• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Coaches meeting for kids sports... What a joke

nwguy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I live in a pretty small town. We decided that our soon to be 4 year old was gonna play t-ball this years. She's been begging too. I grew up with my dad always being my coach growing up. So when the opportunity came up of course I jumped at the chance.

So here I am at this meeting thinking to myself what the hell is wrong with this town. These fat overweight grown ass men are arguing over rules. This is freaking t-ball with 4-5 year olds and they are acting like they are turning pro. Best part is that they are all grumpy tobacco chewing fat boys. I can't wait until my kids all have a fun time and learn the game and we kick the shit outta these guys. Lol

It's getting rediculus. I'm glad my two are grown up now.

I see the same shit where i am. Im 3 years in, dealing with all the retarded coaches. In the spring i will coach my own son's team and actually give the kids the attention they need and respect....

My kid's football coach quit and snuck away last year during a game... He yelled "you suck" at the kids (9-10) I lost my shit and called him out and that night must've had 10 calls from parents and coaches asking if my kid would still be playing and coming back for the next season. I'm all for tough coaches, my dad was a coach and I think it's good for kids, but there is a difference between being tough and beating down kids. Still pissed about it now that I'm thinking about it. Most of these coaches play some madden or nba jam and decide they want to go boss around some kids not knowing the first fucking thing about basics or sportsmanship. Can't blame the next generation for being incompetent little assholes if the grown-ups around them are worse.

Lol... it's Tball let them have fun and pick the grass while playing.

I go to my nephews games and some of the coaches make me laugh. At the same time so do the parents. They all think their kid is the next Mike Trout lol The game isn't even real until the kids balls drop and they are playing travel ball. I will go help out time to time and the coaches are respectable to me. They do know I played Division 1 and minors.

I am happy I help coach upper level ball lately. The parents know to stay away... and the young men bust their ass to be where they are.

I've been on both sides, coached flag football for 2nd graders in a league that was 2nd and 3rd so we lost a lot. And a sideline parent for basketball. Mostly good experiences for both but you always have a parent or two who go overboard. A dad was pissed my second grade kids didn't advance in a tournament where most teams had several if not all 3rd graders. We were 1-1-1. I reminded him I volunteer my time to coach and he can do the same. I try to just keep calm so kids can learn how not to be crazy. Most dad's don't want to fuck with me anyway. I remember my coaching experience when dealing with the basketball coaches, give them the benefit of the doubt.

Back