• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Horrible foot injury

stockpot1

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So I haven't been on in a while, sorry friends. Happy holidays!
I injured my foot at work had MRI nerve test and vascular study... So far only thing doc can tell me is the obvious... It's swollen! MRI only showed inflammation. The other tests were ok. The swelling is constant with periods of more swelling but it never goes away. Waiting podiatrist apt. So for now it's pt 3x week, which I think is making the swelling worse. Oh and it's painful.
6c1c9221b85f2df3650c45740b2b39d2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was just wondering about you other day
Get better soon big guy.

Workers comp has me on sedentary work... No gym, no work, ice and elevation... No lifting anything over 10#

That's dirty. What exactly did you do to it? Foot injuries suck. I rolled my ankle so bad it blew up to the size of a grapefruit. That shit was miserable.

I was going up a ramp into the back of the trailer with a lightly loaded hand truck.. And the weight shifted back at me, I stepped back to support the shift of weight when I pushed it popped or something... But nothing has shown up yet.

A negative MRI is great news...no structural damage. Inflammation will go away depending on the severity of the injury.

R.I.C.E. (Rest Ice Compression and Elevation). Do an Ace bandage around the foot for compression. No excessively tight to cut off circulation, but enough to compress.

Also, Get a copy of your MRI. There is a written report that goes along with the films. You want to see for yourself what it says and not just what the physician said.

And keep a journal. Every appt and medication given. And details about what was said at each appt.

Your memory will fail over time, but your journal will keep track. Just a good thing to do.

So after all of the test your Physician is clueless about what is causing the problem ?

skip out on the workmens comp and use your insurance to go see another doctor and get a second opinion.

Did they do a bone scan ?

You may not have time or interest in this right away given the more serious injury, but eventually go see a derm about possible fungus in your big toenails turning them yellow and thick... and eventually mushy, cracked, and disintegrating. They can get rid of that.

So after all of the test your Physician is clueless about what is causing the problem ?

skip out on the workmens comp and use your insurance to go see another doctor and get a second opinion.

Did they do a bone scan ?
No they didn't, 5 months ago just an exray

Cellulitis?

this..injury or not..im betting its a fungal infection....oregano oil caps..ingest it and put it ON those toenails..lots of it and expect it to tear your stomach up pretty bad
also look at zymox ointment for dogs ..it seriously cures every fricken thing I've ever put it on from the dogs to the kids to me...

oh..and get some crocs flip flops to wear everywhere ..never go barefoot
they are the most pain relieving footwear Ive ever found

I want it fixed, or at least a diagnosis. I haven't worked in 5 weeks. Nor have I been able to go to the gym for that time. Dr. orders... This is so frustrating

I bet. Ive had bilateral plantar fasciitis for 8 years..I can semi relate- it sucks

This hurts from last 3 toes then it follows along the blade of the foot to the heel towards outside of the calf towards the knee

Get Shredded!
an mri would show an achilles tendon injury but itdoes actually sound like that but the all over foot swelling isn't consistent with that..idk

good luck

Is it a throbbing pain?

It happened a few months back I was going up a ramp pushing a hand truck up into a tractor trailer the weight shifted back at me. I took a step back and pushed of the foot. After doing that I felt something pop

Wasn't trying to be a dick by pointing out the fungal infection, just straight up. But after Sheriv's suggestion that a fungal infection might be a primary cause, you should definitely look into it no matter what. The Mayo Clinic site even says that toenail fungus can sometimes lead to other complications like cellulitis so it pays to look after the small stuff.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/nail-fungus/basics/definition/con-20019319

Seems like your injury is more likely from a tear, but who knows with all the possible complications.

Wasn't trying to be a dick by pointing out the fungal infection, just straight up. But after Sheriv's suggestion that a fungal infection might be a primary cause, you should definitely look into it no matter what. The Mayo Clinic site even says that toenail fungus can sometimes lead to other complications like cellulitis so it pays to look after the small stuff.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/nail-fungus/basics/definition/con-20019319

Seems like your injury is more likely from a tear, but who knows with all the possible complications.

this..I would be willing to bit pain after a popping sensation is a fascia tear but thats usually localized swelling and a stabbing pain...not diffuse swelling over the whole extremity..ditto for fractures
a fascia tear should show up on a contrast mri but its only as good as the radiologist reading it.

my suggestion still stands...supportive foot wear a all times that allows room for swelling (this is a trick, hence the crocs flip flops suggestion when youre not at work) and the oregano oil for the fungal infection, which is antifungal, antibacterial and anti inflammatory- plus easy to get at any health food/supplement place
id also do a lot of vit C for connective tissue repair- but not at the same time as the oregano oil or your stomach will feel like it wants to explode.

Back