• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

How bad are tortilla's for a carb source over white rice?

Darkhrse99

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I've been making fajitas for the last 2 months or so for dinner. I wonder if I switched it up and went to 1 cup of rice and chicken instead of 3 tortilla's, if there is anything to gain by it?

yeah,.....leaness, flour tortillas are fattening bro, look at all the middle age Mexican women...

I am getting around 200-250 grams of carbs day and it's time to switch some foods up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah,.....leaness, flour tortillas are fattening bro, look at all the middle age Mexican women...

Valid point...but genetics and the fact they push out about 5.5 amigos/amigettes by 28 doesn't help...

And to the OP...the real question is...

Why are you eating the same thing for dinner for two months straight?

Also if you worry about little stuff like this you could raise your cortisol level and get fat...

I've been making fajitas for the last 2 months or so for dinner. I wonder if I switched it up and went to 1 cup of rice and chicken instead of 3 tortilla's, if there is anything to gain by it?

I think that everyone here is thinking of unhealthy flour tortillas here that have trans fat. Forget about whole wheat, high fiber tortillas, those suck and taste like cardboard.

Get some plain yellow corn tortillas. They have 12 grams of carbs each, 1 gram of protein, and 0 fat. You can eat 3 tortillas instead of a serving of rice. They also cost 25 to 50 cents per dozen.

The tortillas have a lower glycemic index and are easier to prepare. Tortillas can only help your physique goals.

Corn tortillas are actually my go to carb. They are easy to count you're right about that. Spray them with oil heat in a skillet. I think the Mexican girls smell me or something...gotta beat em off with a churro stick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
They taste best when you char them over an open flame, it really releases that yummy corn flavor. You can also make them into tostadas or chips by extending the heating time.

Naw naw naw... Put the tortilla on the stove warm it up a bit add some butter with cinnamon and Splenda, roll it up and enjoy! You can rep me for this later lol

theprofessor, I think that you are thinking of bunuelos. I love these. You can use butter spray to cut calories then sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda. Make sure to make the tortillas into tostadas though by baking them or nuking them.

I have a coach . I eat rice some and whole wheat tortillas some . My diet only calls for 2 in the place of 1.5 cups of rice . Up until about 2 weeks ago this was only 2 days of my diet. My coach recently upped my carbs and now I eat 2 at meal 5 .

Rice would be a superior carb source rather than bleached enriched flour.

But do I still eat white flour tortillas frequently? Yes. I love breakfast burritos. But I also make sure I get my oats with it as well. Cancels out the flour tortillas..(notsrs)

Back