• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Optimal Free T?

Lucidity

Registered
Reaction score
optimal is arbitrary

Then is there a range for optimal? Or something I can use as a frame of reference?

The reference range on my labs says 8.9-42.5 for 20-35 year olds, but i havent found that info anywhere online

Then is there a range for optimal? Or something I can use as a frame of reference?

The reference range on my labs says 8.9-42.5 for 20-35 year olds, but i havent found that info anywhere online

You need to understand what reference ranges are and what they mean.

Reference ranges are ranges associated with an arbitrary number of samples collected and associated with "healthy" people of a give age group.

So what does this mean to you?

In short, whether we are talking testosterone or some other hormone or nutrient the government or their paid health care lackeys have deemed these "ranges" as being "normal" and "healthy". So when someone falls within that range for what ever the test is, they are often not considered as having a problem associated with or due to the range in question.

That means if you have test within that range your considered "fine". Now their version of healthy and actual health are often very different things. A reference "range" is applicable to a population but its carried over to individuals and often times it should not be. Many people on these forums not only have numbers that are in the range but low end are also exhibiting a vast array of "symptoms" associated with low T and this is where the docs finally begin to take a look. Even though technically "in range" many have a host of symptoms resulting from a low reading and good docs will take this seriously and try and address it with TRT.

So whats optimal for you? No one can say that but you. Some guys actually feel like shit when T is on high end or have so many sides that they outweigh the benefit of having high range Test levels. No one can tell you whats optimal for you and why finding a good doc who is going to work with you over time, likely months to years, to get things dialed in. Even once dialed in your still aging and as I have also often found, the underlying problems leading to the deficiency in the first place are never addressed so adding TRT to the mix simply offers shot a term fix while the true underlying issue goes ignored and sooner or later will surface.

Back