• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

for all you oil drilling folks

Thanks for sharing. Good read actually.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very cool fusion of charts, map, and time. Usually it's NYT where you get these kinds of gems but this one is amazing.

Yeah it's interesting how production has hardly dipped at all. I suspect it will eventually as some wells give out and some companies finally hit bottom on financing and inability to pay bills at the low oil incomes. Saudi Arabia hasn't achieved their aims yet of putting enough frackers out of business.

For a little while we were the top producer in the world. The Bloomberg page you posted only shows us hitting 9.6 Mbarrels/day at peak while other sources show us at 14... dunno what the discrepancy is. I wonder if we're still the #1 producer.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/15/us-produces-more-oil-than-saudi-arabia/

Very cool fusion of charts, map, and time. Usually it's NYT where you get these kinds of gems but this one is amazing.

Yeah it's interesting how production has hardly dipped at all. I suspect it will eventually as some wells give out and some companies finally hit bottom on financing and inability to pay bills at the low oil incomes. Saudi Arabia hasn't achieved their aims yet of putting enough frackers out of business.

For a little while we were the top producer in the world. The Bloomberg page you posted only shows us hitting 9.6 Mbarrels/day at peak while other sources show us at 14... dunno what the discrepancy is. I wonder if we're still the #1 producer.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/15/us-produces-more-oil-than-saudi-arabia/
yeah I was once astounded to learn we'd become the top producer. going to be interesting to watch this war play out.

This is a game of chicken with Saudi Arabia on one side and American frackers on the other.

Meanwhile, Venezuela is eating shit with 200% inflation and defaulting on their loans and Russia is just plain pissed.

I have seen opposite opinions from industry analysts. One saying oil will go back up to $80-$100 a barrel and another saying it is going to stay where it is at for the year.

It will be interesting. I prefer to see guys busy on the oilfield, just better for our economy.

Yeah our entire economy is feeling it, I'm in that blue dot in Southern California. We're still drilling but not like it used to be, tons of people are laid off and out of work

I was in Ak last month
40% of oil workers got laid off

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably about the same statistics here, we had about 400 planned new wells for the year. That was cut to around 70, were taking a huge hit. The rigs have all fallen

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably about the same statistics here, we had about 400 planned new wells for the year. That was cut to around 70, were taking a huge hit. The rigs have all fallen

Just on my little lease but the same thing has happened to the whole area

This is a game of chicken with Saudi Arabia on one side and American frackers on the other.

Meanwhile, Venezuela is eating shit with 200% inflation and defaulting on their loans and Russia is just plain pissed.

I have seen opposite opinions from industry analysts. One saying oil will go back up to $80-$100 a barrel and another saying it is going to stay where it is at for the year.

It will be interesting. I prefer to see guys busy on the oilfield, just better for our economy.

I agree with the guys saying it'll last another year, minimum... maybe longer. This based on reading the Saudi statements on the matter and various analyses in the Economist, Bloomberg, etc... just an amateur assessment obviously since I'm not in the business but it's a fascinating story.

Sucks that an industry here is hurting, but given that our consumption and production are in the same neighborhood as each other, the decline in oil industry profits is offset almost equally by lower expenses by everyone and his brother that buys gas. Economically it's kind of a wash. But... given that much of the oil industry profits wind up in the hands of the super rich (think Exxon, Shell, etc) whereas the unspent money on cheaper gas winds up staying in the hands of the working class and middle class for the most part, this is actually a shot in the arm for the economy overall. This is money that turns around and gets spent some other way, not getting sent to some offshore Cayman Islands account to be invested in Chinese or Brazilian developments, and not spent on lavish vacations in Monaco or on a super yacht built in South Korea and staffed with a Philippine crew then sailed around in the South Pacific. Instead, this money stays in the US.

Also, Russia's troubles have caused them to reconsider their adventure in the Ukraine and playing hostage with heating oil being shipped to Europe for winter warmth, and may well have contributed to their sudden withdrawal from Syria yesterday. Remember, the collapsing oil prices of the late 80's combined with their massive adventure in Afghanistan triggered the disintegration of the entire Soviet Union which was much larger than merely Russia. Militaries cost a lot of money.

Venezuela's troubles are likewise good for us diplomatically, likely to make them friendlier and more cooperative in contrast to Hugo Chavez's misguided policies.

Same for Iran. They went into that big nuclear restriction agreement with us (and many other nations) with the expectation that they could suddenly start making gobs of cash again by rejoining the world's largest oil exporters, but then the price crashes and now they're suffering hugely. Less money and arms to send to Hezbollah, Assad, various other assholes... and a better chance of the gov't coming under internal pressure and even falling.

Diplomatically, the crashed oil price is a godsend. We live in interesting times.

I'm feeling it hard to!! Never been cheaper at the pump!!! Gas prices go down. I make more money. Love it. Let's keep this rollin.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
You guys all say that but we actually tore Roid apart for the same thing a while ago. You'd be amazed to come to a city like mine 4 years ago when we were booming and then come now. Night and day difference, it's horrible and is destroying lives. And people think it's just oilfield workers effected by it, they just ran an article in the paper last week about a shoe store closing because of no more oilfield workers going there to buy boots. Then they searched for statistics on all other industries and trades effected and its huge. From hydraulics, to truck mechanics, to welding supplies, even down to the guys who fuckin clean the portapottys, everyone's fucked. It's crazy

Notice that the production of barrels per day has steadily gone up. Maybe bigger pockets of oil were hit and others went dry. In basic economics they cover the business cycle of ups and downs. This is just a down. Another up will come in the future. The county data shows a lot of places that intermittently have drilling happening. I've never drilled for it, but is it possible that a well doesn't turn out as expected with no oil production? If that is the case, is the data accounting for unproductive oil drilling?

Back