PDA

View Full Version : nervous about surgery

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Well I left the surgeons office today and was confirmed having 3 hernias, two inguinal and one umbilical. I'm having all three fixed at the same time. Has anyone else gone thru this? I'm not sure what to expect? Thanks

gdawg
02-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear this. I had one of each fixed a year ago. I stayed on the recommended pain pill regiment for about a week. Pills jack my stomach up so I stopped as soon as I could deal with it. I will say the first week will be pretty intense but I went on a cruise the third week. I waited 8 weeks to train and 10 for legs. Now I am g2g and glad I did it. Just a fair warning my balls swelled and my dick turned black . I'm just giving it to you straight my friend. I still feel the ingenial but the umbilical is no issue. Don't pick shit up . Nothing , my Dr. Said not even a gallon of milk. Hit me up if you need to.

macedog24
02-02-2016, 12:00 PM
Well I left the surgeons office today and was confirmed having 3 hernias, two inguinal and one umbilical. I'm having all three fixed at the same time. Has anyone else gone thru this? I'm not sure what to expect? Thanks
Sorry to hear about this ! Hopefully everything will be alright when done and you will be back to 100%!

Dannie
02-02-2016, 12:20 PM
It will be all good, get a good surgeon not be left with massive scars.
Request net/mesh treatment rather than a single / double stitch.

Sierra2500hd
02-02-2016, 12:24 PM

Sorry to hear that...I think it's probably a good idea to do them all at once. I've had hernias, but at separate times. I'm with Gdawg...do not lift anything and heal fully. I'd like to hear opinions on compounds like BPC-157 or anavar helping the healing process.

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I am doing all 3 at once, I figured just deal with the pain once and be done. I'm having the mesh used in all 3 areas, I was very clear that I need to be able to hit the weights ASAP! GDawg, how long were you out of work? I was really hoping for 1 week but Dr seems to think closer to two. Why the black dick? I'm guessing just from bruising? You said the first week sucks, what's the pain level? Sorry so many questions. My surgery is 2 weeks from today so I'm pretty freaked out!

Augustine5I
02-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I am doing all 3 at once, I figured just deal with the pain once and be done. I'm having the mesh used in all 3 areas, I was very clear that I need to be able to hit the weights ASAP! GDawg, how long were you out of work? I was really hoping for 1 week but Dr seems to think closer to two. Why the black dick? I'm guessing just from bruising? You said the first week sucks, what's the pain level? Sorry so many questions. My surgery is 2 weeks from today so I'm pretty freaked out!

This will be very painful post surgery...doctor is saying two (he is optimistic) when really be closer to 6 weeks before you even think about lifting.

The gym will be there when you are healed up. Take the time to recover properly and go back strong without restrictions.

gdawg
02-02-2016, 02:46 PM

I am self employed so it wasn't that critical for me to actually report in . I stayed off the phone for a few days because the wife said I sounded drunk and shouldn't deal with clients . If you have a desk job maybe week 3 . I stayed out for 6 . I have workers and they handled things . A week you will be hurting like a bitch. Pain level 1-10 was an 8 at least . I mean I woke up and took the pills as often as possible until I could deal with it . Week 2 was better and by week 3 I was getting around good. I went on a cruise . I did over do it walking to much and trying to be active so just trust me take it easy . The hardest thing is picking stuff up . You just don't think about it but very light weight can hurt you . They gave me a gurdle I wore that helped . Make sure you have reusable ice packs . Avoid the sit up motion at all costs. I rolled out of bed and pulled myself up off the couch . The black dick was almost funny , just bruising and swelling . My wife freaked . I guess cutting in that area there is nerves . She called the hospital in a panic and they said it was normal . I don't mean to scare you man . In the end you will be back at 100% and glad you did it. Just don't rush.

O yea one last thing be careful knocking the bottom out . Pounding to soon will remind you real quick you had surgery . Haha

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 03:00 PM
I am self employed so it wasn't that critical for me to actually report in . I stayed off the phone for a few days because the wife said I sounded drunk and shouldn't deal with clients . If you have a desk job maybe week 3 . I stayed out for 6 . I have workers and they handled things . A week you will be hurting like a bitch. Pain level 1-10 was an 8 at least . I mean I woke up and took the pills as often as possible until I could deal with it . Week 2 was better and by week 3 I was getting around good. I went on a cruise . I did over do it walking to much and trying to be active so just trust me take it easy . The hardest thing is picking stuff up . You just don't think about it but very light weight can hurt you . They gave me a gurdle I wore that helped . Make sure you have reusable ice packs . Avoid the sit up motion at all costs. I rolled out of bed and pulled myself up off the couch . The black dick was almost funny , just bruising and swelling . My wife freaked . I guess cutting in that area there is nerves . She called the hospital in a panic and they said it was normal . I don't mean to scare you man . In the end you will be back at 100% and glad you did it. Just don't rush.

O yea one last thing be careful knocking the bottom out . Pounding to soon will remind you real quick you had surgery . Haha
Lol, ok brother. Thanks a lot for all the info. I'm going to heed your advice And Just Take Things Slow. Black dick? Fuck!! Lmao!

Sheriv
02-02-2016, 03:21 PM
A few of my friends have had it done with mesh..all made total recoveries but I would suggest that you plan for the pain to be worse than you expect..I had basically a mesh ligament made for my hip and urethra..they were tiiiiny incisions but through pelvic floor muscles and honestly . it hurt pretty fucking bad for a cpl of days...I ate dilaudid/hydromorphone like tic tacs

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 03:53 PM
Worse than I expect! Damn!! Come on lol

Oldschool
02-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Worse than I expect! Damn!! Come on lol
Im going in for my 3rd hernia surgery soon. Damn intestines are trying to poke out under my rib cage...
I dont remember the pain being a big deal... I do have a high threshold for pain. Hang in there. Its over pretty fast.
Good luck

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Im going in for my 3rd hernia surgery soon. Damn intestines are trying to poke out under my rib cage...
I dont remember the pain being a big deal... I do have a high threshold for pain. Hang in there. Its over pretty fast.
Good luckWow, 3rd go around, damn. Is it a different location each time? Same side?

Paranoid Fitness
02-02-2016, 05:15 PM
I had an inguinal repair in 2012. Mesh inlay.
Went alright. The pain was bad enough for the first three days for 10mg Norco but I was fine after that...it still hurt but was bearable.
You will get a massive amount of fluid buildup in the scrotum. You will hear it sloshing and it will look like a black and blue grapefruit.
If the fluid doesn't dissipate on its own the doc will drain it with a 16-18ga harpoon. When he does it feels like your guts have been sucked out through your ballsac.
It hurts all the way up into the abdomen after the draining...just forewarning.

My problem afterward is still having adhesions on the right testicle and now a cyst...back under the knife sometime after I get an ultrasound of the balls...

Take it easy in regards to getting back to training. If you overdo it and fuck it up the surgery will be more invasive and nastier the second time around, I'm sure.

Since you've got three repairs going on I'm thinking you'll need at least 12-16 weeks of relatively sedentary life...

Good luck. Update us with the results...cawk pics are always welcome.

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks for sharing. I will definitely try and remember the pics for you guys. I probably shouldn't have watched the you tube video of the procedures.

Oldschool
02-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Wow, 3rd go around, damn. Is it a different location each time? Same side?
Different location each time.
This one is the worst... I have to literally push my intestines back in when they bulge out.

Progress
02-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Sucks to hear. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Gracieboy
02-02-2016, 06:36 PM
That's pretty fucked up

- - - Updated - - -

Sucks to hear. Hope you have a quick recovery.thanks