• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

At what age do you tell your kids to GTFO?

TouaregV8

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
My neighbors have two boys living with them, ages 27 and 30. These boys are the wife's sons from a previous marriage. She enjoys having them live there and it doesn't seem to bother her one bit. The step-dad on the other hand has made comments to me that he would like them gone but apparently he doesn't have the balls and put his foot down with his wife to get them out. There are times that we have gone out to dinner with this couple and the wife orders food to-go to bring home to her sons. She still does their laundry, and even occasionally I see her outside washing their cars for them. The 30 year old has a steady, full-time job and just purchased a new $40k truck. The 27 year old is a loser that bounces from waiter job to waiter job and doesn't even own his own vehicle, he still drives one of mommy and daddy's cars. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. Am I the only one that finds this absolutely appalling?

EDIT: Let me also add that neither of them pay rent.

My neighbors have two boys living with them, ages 27 and 30. These boys are the wife's sons from a previous marriage. She enjoys having them live there and it doesn't seem to bother her one bit. The step-dad on the other hand has made comments to me that he would like them gone but apparently he doesn't have the balls and put his foot down with his wife to get them out. There are times that we have gone out to dinner with this couple and the wife orders food to-go to bring home to her sons. She still does their laundry, and even occasionally I see her outside washing their cars for them. The 30 year old has a steady, full-time job and just purchased a new $40k truck. The 27 year old is a loser that bounces from waiter job to waiter job and doesn't even own his own vehicle, he still drives one of mommy and daddy's cars. I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. Am I the only one that finds this absolutely appalling?

my mom took me back in when I was going through hard Time a few years back and gave me a roof over my head so I could get sober and get a job.. That I agree with and I thank her till this day for... Your story on the other hand seems like they are just free loading.. Time to force them out and into the wild.....

have they been staying with them their whole lives?

I have told my step kids that I will give them the same rules as my parents did us. Once your 18 you are out of the house UNLESS you have a full time job and give me 30% of the checks (which I will put in a safe and when you move out and buy/rent a place I will hand you back that cash) or you are still in college.

I will also help them by not taking that money if it's going to pay down debt (my parents did this for me right after college)

have they been staying with them their whole lives?

The 27 year old from what I understand has moved out a couple of times in the past to stay with "friends", but he always winds up back home. The 30 year old has never attempted to leave.

And I totally understand your situation, Dema. That's a whole different story to help out your child that's going through a tough time.

That's fucked!! Old man needs to put his foot down. HARD! $40k truck and living at home? As soon as he drove that on my god damn drive way, id tell him to pack his shit and move in it.

Yeah these boys are not men, that's for sure. Where I am from you leave when you turn 18, hell or high water. Military, college, work whatever the fuck you want, but you're gone or you're not a man.

This dude needs to kick those boys out, he will be doing them a huge favor in their journey in life.

Any healthy kid over 21 living at home for free is pathetic. Contribute or GTFO.

I could see a parent helping out for a long visit or something but year after year? No way

The ironic part of the whole story is that there are four sons total. Two of them belong to her, and two of them belong to the guy. Both of his boys moved out a long time ago but hers are still there. Momma's boys still got the titty in their mouthes.

The ironic part of the whole story is that there are four sons total. Two of them belong to her, and two of them belong to the guy. Both of his boys moved out a long time ago but hers are still there. Momma's boys still got the titty in their mouthes.
That would even piss me off more.. I wouldn't let a day go by without bringing that shit up.

I couldn't have been in more of a hurry to get out my parents place, and they were great to live with...

If my gal tries to let her red headed devil children continue living with us after 18 I will leave in a heart beat.

IML Gear Cream!
I couldn't have been in more of a hurry to get out my parents place, and they were great to live with...

If my gal tries to let her red headed devil children continue living with us after 18 I will leave in a heart beat.

That's the part I can't understand. Why don't they want to move out and enjoy their freedom and start their lives. I left home when I was 23 and I was good and ready.

If I were the step-dad next door that bitch would have been given the ultimatum a long time ago.

