• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

In Pursuit of 26 Inch Quads

malfeasance

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have skinny quads. I posted in the training section "Help Me Build My Quads" that my current quad measurement was 25 inches. They have probably gotten smaller since then, although I have not measured them.

So my goal for this log is to build 26 inch quads.

How long does it take to add an inch to the thighs?

I was 205 in the avatar pic. I am a fluffier 215 now. 6 feet tall. Late 40s.

Experience with AAS - Half a dozen or so cycles.

Current Gear - none. Alright, I know this is an AAS log, so there will be gear later. Unsponsored.

People are no longer making comments about the way I look, like they used to when I was on gear. Sigh. I have puny legs. I am weak, and to be honest I always have been. The strongest I have ever been on back squat is 315 for maybe 15 reps (possibly 20, I do not recall). Now, due to shoulder issues, I can no longer hold the bar in the traditional back squat position. I have substituted front squats, but the weight is necessarily less.

The real motivation to start this log was a couple guys in my gym - I snapped a photo when they were talking to me . . .

3579701.jpg

AM Cardio, half an hour on the elliptical sweating like a whore in church. The lying machine said I burned 500 calories. What a load of marketing bullshit.

Just ate 10 ounces chicken breast, cup of brown rice, and mixed steamed veggies.

Just ate 10 ounces chicken breast, cup of brown rice, and mixed steamed veggies.

Keep this up, as achieving your goal will be more about this than it will be your training program. You're gonna have to dirty the diet up some if you want those quads to grow. It's all about the daily calorie surplus and pounding the heavy compound movements. Your not going to maintain a trim waist line and grow your quads at the same time. There's no way around it.

Tunafish sandwich and a banana before workout. Bodyweight at gym was 216.

Incline press 215 x 6, 6, 5
Incline flies db 35 x 12, 12, 12, 12
Bench press 225 x 8, 5
Bar dips weighted 25 x 6, 5, 3
Cable Crossovers 4 x 12, 12, 8

Now eating 12 ounces of filet mignon steak, rare, a spinach salad, and a glass of red wine (cabernet sauvignon).

Before bed I will down a bowl of cottage cheese with almonds in it.

Upon waking tomorrow, fasted cardio followed by a breakfast of 6 eggs, a slice of whole grain toast, and a bowl of old fashioned oats with cinnamon on it for flavor.

Upon waking tomorrow, fasted cardio followed by a breakfast of 6 eggs, a slice of whole grain toast, and a bowl of old fashioned oats with cinnamon on it for flavor.
I lied. I ordered labs, so I fasted. Then, when I got there, the lab was closed. I had to find another one. I ended up not eating until the afternoon, and I was so hungry I barely remember wolfing down 10 oz. of chicken, two cups of rice, and a pile of steamed veggies. I feel so much better now.

I am more irritable when hungry than on tren!

Looks like my natty lab work.

IML Gear Cream!
A similar one, my44yearoldballs.com

Back day
pullups
barbell rows
T bar rows
dumbell rows
seated pulley rows
stretchers
barbell shrugs

Yesterday was chest day:
Bench press
incline press
incline flies
bar dips
cable crossover

Hey bro, I have a hard time allowing myself to gain fat. Not sure if it's the same way with you.

Are we you tracking your daily macros? What are your targets?

Hey bro, I have a hard time allowing myself to gain fat. Not sure if it's the same way with you.

Are we you tracking your daily macros? What are your targets?
I am not right now, but I probably will as the log progresses. The only time in my life I tracked them faithfully was in the couple of months leading up to the avatar picture.

Doctor's appointment for low T this week.

why would you order gear from a site that is not even on any forums for 1? bro come check us out we got good stuff and a lot of gear, we are like a super market :)

"Unsponsored" just means no source is sponsoring this log. A Sponsored log is on in which the source provides gear for a member to log (or otherwise sponsors it).

I am actually natty right now and have a serum test level barely breaking 300.

Yesterday was arm day:
preacher curls
concentration curls
Lying Tricep Extensions ("Skull Crushers," except, done properly, the bar goes behind my head so that there is still tension on my triceps at the peak of the movement)
DB Tricep Kickback
Pulley Pushdowns with a V Bar
Rev BB Curls
Wrist Curls

I have skinny quads. I posted in the training section "Help Me Build My Quads" that my current quad measurement was 25 inches. They have probably gotten smaller since then, although I have not measured them.

