• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Not complety sure where to post this?

sneedam

VP of LIFE
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey guys and gals,
I have been told that beta blockers can suppress male functions like the desire to have sex or lack for a better term the feeling or tendancy to have??? Is this true?? I was recently put on a beta blocker for high blood pressure but the one particular med to slow my heart rate down is screwing me up and that is the beta blocker it is metoprolol...
Give some input if you could...Long time board member at IMF and now here to stay......Thank everyone.....:confused:

Metoprolol is for high blood pressure.. I never had that problem ... I know my doc said that beta-blockers may not make you feel like u got alot of energy.. But I never had any of those effects..

HHMMM... Interesting...Thanks for the reply xpitbull...I am going to double check the script and make sure I have this right....I just confirmed it is Metoprolol and a beta blocker...I am stumped...

Thank you xpitbull.....I am planning on lowering my dose because my blood pressure is now stable with the lisinoprol but my heart rate has always been a little high but will reduce over a period of two weeks as recommended... I am on only 25 mg a day so cutting to 12mg daily should not have a huge effect......But I will say that it deffinately screwed up my sex drive and interest......

Brother,

I'll compile some data for you to digest. Stay tuned.

Idog,

TY,
read both and am doing more research....I am going to consider coming off beta-blockers when I get some more info. The sole reason they prescribed it was because my heart rate was above average. Usually around 100BPM yes that is high but I am guessing that once my excersize routine starts back up along with cardio it will drop considerably. Also m heart rate hase always been on the high side....

Good deal. Makes sense to me.

You can try to even the dose out by split dosing it (talk to Dr first). Half in am, half in pm sort of thing

sent from a remote bunker while banging a Terminator Model T-X

Back