• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

anyones wife have low T?

heckler7

IM>ASF
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
anyones wife on HRT? my doc said my wife has low T and put her on testoderm cream. her question is when should she feel the lift in libido or well being? or do women even experience that

Mine does. She's 37 no kids. 25mg test e a wk. makes her clit super sensative though, but mood and libido is better

It will depend on how high her levels come up from what I know. So if her levels only come up a little she probably won't feel it as much... I mean more than now but not like if she was blasting test.

I couldn't tell you when she will feel it, I just know a little from reading about it on another forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

she was at 17 T and the normal range is 14-76

Hey Heckler I will add that her aggressiveness goes up, but I afjust to it so it's ok for me, that's prob not for all woman though and I have found that her on Nolva with it has greatly helper even out and her periods are far less dramatic then before. she had high estrogen low T so a double whammy.

Good timing on this post...my wife was having the same issues, no libido, tired and headaches. Went to her female Doc and they agreed to put her on T injections, they wanted to do patch or pills. Her Doc is an idiot though and prescribed her 40mg/wk, the pharmacist called and told the Doc that it was a crazy dose and they changed it to 10mg/wk of test cyp.

Original numbers:
Free Test: 1.7 normal range 1.1-5.8 pg/ml
Test: 18 normal range 9-55 ng/dL

After 10 weeks on 10mg/wk of test cyp
Free Test: 9.9 normal range 1.1-5.8 pg/ml
Test: 181 normal range 9-55 ng/dL

Her Doctors office left her a message telling her they wouldn't prescribe her anymore and she'd have to go on the patch/cream or pill because her numbers are so high now.

My wife feels so much better, isn't tired and no more headaches. Her clit is more sensitive and no complaints there, she thinks I'm a god. :) I am.

We're going to back her down to 10mg eow now and have her retested in 5 or so weeks and tell her doctor to kiss off. The vial will last 2 years at that rate.

Good timing on this post...my wife was having the same issues, no libido, tired and headaches. Went to her female Doc and they agreed to put her on T injections, they wanted to do patch or pills. Her Doc is an idiot though and prescribed her 40mg/wk, the pharmacist called and told the Doc that it was a crazy dose and they changed it to 10mg/wk of test cyp.

Original numbers:

Her Doctors office left her a message telling her they wouldn't prescribe her anymore and she'd have to go on the patch/cream or pill because her numbers are so high now.

My wife feels so much better, isn't tired and no more headaches. Her clit is more sensitive and no complaints there, she thinks I'm a god. :) I am.

We're going to back her down to 10mg eow now and have her retested in 5 or so weeks and tell her doctor to kiss off. The vial will last 2 years at that rate.
how long before she noticed a difference in her mood and libido?

What do you do, 0.1 mg on a little insulin syringe?

women and low T is a issue...now how to treat it is based alot around where she is at in llife in regards to menupause....a women who is fully post menupasuse (12 months with no period) can reap big lifts in libido , vaginal dryness and mood on doses of 25-50mg a week of a cyp/prop blend.....or just prop....these are very common scripts written by HRT doctors...reason they use blends are for less estrogen conversion but more so they have to be compounded...which means you pay cash...very few insurance companies will even cover a test cyp script for a female anyway...so find a HRT Dr and go that route...

women who are not past menupause are playing the risk reward game with testosterone use...even small 25mg ew doses...virilization of a female on 25mg of test a week is very possible and will happen...and its a slow change...clit enlarges and its all fun and games....then her voice slowly cracks over time but its gradual so you as her partner dont always notice like others do...then the 25mg works so great you tell her lets bump it to 40mg hon..she thinks its gonna make it better also...3 weeks later she is shaving her chin for life everyday with you for work....trust me i have seen this first hand....

she needs to really be honest with herself on her risk to reward tolerance...and she needs to be educated on what can happen ..and thas just from a virilization standpoint...the hormonal changes are a whole other issue..does she have a history of cancer in her family on the female side etc etc/

any guy who randomly gives his gf testosterone or any male hormone without covering all these bases is either uneducated or foolish imo..dont live for the moment cause that moment might last forever..

women and low T is a issue...now how to treat it is based alot around where she is at in llife in regards to menupause....a women who is fully post menupasuse (12 months with no period) can reap big lifts in libido , vaginal dryness and mood on doses of 25-50mg a week of a cyp/prop blend.....or just prop....these are very common scripts written by HRT doctors...reason they use blends are for less estrogen conversion but more so they have to be compounded...which means you pay cash...very few insurance companies will even cover a test cyp script for a female anyway...so find a HRT Dr and go that route...

