• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Split Help

ponyboy

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey everyone!

Been out for awhile. Re-injured lower back, family illness, and new job.

Ive been getting back to basic's on the lower back, and core, to strengthen everything up. Light squats /high rep's and strict form, hack squats, single leg smith squats, side lunge, sumo deadlift, dumbbell Romanian deadlift, and frontal core ab work. Im noticing that my traps are getting hit quite a bit from the dead lifts. In the past I would train trap's with shoulders. Question is should I include trap work with my leg/lower back day, shoulder day, or back day. Im also trying to switch to more of a push/pull schedule in my lifting. From what I understand, it seems that most movements. Chest, Shoulders, Tri's, and Quad's are mostly push. Back, Bi's, lower back, and hamstrings, pull. Any suggestions for a push pull split?

Thanks,

PB

Google bosshog routine.That was a good old one.Had two versions of it.

So are you saying I dont get free food anymore??

Me personally I'd hit traps the same day as deads. After I get done with deads I'll do compound sets. Usually upright rows, shrugs and high pulls. Not in that order. Start with th high pulls, then upright rows finish with shrugs. Push pull is a great way to minimize muscle imbalances. By default we spend more time pushing than pulling. Many people have shoulders thar roll forward as a result from all th pushing we do. Many shoulet issues are a result of this. My rule of dumb is for every push exercise you should be doing double the pulling. Good luck on your toad back.

On my shoulder day. Really get after front and lateral raises along with barbell and dumbbell shoulder press?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back