So my goal for this log is to build 26 inch quads.

How long does it take to add an inch to the thighs?

I was 205 in the avatar pic. I am a fluffier 215 now. 6 feet tall. Late 40s.

Experience with AAS - Half a dozen or so cycles.

Current Gear - none. Alright, I know this is an AAS log, so there will be gear later. Unsponsored.

People are no longer making comments about the way I look, like they used to when I was on gear. Sigh. I have puny legs. I am weak, and to be honest I always have been. The strongest I have ever been on back squat is 315 for maybe 15 reps (possibly 20, I do not recall). Now, due to shoulder issues, I can no longer hold the bar in the traditional back squat position. I have substituted front squats, but the weight is necessarily less.

The real motivation to start this log was a couple guys in my gym - I snapped a photo when they were talking to me . . .

3579701.jpg

Do you just measure your quad at the widest point? or is there a specific place to put the tape?

Do you just measure your quad at the widest point? or is there a specific place to put the tape?
I put it just a little higher than the midpoint on the thigh.

Yesterday was leg day:

Front Squat 185 x 8, 8 (going as low as my anatomy permits)
Leg Sled 540 x 10, 10, 10, 10 (this is the leg press that rolls on rails, weight is just the plates, 6 per side)
Hack Squat 180 x 10, 10, 10 (weight is just the plates, two per side)
Leg Ext 87.5 x 17, 17
Leg Curl 90 x 15, 15

Yesterday was shoulders/calves:

Cybex plate loaded shoulder press
Wide grip barbell upright row
DB lateral raises
Db rear flies
Facepulls
Donkey calf machine
Seated calf machine

Today is back day, but I had too much work to get to the gym, so I will do it tomorrow.

Are your balls paying sponsor fees?:paddle:

My testosterone level this week came back at 287. With all of that testosterone coursing through my veins, everybody is lucky I am not going on a testosterone rampage and destroying all the gym equipment. My quads are going to grow, grow, grow!!!

Today is back day, but I had too much work to get to the gym, so I will do it tomorrow.

So, a day delayed, but yesterday was back day
:

Assisted Pullup 9 x 12, 10, 8
BB Row 100 x 12, 12, 12
T Bar Row 75 x 15, 15
DB Row 55 x 10
Seated Narrow Grip Pulley Row 9 x 12, 10, 8
Stretchers 9 x 11, 11
Barbell shrugs 225 x 12

Today was chest day:
But first, AM cardio, 30 minutes on an elliptical, 472 kcals

Incline Press 225 x 5, 5, 5
Incline Flies 40 x 9, 9, 9, 9
Bench Press 245 x 6
Decline 225 x 6
Bar Dips 25 x 8, 6, 6
Cable crossovers 4 x 13, 11, 12

Yesterday was leg day:

Leg Sled 540 x 10, 10, 10, 10 (this is the leg press that rolls on rails, weight is just the plates, 6 per side)
Leg Ext 87.5 x 17, 17
Leg Curl 90 x 15, 15

You want your legs to grow and this ^^^^ is your leg day? :nono:

Yesterday was leg day:

Leg Ext 87.5 x 17, 17
Leg Curl 90 x 15, 15

There is NOTHING wrong with this leg workout if you add more sets.

Throw in Romanian deads and leg press every now and then.

Also if you're shoulders fucked then use the smith machine for squats. It has its place I was forced to use one for a year and added inches.

Also make sure leg day is finished with 15-20min light cardio AND is high carb day- massive thighs will be yoars!

There is NOTHING wrong with this leg workout if you add more sets.

Throw in Romanian deads and leg press every now and then.

Also if you're shoulders fucked then use the smith machine for squats. It has its place I was forced to use one for a year and added inches.

Also make sure leg day is finished with 15-20min light cardio AND is high carb day- massive thighs will be yoars!

exactly my point. Thats barely a warm up. 13 sets? 6 sets per movement not including warmups. Add in walking alternating db lunges.

and yes...add romanian deadlifts or stiff leg deads.

Back