• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Grapefruit and hematocrit

hoyle21

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My hematocrit levels are always higher. Usually between 52 and 54. Supposedly eating half a grapefruit a day can make a serious reduction in hematocrit levels. Anyone ever try this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, no answered...

I've been eating one grapefruit a day for two weeks and I am down to 50. This might be working.

Yes that is true. This is why doctors tell some cancer patients not to eat grapefruit.

My hematocrit levels are always higher. Usually between 52 and 54. Supposedly eating half a grapefruit a day can make a serious reduction in hematocrit levels. Anyone ever try this?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3243695

The hematocrits ranged from 36.5 to 55.8% at the start and 38.8% to 49.2% at the end of the study. There was a differential effect on the hematocrit. The largest decreases occurred at the highest hematocrits and the effect decreased on the intermediate hematocrits; however, the low hematocrits increased

Correct me if I am wrong, because I am new to this...but I was under the impression donating blood works for hematocrit regulation.
But this is interesting to consider between donations if it works to stay low.

Back