I'm in the same situation. I have a stepson that's 20, goes to college and has a job if u want to call it that. The biggest thing that pisses me off is the little fucker is so lazy. Leaves like 4 drops of milk in the jug so he doesn't have to throw it away, won't do shit unless you ask him. Then if I say anything my wife thinks I'm being an asshole. I'm like WTF do I do. My patience is wearing thin with this shit

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shit i couldn't wait to leave the house. Had my bag packed on the eve of my 18th birthday.

I have a 17 yr old daughter that better not EVER leave.lolj/k but really I hope she at least finishes college before going.

I have told my step kids that I will give them the same rules as my parents did us. Once your 18 you are out of the house UNLESS you have a full time job and give me 30% of the checks (which I will put in a safe and when you move out and buy/rent a place I will hand you back that cash) or you are still in college.

I will also help them by not taking that money if it's going to pay down debt (my parents did this for me right after college)
That is awesome..They will be glad they gave you that to save In the end..I remember when I was 16 and had a j o b I was loaded because I had no bills and I o lay made 4.25 an hr.lol I had a stack under my mattress ;)

That is awesome..They will be glad they gave you that to save In the end..I remember when I was 16 and had a j o b I was loaded because I had no bills and I o lay made 4.25 an hr.lol I had a stack under my mattress ;)

haha, yea it def helped me get into a house by the time I was 25 with a substantial amount down. Felt good to be 25 owning a home paying less for my mortgage then my friends were paying for their 1 room apartments.

With the way the usa is right now, i would just think long enough for them to save up enough money to put a down payment on a home.

The only problem i see is the mom is treating them like they are 10. If you are over 18, you should be paying rent, cleaning the entire home. Paying your own bills and also saving money. They should be doing all the work, and mom and step dad should not have to do shit.

How about telling step dad to talk to mom. And tell her nicely by babying them, it is just going to hurt them in the future because when she is gone, where will they live and how will they learn to care for themselves

I "broke my plate" at the age of 19. I've always usually worked. Moved in with my to be wife temporarily for about 4 months. Friend came up on 100k (at the minimum) worth of drugs for free. we sold the shit out of em dirt cheap and got a place. Been figuring it out honestly ever since.

Everything I said about the drugs of course is entirely fictional.

That kid is gonna live with you til he gets jailed for skinning the family cat alive.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 3 and 5 year old. I hope they never leave me

When they do you have a spare room or couch for me?

lol

I did a two month stay with my mom when I was 21 but had moved out originally when I was 16
I'd rather go to a homeless shelter than live with my parents

I have a stepson that's 20, goes to college and has a job if u want to call it that. The biggest thing that pisses me off is the little fucker is so lazy. Leaves like 4 drops of milk in the jug so he doesn't have to throw it away, won't do shit unless you ask him. Then if I say anything my wife thinks I'm being an asshole. I'm like WTF do I do. My patience is wearing thin with this shit.

I was in this same situation with my step-son. Lazy ass that would sleep until 2pm then wake up and park his worthless ass on the couch the remainder of the day. Everything that he touched he left lay where it was and would never put anything away after he used it. Would make himself a bowl of cereal and leave the open box and the milk sit out on the counter. Total worthless piece of shit. All I can say is hang in there, it won't last forever. My step-son is the Navy's problem now.

I still live at home, I'm 21 almost 22 but I pay rent and the electric bill. Dam close to being able to afford to move out but I need to make just a little more money which can be coming sooner than later as I should be gettin a raise soon. I tried working in the oil field for a while so I could save to buy a house when I was 19 but the 120 hour weeks were kickin my ass with training as well so I had to quit! However I pay for everything my self workin 50 hours a week now so it's been relatively easy compared to my last job. Trying to drop my hours to 40 per week and get some certifications to train people on my days off within the next year though as I'd be happier with that and be able to move out. I've got a plan and know how to get there!

Today's generation lives in moms basement and stays in college for 10yrs to get a degree they don't use.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back