• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Training at Planet Fitness anyone??

Littleguy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I wanted to see if anyone is using Planet Fitness as your gym?

I am at LA Fitness now, but a Planet Fitness opened up about 2 miles away and $10 a month that is crazy cheap.

They want $10 just to do a trial day, but I think that is just to get you to sign up for the month since its the same price?

Anyone have a review of the place? I only have LA Fitness, 24 hour, and now Planet Fitness as options....Any other options are at least an 30-60 minute commute in traffic...One way. If you figured it out this is in CA.

Thanks for the reviews in advance,

Littleguy...

You don't want to be told "Do You Even Lift Bro!"

Sent from The Iron Pile

No squat rack! Signs that say No Dead Lifts or overhead pressing! PF is for people that want to wallow in mediocrity!

Look it up on youtube.
If you still sign up we will ban you!

Planet Fatness...really?

Seriously, Google them...from their idiotic commercials to the way they treat actual "fitness minded" customers and the "dress code"...all a bunch of crap.
Not to mention the old queers who follow you around the locker room naked trying to engage you in "conversation."

And, not a tranny to be found...

If you drop the dumbells to hard they have this loud ass buzzee rhat goes off....its called the ego buzzer.

lol, bull shit!!!! Hhahahaha

omg..

lunk-alarm.jpg

IML Gear Cream!
The one I go to is one of the biggest ones and they more or less turn a blind eye to a lot and it is more like a real gym at least in the weight room part...noise, grunts, heavy weights, flexing, revealing clothing on women

They practically cheer me on when I've got 500+ and come over to watch, spot, cheer, whatever...high fives and fist bumps from the staff. They are totally cool. Deadlifts? Just call them rack pulls. I mentioned we needed more 45lb plates because I use 10-12 and it only left 6 for everyone else. The staff told the owner and next thing I know we got a bunch more 45's. We mentioned the racks weren't straight. They had them aligned by the end of the week.

I've been to other ones when I traveled and the link alarm went off at the slightest grunt, clank of weights, fart and it was dead quiet and I said fuck this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have several memberships and They all have their place with me, kinda like a toolbox. You have your everyday tools and ones you only use now and then.

My girls don't go to Lexen Extreme, where Dan Dague or Chris Vogelpohl are putting everyone to shame, Metro Fitness, where many who go to the Arnold train or the Power Shack. But they do like Planet Fitness, their teens, and I get dad time with them doing something healthy.

No they don't have everything, but I have a home gym that has what they don't.

It is what it is and serves a purpose for me.

LowT

I live in the concrete jungle I can get to 10 full gyms withn 15mins from my house. I've been to about a dozen. Found one with 110lb dumbbells and equipment from the 90s. As far as a home gym. It has to be lifetime because daycare is included (infant). But the best place for me is at the university with my dogs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have at home in my own rack and free weights what they don't have at the local PF. I'm with LowTMan, I have a number of different tools available based on need and PF is one of the toolkits.

It's amazing how many hogs come to the trough on Pizza day....and they don't come back until the next month.

It sounds like all of the Planet Fitness clubs are not the same... I will have to just go check my local one out and report back. I was told we can't wear tank tops there? Hopefully with the rack pulls and a decent selection on dumbbells it will work? I will let you guys know how my local Planet Fitness turns out to be. I hope it does not have that alarm you guys are talking about.

I've been to a lot of them in travels around the country and they have varying degrees of strictness based on the attitude of the staff and owner. The one I go to in my city is owned by a former Mr. Indiana bodybuilder so there is some leeway. I know the rules are 'universal' and there have been some people who have been asked to change clothes because they took it a little too far. One hot chick came in basically wearing a thong and a tank top. They asked her to change ONLY after she was there for over an hour AND I asked the staff if any guys complained and they said no, it was all women lol.

For me I can't beat it especially traveling. It's typically much better than the hotel facilities, but I have worked out in some decent hotel gyms too.

I wanted to see if anyone is using Planet Fitness as your gym?

I am at LA Fitness now, but a Planet Fitness opened up about 2 miles away and $10 a month that is crazy cheap.

They want $10 just to do a trial day, but I think that is just to get you to sign up for the month since its the same price?

Anyone have a review of the place? I only have LA Fitness, 24 hour, and now Planet Fitness as options....Any other options are at least an 30-60 minute commute in traffic...One way. If you figured it out this is in CA.

Thanks for the reviews in advance,

Littleguy...

stay in LA it is a lot better, more machines dedicated to certain ares of your body, so you can isolate them better. Planet Fatness is just for loosers in my opinion, not enough machines. Is a waste of money.

Get Shredded!
Planet Fatness is a joke. Their business model is geared towards fitness n00bs who barely ever go, but keep their memberships. If you're a bodybuilder or even just a slightly serious fitness dude, they go out of their way to make you feel unwelcome. Plus they don't have heavy Dumbbells or enough plates, or enough of a variety in machines. Stay clear of them unless you're a ham planet just trying to get lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't like it. That damn "LUNK" alarm going off and being told if I rack the weights loudly again or grunt during squats I'll be asked to leave. Plus once a year they hit your account for $37.00.
Funny I was thinking about LA Fitness just for cables. I just stick to my free weights at home.

yea i actually started back lifting at PF 8 years ago because of convience and price. i still keep the membership to tan and when i travel but as far as lifting its not ideal for a more serious BBer. i meet my wife there during her lunch break twice a week but we also have a family membership close to home. just weigh the pros and cons of it. maybe keep PF and do a 6 month membership at the other during bulking season

PF has its place.

It helps reduce the annoying pests at the serious gyms.

0fdcd01296cc44a8d9c9524294b64731.jpg

Back