women who are not past menupause are playing the risk reward game with testosterone use...even small 25mg ew doses...virilization of a female on 25mg of test a week is very possible and will happen...and its a slow change...clit enlarges and its all fun and games....then her voice slowly cracks over time but its gradual so you as her partner dont always notice like others do...then the 25mg works so great you tell her lets bump it to 40mg hon..she thinks its gonna make it better also...3 weeks later she is shaving her chin for life everyday with you for work....trust me i have seen this first hand....

she needs to really be honest with herself on her risk to reward tolerance...and she needs to be educated on what can happen ..and thas just from a virilization standpoint...the hormonal changes are a whole other issue..does she have a history of cancer in her family on the female side etc etc/

any guy who randomly gives his gf testosterone or any male hormone without covering all these bases is either uneducated or foolish imo..dont live for the moment cause that moment might last forever..
great post, my wife wanted me to supervise her HRT and I told her hell no, she has been seeing a friend of mine that has an HRT practice, it's a lot more expensive but It doesn't bother me because of the high level of care she gets from him, I'm much more comfortable about a professional over seeing her HRT than myself because it is a dangerous game

IML Gear Cream!
she got it from the doctor. anyway its testoderm .1% and shes 34yo I tried looking for info. I think I'm gonna need to talk to the doctor about it. shes told an amount the size of half a pea but I dont have any idea what amount of testosterone that actualy is

It took about 6 weeks for it to effect her libido.
For the record, my wife is 46yrs old and has had a hysterectomy and is post meno...

my wife had the pellets for 3 months twice before they moved her to sub Q injections of compounded test, it has taken another 3+ months but she is finally dialed in pretty good and she doesn't mind the sub Q with 30g 1/2" slin pins at all

It took about 6 weeks for it to effect her libido.
For the record, my wife is 46yrs old and has had a hysterectomy and is post meno...
i went on a website for women with hysterectomy and saw they had the same problem, the medication doesnt come with literature. Im gonna go to the pharmacy today and see if the can tell me how many mg's of test a split pea does is supposed to be

anyones wife on HRT? my doc said my wife has low T and put her on testoderm cream. her question is when should she feel the lift in libido or well being? or do women even experience that
Women will definitely feel the boost but its all relative. What were her low T symptoms and when do you think they started?

tired, headaches, low sex drive. her test level was at 17

Original numbers:

did your wifes period get heavier? my wife has been on for one week now and she said her period was a lot heavier than normal

did your wifes period get heavier? my wife has been on for one week now and she said her period was a lot heavier than normal
I would say that's a good sign. Gals that push doses too high see shortened periods that may stop altogether.

Once her hormones are replaced her natural rise in libido about 14-16 days before her period should resume like it did when she was younger. Some gals also have a heightened libido during their period but psychologically may not want to act on it. Anyway, the whole point of replacement is to get her normal cycle back on track. Testosterone is exceedingly effective at raising libido and gals don't need much. The rest is psychological so your job is to facilitate an environment where she feels good about herself and the relationship.

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/news/20030626/testosterone-increases-libido-in-women

How long did she have these symptoms?
she says about 2 years but she went to the doctor for headaches and they didnt find anything ,they did MRI's and labs. I was convinced it was stress related from dealing with kids all day. I noticed my drive to do anything dropped, I didnt even want to go to the gym, so I started the ball rolling on getting a script and that got the conversation started on her possibly needed hormones. surprises me how some folks will continue on with sysmptoms and not seek medical help. as far as sex goes I traveled a lot so it didnt seem like her libido dropped since I wasnt around to hound her for tail

Get Shredded!
she says about 2 years but she went to the doctor for headaches and they didnt find anything ,they did MRI's and labs. I was convinced it was stress related from dealing with kids all day. I noticed my drive to do anything dropped, I didnt even want to go to the gym, so I started the ball rolling on getting a script and that got the conversation started on her possibly needed hormones. surprises me how some folks will continue on with sysmptoms and not seek medical help. as far as sex goes I traveled a lot so it didnt seem like her libido dropped since I wasnt around to hound her for tail
My brother in law and his wife both had major drops in their hormones about the same time. His wife didn't figure it out the correlation until much later as her drop was less obvious. They were both mid forties. Both are now on replacement and have been for years.

