• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

I wish more people were like this...including me.

Ya know man I agree to a point, however not all of the people in need are like that vet. Some of them chose to live like that due to there inability to stop drinking or using drugs, or how about the scumbags that panhandle for a living and drive away in a new car. Any of the guys I see wearing military patches I give to them. Bad part is all the posers and druggies make the givers weary because they don't know if their $$ is going to a positive cause to eat or buy a dry place to lay their head.

Ya know man I agree to a point, however not all of the people in need are like that vet. Some of them chose to live like that due to there inability to stop drinking or using drugs, or how about the scumbags that panhandle for a living and drive away in a new car. Any of the guys I see wearing military patches I give to them. Bad part is all the posers and druggies make the givers weary because they don't know if their $$ is going to a positive cause to eat or buy a dry place to lay their head.

Exactly, that is why I am hesitant to do more myself...

Once I drove this old timer home because he was outside in the rain asking for a ride. I was 25 years old at the time. I stopped and drove him home. But there was that little voice in my head telling me; what if he was crazy and had a gun?

But, there are a lot of guys/gals who could use a helping hand.

I was watching under cover boss, the one with Modells sporting good...he gave this girl who was working for him 250K because she was homeless. Made me cry some...and it's not my E2 fucking with me since I am off for 3 months now. Lol

Idk. Maybe I am a sap and a soft heart for this shit.

The problem is discerning which homeless people are legit and which ones aren't, I've witnessed a homeless guy make his "drop" to a guy waiting for him in a nice newer model truck at the corner gas station after working the corner. After seeing that, I started paying closer attention and the truck was parked there often... I agree though, we should be taking care of our Vets, fuck ALL refugees, they aren't coming here to become Americans, they are coming here to fundamentally change America, just like BHO's campaign promise stated he would do.

Awesome video.
Im not a baseball guy. But watch enough to have observed this on many occassions. A guy makes a outstanding defensive play...and if hes up to bat shortly after he usually has a good at bat. I have seen it in my life repeatedly that attitude determines everything.

I'm of the the miND that helping people puts good attitude around you. It's like a magnet for more good, it's affects everything in your life and everyone around you... even your "helping" fucked up crack head or a scamming drop rat... you get the benefit of the good attitude anyway. which may make the next call to your wife or your pool boy more pleasant. Which may lead to sodomy. if nothing else get good 5 min personal feelz.

The guy was crying because he just hit the lottery!! Finally got free lunch for the rest of his life!

TRmhk.jpg

The guy was crying because he just hit the lottery!! Finally got free lunch for the rest of his life!

TRmhk.jpg

Maybe, but I don't know if he will make good on his promise.

Sometimes I think about helping and donating, then the next day I wake up and say "WTF was I thinking...fuck that shit." LOl

Ya man.. I just can never tell if their bullshittin..

McLarenHomeless.jpg

In the motor city in the downtown area alone. 7 days a week 3 to 4 times a day breakfast,lunch,dinner is served. On Friday they can get free hair cuts. Clothes free. Treatment free. Health care free. Mental health free. Job training free. A place to sleep free. And a big Mac from you for free!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

IML Gear Cream!
In the motor city in the downtown area alone. 7 days a week 3 to 4 times a day breakfast,lunch,dinner is served. On Friday they can get free hair cuts. Clothes free. Treatment free. Health care free. Mental health free. Job training free. A place to sleep free. And a big Mac from you for free!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

People walk around with two loafs of bread under each arm...and the streets are paved with gold!

Unfortunately, I'm always skeptical of people holding out their hands for freebies. I have never given any money to strangers because there are just too many con artists out there who are just taking advantage of good-hearted people. It's sad because there are so many others that do need a helping hand.

Unfortunately, I'm always skeptical of people holding out their hands for freebies. I have never given any money to strangers because there are just too many con artists out there who are just taking advantage of good-hearted people. It's sad because there are so many others that do need a helping hand.

Yeah, but dieselJimmy makes a good point too.

I want to be a better boy...

The spiritual side of me tells me to help others without judging them.

The rational side of me tells me they are all POS scammers exploiting others.

I usually listen to my rational side. But I agree with DJ.

