, donating blood every 8 weeks helps considerably.

Comprehensive Metabolic Profile to monitor liver enzymes like ALP, ALT, and AST. AAS, especially 17aa orals can be stressful on the liver. Elevated liver enzymes while NOT an indicator of liver disease, show the liver is under stress and the cause needs to be addressed.

Estradiol. Testosterone converts to estrogen in the body and increases estradiol (e2) levels. AI's like aromasin and arimidex reduce levels of e2. Too much e2 is detrimental to a male and greatly increases the chances of getting gynomastia, water retention, high blood pressure, bloating, etc. Too little e2 results in achy joints, fatique, and depression.

Testosterone Total LC/MS/MS. Obviously serum testosterone needs to be checked on a regular basis to monitor levels and adjust if necessary. If you are shooting for 800-1,000ng/dl, 250mg once a week should be a good starting spot.

All of the above tests are included on Labs MD Hormone Panel for Females. Yes, female to provide e2 testing. https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?view=all&show=2234&category=14&search=#2234

The other major ones that you should be already be monitoring are blood pressure and cholesterol. AAS, especially orals like winstrol, anavar, and various prohormones have a detrimental effect on HDL (good cholesterol) driving it down, and driving LDL (bad cholesterol) upwards.

I love reading your posts JD. Always so helpful and full of knowledge. Thanks for sharing all of this and breaking it down so it's understandable.

Get Shredded!
I'm ironing it down pretty much to test e, 250x2 for 8 weeks, then drop to 125mgx2 per week. Aromasin or armidex for E2 control.

What about using mk-667 on a 5d 2off cycle. Also if anyone has a good legit source for mk-667, I'd appreciate it.

I'm ironing it down pretty much to test e, 250x2 for 8 weeks, then drop to 125mgx2 per week. Aromasin or armidex for E2 control.

What about using mk-667 on a 5d 2off cycle. Also if anyone has a good legit source for mk-667, I'd appreciate it.

Sorry, I have no experience with MK-667

I love reading your posts JD. Always so helpful and full of knowledge. Thanks for sharing all of this and breaking it down so it's understandable.
Thanks brother, I appreciate that.

Back