If she has low T then her thyroid is an issue also which is likely why her T was low to begin with .

If she has low T then her thyroid is an issue also which is likely why her T was low to begin with .
he did notice her thyroid was out of range too and she just got a script for levothyroxine

he did notice her thyroid was out of range too and she just got a script for levothyroxine

Good luck with that. That stuff is garbage. Did he actually run the whole dozen or so thyroid related tests to make an intelligent diagnosis or the usual 1 or 2 which dont even come close to showing the whole picture. Pumping her full of T4 isnt going to cause her to convert more to T3 or cause the T3 to be absorbed better. Low range T3 is almost always the issue because a person's absorption drops off or their conversion rate is low. So you're just pumping them full of T4 which they cant utilize. Fucking moron doctors. Did he check her cortisol or adrenal function? (no)

Good luck with that. That stuff is garbage. Did he actually run the whole dozen or so thyroid related tests to make an intelligent diagnosis or the usual 1 or 2 which dont even come close to showing the whole picture. Pumping her full of T4 isnt going to cause her to convert more to T3 or cause the T3 to be absorbed better. Low range T3 is almost always the issue because a person's absorption drops off or their conversion rate is low. So you're just pumping them full of T4 which they cant utilize. Fucking moron doctors. Did he check her cortisol or adrenal function? (no)
this is what her labs were

free T4 1.0 range ( .8 - 1.7 )
TSH 1.0 range ( .350 - 5.5 )
DHEA 165 range ( 26- 460 )
I dont know what any of that means but she just picked up her pills last night. I guess we will follow his recommendations and see what her next labs look like, he did order a full panel for next visit

this is what her labs were

free T4 1.0 range ( .8 - 1.7 )
TSH 1.0 range ( .350 - 5.5 )
DHEA 165 range ( 26- 460 )
I dont know what any of that means but she just picked up her pills last night. I guess we will follow his recommendations and see what her next labs look like, he did order a full panel for next visit

The problem is the ranges for everything are so overblown that they just say ok everything looks good. "everything is in range". From two people who have spent a few years going through 13 doctors, and more literature than you could ever imagine, trust me....you are just going to get the bullshit typical doctor incompetency.
The stuff I sent you is the only way to really fix things properly. It will also explain why 99.99% of doctors and endos are total idiots when it comes to this topic.

The problem is the ranges for everything are so overblown that they just say ok everything looks good. "everything is in range". From two people who have spent a few years going through 13 doctors, and more literature than you could ever imagine, trust me....you are just going to get the bullshit typical doctor incompetency.
The stuff I sent you is the only way to really fix things properly. It will also explain why 99.99% of doctors and endos are total idiots when it comes to this topic.
I know all about how much endos suck, I have been diabetic for 10 years and they always want to switch my meds up an are obsessed with the fucking A1C.

I know all about how much endos suck, I have been diabetic for 10 years and they always want to switch my meds up an are obsessed with the fucking A1C.

Wow fml, you know what usually causes diabetes bro? Thyroid issues. What is the thing endos treat the most ond know the least about...1) diabetes 2) thyroid..... Get all your shit checked man. Look through that stuff I sent you.

Wow fml, you know what usually causes diabetes bro? Thyroid issues. What is the thing endos treat the most ond know the least about...1) diabetes 2) thyroid..... Get all your shit checked man. Look through that stuff I sent you.
for 6 months I went to the doctor and said something is wrong with my I think I have diabetes. they would run their tests and say I'm fine. I was losing my vison passing out at work and I could drink a gallon of milk in 5 minutes or less and still want more. they couldnt figure it out. now they obsess over my a1c and I really couldnt give 2 shits what my numbers are as long as I feel good. my new doc says I'm an outliner that sometimes people dont fall into the typical pattern.

I don't know any women with low test but this was a pretty interesting thread. Some of that thyroid stuff may be worth looking into. Hell maybe a lot of these issues as well as other peoples are more related to the thyroid as their root cause. Nothing has worked on my debilitating insomnia or daytime fatigue, going to look into it myself. Sorry not trying to hijack the thread just saying maybe if it was a thyroid issue it would be worth trying to resolve that before resorting to test on a lady. Although I am not a woman I will say testosterone has done nothing to resolve my issues that began way before any steroid use. Not that that has anything to do with your wifes situation other than if you do try the test and it doesn't work to not give up on resolving the issues.

Back