IMO, the right balance would be to help those that have already made an effort to better themselves. You can't help those that don't want the help.

Which reminds me of a case in my neighborhood about a year or two ago. A family employed a troubled young man to work in their small business. They were doing their part to help society. Young man goes to their home to burglarize it. Wife is still at home. He panics and murders her. Family is destroyed because they tried to help someone.

Cynicism is a horrible trait to have. Wish I could change the way I think. But too many people keep me in this mentality.

your actually right not to give these people money, even tho I feel bad about turning people away thats what your supposed to do. I used to volunteer at a shelter and they told us not to give people on the street money cause they will use it for alcohol and drugs. But I still feel a little guilty inside about not helping when I can so I carry around $5 dollar subway gift cards so they can only buy food. Bottle water is always good to give out too and only cost $3 a case

The spiritual side of me tells me to help others without judging them.

The rational side of me tells me they are all POS scammers exploiting others.

I usually listen to my rational side. But I agree with DJ.

IMO, the right balance would be to help those that have already made an effort to better themselves. You can't help those that don't want the help.

Which reminds me of a case in my neighborhood about a year or two ago. A family employed a troubled young man to work in their small business. They were doing their part to help society. Young man goes to their home to burglarize it. Wife is still at home. He panics and murders her. Family is destroyed because they tried to help someone.

Cynicism is a horrible trait to have. Wish I could change the way I think. But too many people keep me in this mentality.
I remember a similar story where a lady hired a guy off the street to paint or something and he murdered her daughter and ran off. these people are on the street for a reason, dont think that people dont know they are there. Shelters send out vans weekly to track them and check up on them. we called them outreach teams, we would cruise around the city and give them a bag lunch ask how they are doing log their names and profiles and encourage them to go to the shelter and get a hot meal and some fresh clothes

I have bought food for homeless people before and they were very grateful. Other times people have turned their nose up at the gesture because they really wanted money in hand . I'm more likely to do that than just hand over cash . One I see a lot now is people needing gas money because they are stranded far from home .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have bought food for homeless people before and they were very grateful. Other times people have turned their nose up at the gesture because they really wanted money in hand . I'm more likely to do that than just hand over cash . One I see a lot now is people needing gas money because they are stranded far from home .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
I had a guy in oakland walk up to my holding a bike asking for gas money, I said bro your holding a bike, he was adamant that it was gas he needed, so I offered a subway gift card and he said WTF is that, I said you can exchange it for a sammich and he said no. true story

I had a guy in oakland walk up to my holding a bike asking for gas money, I said bro your holding a bike, he was adamant that it was gas he needed, so I offered a subway gift card and he said WTF is that, I said you can exchange it for a sammich and he said no. true story

http://youtu.be/vBUbJhFmTPc

Get Shredded!
I had a guy ask me for money for a sandwich... I gave the piece of shit 3bucks. He looks and me with his shit face and said.. That's it.. I said give me my fuckin money back you bum fuck.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

I had a guy ask me for money for a sandwich... I gave the piece of shit 3bucks. He looks and me with his shit face and said.. That's it.. I said give me my fuckin money back you bum fuck.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Yeah you never know. Every once in awhile I'll give my change out of the center console when I'm at a stop. But you never know what they're going to do, who they are, etc. I see the same guy every day standing in the same spot (which isn't even on a main road) sitting in a chair with a sign. It's right across the street from some apartments. I'm pretty sure he just wants to buy some smokes but I don't fuckin buy it.

Even the homeless advocate orgs will tell you not to give money directly to the homeless. Most are addicted to something or other, or dumped out of the mental institutions to live on the streets, or occasionally a scammer (like well-heeled suburban teenage kids that dress in rags and go to the city to beg for fun... truly). Lost in the mix is the rare legit and recently homeless person for whom none of this applies, to be sure, but you never have a way of knowing that.

If you care, find a local org that cooks meals, has beds, or provides other services and give to them instead. You can even charge it on a recurring basis, usually. I'm atheist so it's a little weird to give to a local evangelical Christian church with a big "JESUS SAVES" neon sign that is the only option providing meals, but nothing is perfect...

Back