• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Can all carrier oils be exchanged "ratio-wise" in a recipe?

T

tone

Get Shredded!
Example.. can 10mL of GSO be directly exchanged for other carriers such as MCT or EO? Heating these different oils will not change the ratio and volume content of a recipe?

God I hope that made sense...

Haha!

I would say yes...they are exchangeable...unless you are brewing high MG gear. MCT oil and regular oil should act similar. I wouldn't fuck with ratios of EO and regular oil. I tried that once with a TNE mix and experienced some pretty fucked up separation. The gear in the EO stayed liquid but the gear in the regular oil became like a jelly....it wasn't good. MCT oil might have a similar reaction. I have some Primo E I made that solidified. I'm not sure if it's the MCT oil or the gear crashed...but it looks like solid coconut oil in a vial...if anyone is looking for homemade synthol I'll be working on a recipe by the way...hit me up... :D

Can all carrier oils be exchanged "ratio-wise" in a recipe?

c371a39979de7869a003462996386fd7.jpg

This is what I'm talking about. Both made with 100% MCT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information guys! rays.. was the MCT oil in the Primo EXACTLY the same MCT oil you used for the Sus? The oil came from the same bottle?

I know about EO eating rubber and filters up.. I've also read that BB can do the same but at a slower rate?

Advanced.. what should I invest in to make sure EO or BB will not eat up a filter or rubber stop? Will EO eat through nylon? I feel like alot of this PIP and crashed gear comes from solvents doing just enough damage to the filters to be in the final oil but not destroying filters enough for brewers to even notice? Please forgive me if any of this sounds amatuer.. because I am! Just trying to figure out absolutely everything I can before I brew up a batch in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I forget if they were the same. I used coconut oil. Anyway nylon is safe with BB I think. You can find a chart somewhere listing what filter membranes are safe with bb. If your filter is leaching into your gear it will be cloudy. Don't use regular cellulose membranes. Cellulose acetate is ok though. Unfortunately some powders are processed better than others. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. Just find a good powder source and stick with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back